Press Conference

Our Love Is Like A Song You Can't Forget

Listen to DBSK “Mirotic (Instrumental)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kMVhpc1xaI
============================

The new decision was made. Everyone would now know that JooRin and Jaejoong had been married and were now expecting. It took longer then usual to convince the manager that it was the only choice they would agree with and the press conference was held. The guys were told to keep quiet and let Jaejoong and JooRin answer all the questions unless asked directly.

They were seated in a row in front of reporters and cameras waiting to catch every moment. JooRin fidgeted slightly as she sat between Jaejoong and Yunho. Noticing her fretfulness, Jaejoong leaned over and kissed the top of her hand.

“Calm down. Everything’s gunna be ok.” he said with a smile.

“I don’t feel so good.” she said. “I feel like this isn’t going to end well.” she smiled back nervously and they waited for the conference to begin.

A couple short minutes later, after everyone assembled themselves in seats, the manager began.

“Today’s press conference was put together due to some misunderstands that we wanted to clear up. A couple days ago, news went about that JooRin was expecting after photos of her and Jaejoong spread at the hospital. To make that assumption firm, yes everyone, JooRin is expecting.”

The reporters gasped and started furiously writing away. The cameras zoomed in on JooRin who was nervously biting her lower lip.

“People were outraged and started going on about how they couldn’t trust their idols anymore and can‘t look up to them.” the manager continued. “But I would like to assure everyone that, Dong Bang Shin Ki’s is still as good as ever.”

“How is it just as good when they are having a illegitimate child?” a reporter interrupted. “People look up to these guys. Are you saying that it’s right to just run around having children to people you’re not planning to make a family with?”

“Who says the child was illegitimate?” the manger answered and reporters paused shocked. “Jaejoong and JooRin are married.”

The gasps were heard all the way through the room and the guys and JooRin stiffened in anticipation.

“When did they get married?”

“How come no one knew?”

“Why did you keep it a secret?”

Questions got thrown at them one right after the other and with a wave of his hand, the manager gave them the mic. Clearing , JooRin leaned forward into the mic.

“Well, um, me and Jaejoong got married a couple months ago, actually.” she answered. “We decided to keep it a secret because we didn’t want it to interfere with his or the rest of the bands career.”

“It was better off for us this way.” Jaejoong added. “And now, a couple months later, we found out we’re having a child.”

“Why aren’t there any wedding pictures of you guys?” someone asked. “And how come none of your friends were invited to the wedding?”

“Where did you go for your honeymoon?” another added.

JooRin looked at Jaejoong nervously and he nodded encouragingly.

“Well, we didn’t really make a big wedding. It was just a small ceremony and like I said, we didn’t want people knowing, so we really didn’t invite anyone. As for the pictures, we preferred to keep them private.”

“What about the honeymoon?” the same person asked again.

“Unfortunately, DBSK was too busy for us to be able to go on a honeymoon.” Jaejoong answered. “So we just went out to some local places for a couple of days.”

“Do you guys know what you’re having?” another reporter asked. “What are you going to name he or she?”

“It’s too early for us to know what we have, so we haven’t even thought of what to name the baby.” JooRin answered. “It’ll come in good time I guess.”

One reporter had been watching them through the whole interview quietly, without saying a word. She knew they were lying. Anyone that looked deep enough would know they were lying. She wondered why they were lying. Could be that they really were having a baby but not married? And they were trying to unsuccessfully play it off? She would be the one to find out.

“Excuse me.” she said standing up. The cameras and the group turned to her. “I have a very important question.”

“Um, sure. Go ahead.” Jaejoong replied.

“My question is this,” she said, walking towards their table. “Why would you guy go through all this trouble of hiding it and then getting caught at it, when you could have just waited?”

Jaejoong and JooRin blinked back at her. Was this lady for real?

“Well,” JooRin replied, slightly irritated. “When two people love each other and are ready to get married, I assume they have the right too. There was no need to wait for our marriage. It was our choice to keep it private or not.”

“We wanted to keep it private for a good while, but things happened unexpectedly, causing us to come out with it.” Jaejoong added. “We apologize for it coming out this way, but we had no other choice.”

“Ah, I see.” the reported replied, disappointed. They were winding their lies in deeper. “Well, since your marriage is out and about, why don’t you just show us some of your wedding pictures? Oh and the wedding certificate would be a nice bonus.”

“We don’t have to show you or anyone else for that matter, anything.” JooRin replied angrily. “Those things are strictly personal and we have a right not to show them to anyone.”

“Why not?” the reporter asked, smirking. She was getting where she wanted. “You can’t possibly say you don’t like them. Unless of course,….there really aren’t wedding pictures. Or a wedding period for that matter.”

The audience and group gasped. Jaejoong and JooRin looked at each other surprised.

“Excuse me, miss.” the manager said. “Are you calling us liars? How dare you.”

“Oh I dare.” she replied. “I want to know why you guys are lying to the public. It’s clear that they’re lying. You refuse to show us pictures, you didn’t go on a honeymoon because of a ‘so called busy schedule’, when everyone knows that Dong Bang Shin Ki is on their break at that time, and if you were too busy to actually go on a honeymoon, how could you have gone to local places for a couple of days and no one spotted you? Besides that fact, you didn‘t invite anyone? Anyone at all? How could you not do that? As far as I know, JooRin is pretty tight with majority of the k-pop music celebrities. There is no way your wedding could happen without you inviting anyone.”

The six looked at their manager shocked. How would they reply to that? None of them noticed Jaejoongs clenched fist and how hard it was shaking.

“I rest my case.” the reporter said with a smirk. “Clearly you guys didn’t see the glitches in your plans. Now what’s the big problem? Is the baby not Jaejoongs?”

“How dare you say that!” JooRin replied angrily standing up. “I’m not some low-life that runs around with guys day and night. What gives you any right to----”

“You are pretty close with a lot of guys.” the reporter observed. “Super Junior in particular. I’d understand of course, 13 very nice looking guys. Or SHINee, they must‘ve liked noona a lot.”

“Are you out of your mind?” JooRin yelled. “You’re disgusting. Maybe you know about sleeping around with a bunch of guys but the only guy I’ve ever been that close to is Jaejoong.”

“Excuse me, miss.” Yunho said finally getting up. “I think you’ve gone over the line as a reporter. You have no right to throw out accusations like that.”

“It’s my job.” she replied curtly.

“Well, you’re very clearly bad at it.” Yunho replied. “Now if anyone else has any questions you can----”

“You can’t just skip over me!” the reporter demanded.

“Yes we can, if you step over the line.” JooRin replied.

“Is it because I was the only one who wasn’t stupid enough to believe you guys?” she said with a smirk. “Is it because I let the world see who you really are?”

“Are you a reporter or an anti-fan?” Yunho asked. “Reporters don’t sit there telling their personal opinion about everyone.”

“You guys are a bunch of liars.” she replied. “And it’s a shame to disappoint of your fans like that.”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Jaejoong shouted banging his fist on the table, standing up. “Do you want to know why we lied? Because if we hadn’t, we would have lost everything! Our band, our friendship, our love. Do you have any idea how difficult this past month has been? We figured if we smoothed the thing out, it wouldn’t have hurt anyone. But I was wrong. We should’ve just told the truth from the beginning.”

The manager and the group looked at him dumbfounded. All the reporters were furiously writing away.

“She’s right.” he said with a sigh. “We aren’t married. This pregnancy was a mistake. Neither of us wanted it now and it almost cost us our relationship.”

“What happened when you found out?” someone asked.

“I was the biggest jerk ever.” he replied. JooRin put her hand on top of his and squeezed it slightly as she was about to get up with him but he gestured for her to stay seated. “I was so shocked, I left and didn’t come back until a week later. JooRin was going to leave. She was on a plane ready to go back to the US because she thought I left her. It was a week of misery for everyone. I almost lost Yunho as one of my best friends, my members, and most importantly, the love of my life. I was scared to what my fans would think, and if they’re mad at me for lying, they have a right, and I apologize.”

“But the baby is yours?” a reporter asked. JooRin winced.

“Please stop asking that.” he replied. “Yes, the baby is mine. Don’t doubt it for a second. It took us a while to get to that phase and really, we--I should’ve waited. We were both impatience I guess, and we landed ourselves into a lot of trouble, and we’re paying the consequences.”

“Did you guys think of abortion?” someone asked.

“Absolutely not.” Jaejoong replied immediately. “Just because we made a mistake, doesn’t mind the baby has to pay for it.”

“You guys don’t seem very happy to have this baby.” a reporter commented.

“We are most definitely happy.” Jaejoong replied. “But, we just wish it was at the right time. Having children is a big responsibility. We wanted to be married and ready to start a family first.”

“You keep referring to this as a mistake.” a reporter said. “Do you think that your love to JooRin was a mistake?”

“No.” he replied. “Neither JooRin or the baby was a mistake. The timing was a mistake. JooRin is the love of my life and I can’t live a day without her.”

“Do you guys plan to get married?” the female reporter asked.

“Yes.” he replied then added, “We’re not sure when at the moment, but we most definitely will.”

“How do you think your fans will react to this?” she asked.

“I….hope they’ll forgive me. I never meant for all this to happen.” he replied. “I made a mistake and I’m doing all I can to fix it and live up to it. I love all my fans and respect them and I hope they will do the same for me.”

“I think that ends out press conference.” the manager said. “Thank you all for coming.”

The group plus the manager swiftly walked out of the room and headed into their office at the end of the hall. The manager slammed the door angrily.

“Are you out of your mind?!” he screamed at Jaejoong. “Do you know what your little moment is going to us? Do you have any idea what you’ve done?”

“There was no point of lying.” Jaejoong replied calmly. “We should have just told the truth from the beginning.”

“This little honest moment of yours just might cost you your career mister.” the manager snarled back.

“Isn’t that what we’re supposed to be doing?” Jaejoong replied irritated. “Being the honest role models to everyone? Isn’t that what out music is about? Being honest to yourself?”

“You be honest to yourself when its not costing me my job!” the manager yelled angry. “Go back to your apartment. I don’t want to see any of your faces until I find, if I find, something else for you to do.”

With that he stormed out of the room. Jaejoong looked at the group.

“Was I wrong to just tell the truth?” he asked distressed.

“No.” JooRin replied, getting up and cupping his face in her hands. “You were right. We should’ve just done that from the beginning. And I’m proud of you for talking up like that in front of everyone. But I did tell you this wouldn‘t end well.”

“But yeah Jae.” Yunho said, patting Jaejoong on the back. “I back you up. You were right.”

The other three agreed and gave words of encouragement as they walked out to their van and made their way home.

“I can’t believe that was saying I was sleeping with Super Junior and SHINee.” JooRin said with a look of disgust on her face as she started roaming around for her phone in her bag. “That’s like saying I’m gunna sleep with Yunho.”

“You used to.” Micky said with a smirk.

“That was before I found someone better.” she replied with a smirk.

“HEY!” Yunho objected. “Jaejoong is not better then me.”

“I’m better then the both of you.” Junsu interjected. “Right Rina?”

“You know it baby.” she replied as she finally got a hold of it.

“Wow hyung.” Changmin said. “You’re just gunna let her diss you like that?”

“No matter what she says Changmin, whose she gunna come back to in the end?” Jaejoong replied tiredly.

“Oh my god.” JooRin replied as she scanned through her phone.” I have 155 unread messages.”

“From who?” Jaejoong asked.

“From Super Junior, SHINee, my parents, Junho, 2PM,Big Bang, and various girl groups.” she replied. “They all saw the interview since it was live, and are asking a billion questions.”

They all just started at her.

“Big Bang?” Jaejoong asked with a raised eyebrow.

“And 2PM?” Yunho asked. “Where did you meet them?”

“Oh.” she said in a small voice then cleared . “I met them one day when I was out with Super Junior.”

“And naturally you got their numbers and have been talking to them since?” Micky said with a knowing smile.

She gave him a cheesy smile.

“I like Junsu and Junho.” Junsu said with a laugh. “They remind me of two very y people. And they’re nice.”

“They all are.” JooRin replied. “You guys should be their friends.”

“We are.” Changmin said. “We’re just not close friends.”

“Wait, back up a second.” Jaejoong said looking at her. “I thought you didn’t get Big Bangs number back at the awards ceremony?”

“Well,….I saw them after that with SHINee.” she replied. “And once they asked, I couldn’t say no.”

“Of course not.” Jaejoong scoffed. “I see you’re meeting a lot of new people with SuJu and SHINee.”

“YAH! Stop being ugly.” she replied swatting him. “They’re my friends.”

“Sure, sure.” Yunho said with a smirk. “That’s what she says about every guy she talks too.”

“Whose side are you exactly on?” she said with a glare.

“The less violent.” he replied. “And that clearly isn’t yours.”

“Do you have any other bands you plan to conquer their numbers?” Yunho asked with a laugh.

“Hmm.” she said thoughtfully. “Well, there’s still F.T Island. Hongki is a babe. And 2AM. Oh! And VOS. I love them.”

“But you told me you weren’t going to get Big Bangs numbers.” Jaejoong said with a scowl.

“Blah.” she replied sticking her tongue out at him. “Well, whatever ok. There’s nothing wrong with me talking to Big Bang. Doesn’t SNSD have your number? And I don’t even see why.”

Jaejoong didn’t reply.

“My point exactly.” she replied, looking through her phone. “We have bigger things to worry about. Such as, your fans. How the hell are they going to react?”

Everyone was thinking of the same question and were a nervous wreck, hoping for the best.

============================================

Comments are love ^o^