Bliss

Mr. & Mr. Park Baekhyun

There are many things Chanyeol loved about his relationship to Baekhyun. He loved hearing Baekhyun singing a full length album in the shower all the way for the kitchen. He loved going on random, sporadic dates just for the sake of exploring, and he find that even if he has to juggling navigating through the crowded streets while dodging people he's being inadvertently dragged into, it's worth it to see that million dollar smile across Baekhyun's face. He loves finding new places to eat, just because he finds the way Baekhyun eats completely endearing, especially when he really likes the food he's eating. He even loves doing nothing but sitting on the couch together, mindlessly chattering with each other in the middle of the day, as they inch towards sleeping. 

But what Chanyeol loves the most is being able to wake up to a face full of Byun- Park Baekhyun (he still can't say that without smiling like an idiot). Everything from the way his hair falls in front of his face, or how his nose crinkles a little in his sleep, or how he looks totally warm coccooned in their blanket, makes Chanyeol fall in love all over again. 

It's not every day he wakes up and sees his husband in bed next to him. Usually Baekhyun is out making breakfast and coffee for the two of them, preparing for a day's work. It's only after long gruling weeks of working, that Baekhyun gives himself permission to sleep in a little later than usual. And even then, it only happens about once every few months. 

But Chanyeol's fine with that. Moment's like these aren't special if they happened too often right? 

Who was he kidding. 

The biggest reason why he treasured moments like this, though, is because nothing is calmer than Baekhyun when he's sleeping. In Chanyeol's opinion, he doesn't think there is anything more beautiful.

So whenever Chanyeol get's the chance, he stays there and does nothing but look at the presence beside him from between a few minutes or almost two hours, contemplating everything from what his schedule is today, to how incredibly lucky he was to be able to be with such an amazing person (he still hasn't wrapped his head around it), until Baekhyun's eyes flutter open. 

"Good morning, sunshine." Chanyeol whispers, careful not to be too loud, as he rubs his hand on Baekhyun's cheek. 

"Good morning." Baekhyun mumbled, voice cracking from his sleep. 

And they continue laying like that for a few moments, Chanyeol watching at the other fidgeted, yawning, trying to wake himself up. Is it possible be that cute so early in the morning? 

Baekhyun scoots over a little, snuggling himself into Chanyeol's shirt, and smiling to himself when he feels strong arms wrap around him. The warmth that Chanyeol emits, and the rhythmic beating of his heart probably isn't helping Baekhyun with his waking up problem, but he decides thats he can lay here for a few moments.

"Babe, you ready to get up?" Chanyeol says as he run's his fingers through Baekhyun's hair. 

Baekhyun shakes his head, his voice muffled by Chanyeol's shirt, "I don't wanna." He feels Chanyeol's fingers reach for his chin and pull him up, he glances up at the other's eyes. As Chanyeol leans in, Baekhyun turns away. "No, morning breath." 

"Babe, you honestly think I care about your morning breath?" Chanyeol says as he cups Baekhyun's face and pulls his face in for a kiss. And they stay like that for what seemed like forever, lips against lips, only pausing for air.

And when Chanyeol finally pulls away, he looks at Baekhyun, his blushing cheeks and swollen, red lips, and grins. "Do you want to wake up now? Or stay in here a little more."

His answer come when he feels arms wrapping around his torso, and a head returning to his chest.

And as Chanyeol kisses the top of Baekhyun's head, he can't help but think how lucky he was, and how lazy days, especially one's like this, are the best.

 

Author's note: I know, its a little short, but bear with me guys! I hope you enjoy (: