I didn't know I was lost

Wake Me Up

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself
And I didn't know I was lost

 

"Hey. It's me, again."

"I wanted to make sure you're—we're okay, I get it if you need more time. But plea--...", her voice trails off, as her eyes get teary.

"Please let me hear voice. Soojung."

"You have no more voicemail messages in your inbox. Press 7 to delete......"

"I'm sorry." He says to himself ending the call. "Ya'know, you can't hide forever." He looks up and sees his Korean friend. "Its not fair to her" he says shaking his head right to left.

"Thank you Sehun, cuz I really need to hear that." Lay snaps back, "he's right." His Chinese friend adds. Lay looks back at notices Luhan who begins to speak up. "I know you don't want to hear this, but—she maybe in more pain than you are in right now."

Not understanding his closest friends advice, Lay makes a confused facial expression at Luhan.

"Think about it, Yixing. You know how she feels," Luhan eyes the cellphone in Lay's hand, "but she doesn't. That's what hurts even more. Not knowing if your lover will ever speak to you again, or even wondering if they got your 78 missed calls, few hundred text messages, and 11 voicemail messages." Lay gives him the slight death stare. "Give or take." Luhan smiles, adding to his 'theory'. 

"I love her." Lay backs his 'case' up. "Well, it sure ain't looking like that." Sehun points out funnily, causing both guys to stare at him in unbelieveable belief that he is even trying to help.

Luhan waves his hand at Lay to try and get back his itritated attention. "Enough. You, my friend, need to call her back", "You have got to be kidding me" Lay says, closing his eyes and putting his hand on his forehead. "Right this second." Luhan finishes, and Lay opens his eyes, "Are you serious?" he asks. "What?" Luhan responds, "This is the BEST advice you, my best friend, can give me as of RIGHT NOW?" Lay stands up eyeing both guys. 

"Yes." Sehun speaks up, stuffing his face with his breakfast bagel. "Hyung will be lucky if she even picks up." Sehun adds glancing back at Luhan and then at Lay. They both give him that stare again. "What? No one said the truth didn't hurt." He mumbled as he took another few bites out of his bagel. 

"okay, here goes." Lay unlocked his cell password key and pressed Krystal icon speed dial. 

"What should I say when she picks up?" He whispers to both his friends as the call keeps ringing. "I love you. I'm a fool. I'm a dumb idiot. I shouldn't have ignored all your calls and texts---" He cut Luhan off cause he heard the call get connected but no noise was coming from her side of the call.

He took a deep breath in and out. "Soojung?" 

Still no word. Not even a sound.

Luhan and Sehun stare at him wondering what's going on. "What's wrong?" Luhan mouths carefully. Lay nods his head, "I don't know. She's not answering," He mouths back. In confusion, Sehun and Luhan glance at each other.

"Soojung? Are you there?" 

"yes."

"Soojung! I'm so sorry. I have been meaning to call you back, but...."

"....'but'..?"

"but...I've been thinking."

"about?" as she talked she didn't seem to have any emotion in her tone of voice.

"us, and about your feelings too." 

"....." she didn't say a word.

"I shouldn't have let you go through all that all by yourself. I was a coward and a stupid fool. I'm sorry. I love you, Jung SooJung."

"...."

"please say something."

"there's nothing to say."

"what? Soojung, I love you and I'm never letting anything happen to us. I promise."

"you already broke your promise."

"what are you saying?"

"you let us my parents win, and you separated us for good."

"I don't understand. What are you talking about? Please explain--"

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to Korean Air Airlines flight 11A, with service from Incheon to Los Angeles. Please have your boarding pass ready....."

Lay knew exactly where Krystal was as soon as he heard the announcement through her phone line. He couldn't bring himself to even say a word. "Why....why are you at the airport?" his voice began to shake. "You see, my parents and I made a deal. If I was able to get you to come back into our house one more time in the last 2 weeks, they would reconsider us being together. But if I lose the bet, then I would have to...." Lay heard her voice began to trail off, and knew that she was beginning to cry. "I would...have to go study abroad in Los Angeles, as a interim, under my mother's best friend's fashion design company. I would be gone for 4 years or longer, depending on my boss's judgement.

"what? 4 years? or longer? What deal?! What the hell! Why didn't you tell me!" He stopped himself from speaking any further knowing he would only make everything worse on his part. 

"because you never answered any of my calls! You weren't there when I needed you most." Those words stabbed him right in the heart.

"I know." 

Luhan and Sehun who were sitting near him just witnessed the call through his side and had no idea what she was saying, but by watching their best friend struggle with words and his tone of voice, they could tell that he was hurting and feeling regretful.

"Listen. Ju-just don't get on that plane. Alright?" 

"Last time I listened to you, I got my heart broken. So, this time, I'll do what I think is best for the both of us."

"Soojung..."

"Yixing..oppa.."

Lay's eyes began to tear at the sound of her voice saying his name.  Luhan knew what this meant. He had Sehun get up and leave, to bring their car out to the front. 

"Yixing. We're through. Goodbye.

"iii

Lay kept still for seconds later. He didn't budge an inch or even move his eyes."

"Yixing, let's go drinking, hmm?" 

"I have to....go. I need to stop her from leaving." Lay stood up and began walking towards the entrance. Luhan stood up and ran after him, "go where? to the airport? Yah!" Luhan tried to get Lay to answer him, but Lay kept walking towards the parking lot for his parked car. They passed Sehun who was driving to the front of the cafe, thankfully Sehun noticed them pass by him. He drove up towards them, "Luhan-hyung! Lay-hyung!", "stay right there!" Luhan yelled back and ran as fast as he could to catch up to Lay who was already far in front of him. At this point, Luhan started using Chinese to talk some sense into his best friend. 

"Yixing! Hold on a sec!" Luhan yelled at Lay, but it had no effect on Lay, so Luhan ran as fast as he could to get at least in a 3 meters range near Lay as he walked faster and faster towards his car. "Yixing! Okay, let's say you get to the airport and her flight has already taken off, what are you going to do then?!"

"I told her to wait for me!" Lay responds and glances back to look at Luhan. "How do you know she's going to even wait for you?!

"Because I told her to!" 

"Yeah, but you also told her to give you some time, and what good came out of that? You! Wait a sec!" Luhan trying to catch his breath while talking and keeping up with Lay's walking pace. "Just call her when she gets off, then you can talk without chasing after her."

"I can't!!!!" Lay yells in frustration.

"What?" 

"I can't wait to call her. I need--" 

"Did she break up with you?" Those words hurt the first time when it was said by her. The second time hearing it said by his best friend, made him realise that they were already broken up. He stopped walking at a running pace. "she did—didn't she?" Luhan regretted the fact that he asked Lay that way. 

"Hyung!" Sehun yelled as he was driving up closer to their location.

"what's the matter?" Sehun had no idea what he had just drove into. He glanced over at Lay and then at Luhan. "Yixing, get in Sehun's car." 

"what?" Lay turned around to question Luhan's sudden command.

"we're going to Incheon airport." Luhan said. 

Lay's eyes grew wider and Sehun just understood what was happening.

"Yeah, Lay-hyung! Get in here!" 

Lay's expression got better and he began to smile being thankful for friends like them.

Luhan dragged Lay into the car's front passenger seat. Then went over to the driver's seat. "what?" Sehun innocently asked.

"I'm driving." Luhan said bossing Sehun over. Luhan had more driving experience than Sehun, since he just started driving himself.

"awww, fine." the maknae pouted as he unblucked his seat belt and opened the driver's door. "not fair."

Luhan voluntarily opened the backseat door for Sehun. "yeah, sure. We'll see who's complaining after we end up in the emergency room."

"ready?" Luhan says as he put the keys into the ignition. "Let's go."

 

 


 

 

I'm so sorry its this short. I really am.

I just need more time figure out some ideas for you lovely readers who are subscribed to this story!

Please leave ideas if you have any! the more it helps. trust me.

 - - - - - - - - - - I LVE YU ALL - - - - - - - - - - -