Life Over Death ||Jealousy Strikes||

Protecting Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

My reflexes brought me to bite the guy's hand as he cussed at me.

 

Using the little time that I had, I picked up a branch, a thick one, as my shield.

 

As the guy advanced towards me, I raised the branch, ready to hit him wherever possible.

 

He came close and I shut my eyes.

 

Once, twice, I hit him the third time on his head with all my strength as he fell unconscious.

 

Taking my chance, I ran forward as I finally saw my main motive, the blue flag.

 

Smiling to myself, I took the flag and turned back around, ready to get out of the dreaded forest.

 

I looked to my front.

 

OH.

 

.

 

The body was nowhere.

 

Taking my guard once again, I raised the branch in one hand, the flag in my other, as I quickly dashed forward.

 

As I was running, I felt something pull my shirt.

 

I turned and tried to kick him at his prize but he was fast as he grabbed my left leg, turned me back around and dug a knife into my leg, leaving a long and deep cut in it.

 

I screamed in pain as I finally got him to let go of my leg.

 

Unfortunately, I fell on my back as the guy took his chance and came towards me.

 

He quietly apologized as he stabbed the knife into my lower abdomen before pulling it back out.

 

He took one last glance at my condition and ran away.

 

"Ungh.." I grunted as I used whatever strength I had left in me to get up.

 

Remembering the flag, I held it tightly in my hand as I dragged my lower body towards the starting line.

 

As I slowly saw the end of the forest and my whole team, I felt a smile creep up.

 

I had not let them down.

 

I was proud of myself, yes.

 

But I would not want them to pity me.

 

Instead, I hope that they would just congratulate me for bringing the team's victory.

 

As I came closer, I paused.

 

None of them seemed as though they were waiting for me.

 

Well, everyone except for my brother and my ultimate best friend and kingka, Junyoung.

 

I turned my head, looking around to see if the other leaders were back.

 

To my dissapointment, both Nana and Niel were back, and Niel was sitting beside Nana as she was getting her leg treated.

 

Tch, what a sight to see.

 

I took a final step, finally getting out of the forest, as I let gravity pull my body to the muddy ground.

 

 

"(_____)-ah!" I heard Heechul scream my name before I finally out.

 

---

[[No One's POV]]

 

"(_____)-ah!" Heechul yelled as he saw his younger sister coming out from the forest.

 

The Mean Machines screamed in happiness as they caught the sight of their leader emerging from the dense forest with their flag.

 

Something was amiss, to Heechul and Junyoung.

 

(_____) was not the type to show anyone if she's dead tired even if she could pass out at any moment.

 

No, there was definitely something more to this.

 

It took seconds before Heechul realized that his younger sister was hurt badly.

 

He turned to Junyoung and said,"Yah, something's wrong. She's not moving!"

 

They both ran out of the crowd and towards the lifeless body.

 

The Mean Machines' shushed each other when they realized their leader was not breathing.

 

Heechul crouched in front of (_____)'s body and kept calling her out as he tried shaking her awake.

 

Niel turned to the lifeless figure as he quickly stood up, not bothering about his girlfriend.

 

He abruptly went to (______) and saw that she was unconscious.

 

"SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE!" He shouted to the crowd.

 

"(_____)-ah, stay on longer alright? You can get through this." Niel said to her.

 

---

(Your POV)

 

I gained consciousness as I looked up to a white ceiling.

 

The hospital.

 

I had expected this, I mean I was STABBED.

 

It was not life threatening, but it was major nonetheless.

 

"Kim (____)-sshi, now that you're awake, you can finally go home. Since this is not life threatening, you can go home. But as there is a deep wound on your left leg, we had to cover it with a cast. You can come back in a months' time to take it off." The doctor explained as I then took all my belongings and left the hospital.

 

---

 

"Ohh! (_____) Unnie! You're back! I'm really glad you're back!~ And thanks for winning the race! You never let us down!" Minzy said.

 

"Wait, so our team won?!" I asked in delightment.

 

"Yeah! And it's all thanks to you~! Congratulations Unnie!" She replied.

 

"Thanks." I gave her a smile before going into my class.

 

As I entered, everyone was looking at me.

 

Yes, I was given unintended attention as I was somewhat handicapped and had to be on crutches for a whole month.

 

I quietly walked to my seat, which was right in front of Niel's, in the middle of the room.

 

Class had started as per normal and time went by pretty fast.

 

As soon as class had finished, I took my time to pack my bag.

 

As I bent down to grab my crutches, Nana walked pass me, kicking my crutches further away from my desk.

 

"Oops, I'm sorry, my bad," she said in a sarcastic tone.

 

I ga

Please log in to read the full chapter