Ending 2: River Where My Love Flows Deep

Saengil chukahamnida , Taemin .

A/N: Here's my comeback update! I seriously hope you guys enjoy this one. I could make more endings I guess...if you guys suggest possible ones cx Oh yes, I've changed a couple of details from the first chapter, I hope that didn't confuse you all that much! And yes, please do leave comments, and subscribe if you like it. Together, let's show the oppas some love! Keke <3. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Taemin stared at the calm river, taking deep, slow, breaths. This was the calmest he has ever felt in weeks, and he was glad for it.  He slipped his right hand into his shirt pocket, taking out your hairpin. He has been holding on to it for weeks now, crying over it, drawing strength from it. He depended on it to bring him through this tough time.

“Maybe it’s time to let it go.”

With that thought, Taemin stood up, took a stance, and swung his arm back to throw the hairpin far into the calm waters, the soft “splash” setting his heart free in ways he couldn’t understand but was felt throughout this entire being.

He sat back down, and smiled to himself when a certain sad memory flashed through his mind again. He allowed himself to feel it this time round. It’ll be the last time.

 

I woke up a while later, sitting myself up as I crack my aching neck. Why have I been sleeping in front of the bathro-

“YEOBO!”

I scrambled up and tried the doorknob. Locked. Bracing myself for the impact, I shouldered the door open with all my strength. With a satisfying grunt, and a few wooden splinters I sent flying, the door opened as I was greeted with a flowery smell.

“The shampoo she always uses…”

I looked around, saw what was written on the mirror and screamed out loud in frustration.

“No! No no no no! You’ve got it all wrong!”

Noticing the closed shower curtain, I flung it wide open. I swear I would have fallen to my knees, my legs were shaking so bad, if not for the fact that you were in danger. It wasn’t the time for breakdowns.

“Ambulance.”

I digged into my pocket, and took out my cellphone. Dialling the number I’d never thought I’d have to dial, I practically screamed through the phone.

I had to wake you up, so I slapped your face hard. The sharp sound it made tore at my heart. It was necessary, but that hadn’t make it any easier. Seeing your eyes flutter weakly was honestly the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. You tried to mumble words that sounded like “help.”

My eyes watered at that moment. You wanted to live. You didn’t want to leave me yet. I was so goddamned happy.

Encouraged, I slipped my arms under you, not caring that my sleeves got soaked to the skin with the bloodied water. I lifted you up to carry you to our bedroom and dried you up with a dry towel, careful not to touch your gaping wounds as I changed your wet clothes.

“Yeobo… what did you do to yourself…”

A knock on the door alerted me of the help. Quickly wrapping you in a huge towel, I carried you to our door. What happened next was a huge blur. I only remembered the part where I was desperately hugging you, crying shamelessly into your wet hair, willing you to keep your eyes open as we make our way to the hospital. When we finally reached, I wouldn’t let go. I had a feeling if I had, you wouldn’t come back.

The paramedic had to tear us apart. I felt like it was my heart he was pulling in two directions. You are my heart, yeobo, why did I ever make you doubt that? 

Then my memory skip to the part where I was pacing back and forth in front of the Emergency Room. Your hairclip was already in my grip. I must have quickly detached it from your hair when they were trying to take you away from me. My heart was beating frantically. I was sweating buckets. I prayed and prayed, something I haven’t done since I was a young boy. The door then slide open, and saw I the face of the person who was supposed to fix you up. She had a solemn look on her face, her hands hidden in her too-white coat. 

And then I felt it. I felt the cold iron claws gripping my heart.

Isn’t it funny how your whole life could depend on just one person?

 

He was staring off into the distance when hard jabs suddenly attacked his right shoulder. Shocked, he stood up and whipped around to confront his attacker.

“Did you seriously just flung my favourite hairclip into that river, Lee Taemin?” a melodious, but very angry female voice reached his ears.

His tense shoulders relaxed, and he laughed out loud before pulling you around the bench, and into his arms. He kissed your hair again and again, shaking his head as his chest rumbled with barely contained laughter. He lifted your bandaged arm, remember how bloodied it was before, and thanked his stars before he started kissing it.

He felt like the luckiest man on earth.

“Yah! Don’t think that this very warm hug, and those lovely kisses are going to distract me from what you just did,” you berated him again.

You were unable to keep the laughter from your voice before you snuggled into his arms and buried your face into his neck, surrendering to his warm arms, and adoring kisses.

He sighed happily.

My precious gift. I’m never letting you go ever again. That’s my promise to you.” He whispered into your soft hair, as the wind softly caressed both of you in that summer heat.

He suddenly lifted you up, and swung you around before bending you backwards a little to give you a long kiss on the lips, pressing his body tightly against yours. You could feel this heart beating, and you briefly wondered if you could ever be any happier.  

 

 

.... ~fin~.