What Makes You Beautiful

Beautiful Angel - One Shot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kim Jongin can only describe her as beautiful. He does not know how to explain her in any other way, even though she is so many things than just that. She is talented, smart, gentle, kind, intelligent and flawless. Jung Soojung is so perfect. She is so perfect to him, but these words are never enough. 

"You are beautiful." She laughs at this every time because he always says this, but to him the words are never wasted. 

She is beautiful, and she is also so much more but he can only say that.

There was never a start to it. He could just say it happened one day because it almost kind of did, and Soojung was just in his way of living.

He keeps her hand in his for the first time after the SM Town concert and she doesn't let go, and Jongin thinks that might have been when he knew. Her hands are kind of sweaty from the internalized heat and her cheeks are flushed and her eyes are glowing and they should probably get ready for the next stage, but neither of them breaks apart and that's when he knows.

Then Jongin kisses Soojung before someone comes and pulls her away and she doesn't break off then either. He loves her.

She is faultless. It might have been impossible before he met her but she is, and for some reason it makes sense.

Jung Soojung is a storyteller, too. He wouldn't have ever guessed, but she likes to create her own tales, and her stories are just as beautiful as she is. Sometimes they are children's stories, and sometimes they are friendship stories, and sometimes they are just every day stories, but his favourite are the love stories. Those stories remind him of them, of Kim Jongin and Jung Soojung, and how as she says, when they look at each other, the rest of the world disappears, and love is like a dandelion seed that must be taken care of to grow. Her words are beautiful, too. 

"Can you tell me a story about us?" He asks once, and she smiles. Her smile lights up the room. It is cliché but it fits, he thinks. 

Then she says, "All of my stories are about us." And she is even more perfect. 

Sometimes he likes to take her on walks. She likes walking, and he likes holding her hand. Soojung's hands are soft and delicate and just cold enough for him to warm, and it gives him an excuse to take her hand in his and feel loved. 

Neither of them talks very much, but Jongin feels like he knows all about her anyways.

She likes to listen to music, but not as much as she likes to sing, neither of which she likes as much as learning. She wants to travel the world and she loves eating, but she does not eat that much. She loves people and everyone is good. She does not choose favourites but he does not mind because she is his favourite and sometimes that is all that matters. 

They don't walk for very long, because both of them always have schedules and there is always somewhere else to be other than together, but he likes to take her on them anyways. 

He takes her to remote coffee shops and bakeries that sell expensive desserts and old time record shops and the occasional deserted dance studio, because there are so many dreams of becoming a star and not all of them can come true. She likes to dance in these studios, reliving the dreams as she calls it, and Jongin just likes to watch her. Her moves are vivid and graceful and she dances beautifully. 

Then Soojung pulls him up too, even though neither of them are the anyth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter