What Is Love?

Beautiful Angel - One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Soojung smiled bitterly as she slowly watched Jongin, walk down the street with Bae Suji, the new pretty girl who had just moved from Gwangju. She hated the sight in front of her for some reason, and she really didn’t know why. After all, it was just Kim Jongin. Her best friend since childhood days, the only person who took care of her when she was alone, the special person who dried her tears when she cried and the person who would always be there for her.

 

Soojung watched from a rather distance, Jongin and Suji were currently on an actual date. For the entire period of time Soojung had known Jongin, he had never dated a girl. And for that reason, she encouraged him to date somebody. She had dated some people while Jongin hadn’t. She always nagged him on this topic. But he rejected the offers she had made to him.

 

Then, Bae Suji approached her to get set up with Jongin. At first, Soojung thought it was a great idea and managed to convince him to go on a date. But now, she was beginning to regret the decision. For some reason, it hurt badly to see the pair walking together. With a sweet and happy grin plastered onto her lips, Suji smiled at Jongin. And he smiled back. For the first time in Soojung’s entire life, she wished silently that Jongin was standing beside her instead of standing beside someone else.

 

Maybe, was it love? Soojung shook her head vigorously, brushing off the idea as only a passing thought. After all, there was no way she could have fallen in love with Jongin. He was only her best friend. To grow feelings for such a person would have just been odd.

 

She slowly followed the couple and ending up in a park. Jongin and Suji were sitting on the swings. Jongin looked around, his eyes catching Soojung’s eyes. With an intensely bitter taste in , Soojung smiled at him. Jongin stared back, hurt obviously in his expression. She quickly looked away, wondering why it hurt so much. Maybe because she let her best friend go on a date with someone else.

 

Soon, the date ended. Suji stood up from the swing and moved her head closer to Jongin’s. Soojung felt another stab of pain. But then, Jongin tuned his head away from her and looked away. Suji let out a slightly angry look, saying something before walking away. Once Suji disappeared, Soojung approached him.  

 

“So, Jonginie, how did the date go with Suji? Did you enjoy it?” Soojung asked with a slight tone of disappointment. Jongin simply sat on the swing, letting the wind blow through his hair. He didn’t even bother neatening it after it had become mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter