3.

Beautiful Stranger.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everyone was busy talking. Soomin’s mom and Mrs. Byun were too immersed in their conversations. Not meeting for years, they surely had many things to catch up on each other’s lives. Meanwhile, Baekbeom left the house a few minutes ago to meet his friends and now left the awkward two figures; Soomin and Baekhyun.

It was a relief Baekhyun didn’t open his mouth to utter anything about their shameful encounter the other day.

They were all sitting in the living room. Soomin’s eyes were roaming everywhere except Baekhyun. However, she failed and stopped on him. He was shooting a glare at her.

He took a quick glance at their overly excited moms. When he noticed they were in their own worlds, he gave an eye sign to Soomin – motioning her to follow him.

He excused himself and left the living room for the front door. Soomin waited for a few minutes before excusing herself too to avoid giving any suspicious. She was so nervous yet excited.

What if Baekhyun remembered her? That would really make her happy.

“Why are you here?” he hissed as soon as Soomin made her escape to the front yard.

“Didn’t you hear? I’m your neighbour,” she raised an eyebrow.

He scoffed. “I know that.” 

“Do you really not recognize me at all? I mean we used to play together when we were little.”

“That’s the point. That’s when we were little. Now, you have grown. It’s normal that I don’t recognize you,” Baekhyun shrugged.

“But I recognize you,” she frowned, a bit saddened by that.

Baekhyun suddenly felt guiltiness gush through him.

Apologetically, he said, “I’m sorry for being rude to you last night. I thought you were some kind of scary stalker. I didn’t mean to hurt you though.”

“You kind of hurt me though,” she bit her lips – automatically, her right hand rubbed her bruised wrist.

His eyes widen. Almost shouting, he said, “I did?”

He stepped forward and took Soomin’s hand in his. He examined her wrist, feeling stupid for his action. He didn’t know he actually gripped her too hard that it left bruises on that pretty girl’s flesh.

On the other hand, Soomin was taken aback by Baekhyun’s sudden skinship. It sent tingles down her spine. She couldn’t move, couldn’t breathe either - eyes fixed on where their skin touched.

A soft laughter came from the front door.

“Sure, I will definitely come again after – ,”

The words were cut off. Both moms were staring at their children holding hands in the middle of the front yard.

Baekhyun’s eyes found Soomin’s and when he noticed the redness on her cheeks, he nervously released her hand. He cleared his throat, pretending like nothing happened.

The moms were grinning at each other, obviously having a different kind of idea playing in their heads.

With head down trying to hide her blushing face, Soomin walked over to her mom. Baekhyun’s mom took Soomin’s right hand in hers and gently gave her a squeeze.

“Promise you will come by as often as you can?”

Soomin looked up to meet her eyes and Baekhyun’s mom winked. She had that playful side too. Baekhyun’s and Baekbeom’s playfulness must have come from their lovely mom.

Soomin gave a shy nod. “I promise.”

Baekhyun who heard all of it could only protest inside because it was impossible to win over his mom in any arguments.

 

~*~

 

Pant and sweats filled up the room. Heavy breathing could be heard from every corner of the space. Everyone was taking a rest after long hours of practicing except for Kai who was still passionately dancing to the music.

Baekhyun and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter