School Break - Lay

|| EXO scenarios ||
School Break - Lay
 
You were lying on your bed, drumming you fingers against the soft bed sheets. You were bored out of your mind and wanted to call someone and hang out but they were all on vacation. 
 
It was a warm summers day and it was also the summer break at the university you studied at. Everyone was hanging out together or on holidays, having a blast. But you on the other hand, were lounging on your bed, with no one to talk to and no one to hang out with. 
 
You swivelled your head to the left where your bedside table was and stared at your phone that was just sitting there. It looked like it was having a better time than you! 
 
You drummed your fingers slower and stared at your phone intensely, tempted to grab it. You squinted your eyes, still thinking about what you should do with it. 
 
Grab it, don't grab it. Grab it, don't- Without a second thought, you snatched the phone from the table a unlocked it, immediately checking your contacts. 
 
She's busy, vacation, busy, busy, even he's on vacation. Busy , busy- God damn it, even mum and dad are on holidays! You groaned and threw your phone on your bed but bounced off of it. 
 
You groaned out in frustration and leaned your head back onto the beds wooden head rest. You closed your eyes for only a few moments until your phone buzzed, signaling that some one was calling. 
 
You shot up and scrambled off of your bed, racing to your phone that was in the other side of the bed. You picked up your phone and looked at the callers number. Private Number. 
 
Ugh, really? It's probably one of those electricity companies, you sighed, making a face, contemplating whether to pick it up or not. You shrugged and answered the call. "Hello?"
 
"Hello! Is this y/n?" The caller responded. It was obvious that it was a man speaking, maybe around your age.
 
"Yes, this is y/n," you answered the mans question. "but who are you?"
 
The man thought for a moment. "Would you recognise me if I told you I was forgetful?" 
 
Instead of answering or thinking about his question, you immediately replied, "If you were forgetful, then how did you get this number?" 
 
Exhaling, the man the thought again. "What if I said to you..." He paused for a moment before continuing, "Dimple Man?" 
 
This time, you thought about what he said. Tapping your chin thoughtfully you tried to think about the past. Your eyes widened and then a smile plastered your face. "YIXING!" You shouted over the phone. 
 
"Yeah, that's me!" He said cheerfully back. "next time, don't shout over the phone."
 
You flushed red in embarrassment. "Sorry," you apologised. 
 
"It seems like she did remember him after all," another faint voice sounded in the back. 
 
"Sehun, shut up!" Yixing shouted towards the other. "Sorry about that." 
 
You giggled at his reaction and smiled. "Nah, that's okay. So what did you want me for?" You asked changing the subject. 
 
"Oh right, yes. I was just asking if you wanted to get coffee with me today." Your eyes sparkled in delight and immediately agreed. "I'll pick you up in 15 minutes. Same place?" 
 
"Same place." You bid your good bye and heard another shout from Yixing but directed to Chanyeol, his other band mate. 
 
Your probably wondering why on Earth would one of the members from the popular, EXO, be calling you?
 
Well, to make it short, you and Yixing were childhood friends. You met when your were both babies and your mothers are very good friends too. 
 
You hung up and smile widely. You actually couldn't believe that you're going to see someone on this boring day. And with the one you love. You skipped over to your wardrobe to find stacks of clothes. Taking the first thing you saw, you undressed your self an hopped into the shower. 
 
Once you had finished, You got changed in to what you had grabbed from the wardrobe; a light floral top that came just above mid-thigh, a pair of dark blue jeans and so slip on black flats. 
 
You went down the hallway into the kitchen, where you bag was with all of your belongings. Picking up your bag you rummaged through it to check if everything was there. 
 
You stomach grumbled quietly and you groaned, making your way to the kitchen. Then the door bell rang. 
 
Your eyes widened and race out to grab your bag that you left in the dinning table ad rushed to the door.
 
Fixing your hair, you tried to look calm, cool and collected all at once, which was hard for you since you were the exact opposite.
 
You opened the the door wide and smile at the tall man in front of you. "Hi, Yixing." He was wearing simple top with an American print in it, sunglasses, a black and white cap and black jeans with black vans. 
 
Damn, he looked y in anything he wore. 
 
He took off his glasses and smiled at you, showing his dimple that always made you melt. "Hey, y/n. You ready?" 
 
You mentally bit your lip but gave your answer by simply nodding. You locked your door an headed to where Yixing's car was at. It wasn't too flash, simple, just the way he liked it. 
 
Instead of going to the drivers seat, Yixing went to the passenger seat and opened the door. You thanked him and entered the car. 
 
He closed the door and jogged over the the other side and entered the car. He inserted the key and turned it on, letting the car roar. 
 
He started driving when you asked, "Where are we going, Yix-"
 
"Call me Lay," he smiled and turned a corner. "and we are going to go to the shop where we always used to go as kids." 
 
You nodded your head once and a grumble emitted from your stomach. Lay reached over and started patting your stomach. "Someones hungry~" he cooed. 
 
Shocked at the action, you shoved his hand off your stomach. "Hey! Don't do that! Eyes on the road!" You shouted as Lay laughed at your reaction. "Seriously." You mumbled and softly patted your burning cheeks. 
 
"We are nearly there, don't worry," he chuckled while looking straight ahead at the road. He looked at you from the corner of his eye and saw you patting your cheeks from embarrassment. He smiled to himself at your cuteness. 
 
For the rest of the short journey, you both sat in comfortable silence. You glided out of the passenger seat and met Lay near the trunk of the car. 
 
Lay had put his glasses back on since he didn't want anyone to notice him. He spread his arms wide towards the shop, saying happily, "Here we are!"
 
It was a small shop with lots of colour and no one was there so it was good to you an Lay. You entered the compact shop and chose a spot near the back where no one would be near you.
 
"So," you started nervously, thinking that he will think your stupid or something. "How's the rest of EXO?" You asked, whispering the last word. 
 
He chuckled at you awareness and answered, "Well, we are all doing fine I guess. Sehun is a brat. Chen, Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Suho are all practicing harder than anyone else. Kris is-" 
 
You coughed signalling him to stop. A young waitress came over towards your table, swaying her hips left to right. She stood at the edge of the table, asking, "May I take your order?" 
 
"Two cappuccinos and two custard tarts, thanks." Your ordered politely without asking Lay anything. 
 
She jotted down your orders. "Anything else?" 
 
"No, that will be all." 
 
She looked over towards  Lay who was still wearing his cap and glasses. "Sorry, Sir, but can you please take off your glasses and hat? The manager set a rule to all customers that you can't wear hats or glasses." 
 
He swivelled his head towards you, begging for help. "I'm truly sorry but he has really bad eye bags and the doctor says to keep the sunglasses on at all times." You blurted, unaware of what you have just said. 
 
"And the hat?" 
 
"He's losing his hair and needs to keep that on too." You smiled shamefully but the shame didn't show at all. 
 
The lady nodded once and pursed her lips into a straight line. "Well then, sorry about this." She bowed and you bowed back. She strolled back of to the counter as you buried your face into your hands, embarrassed. 
 
Lay laughed at your excuses and threw his head back slightly in laughter. 
 
"Shut up. It's not funny," You mumbled, your face still shoved into your hands. "You owe me now."
 
"Hey, why do I have to owe you? I didn't do anything wrong," Lay immediately stopped laughing at you and stared at you with furrowed eyes.
 
"You were just teasing me just then!" You defended. "Plus, I saved you from giving your identity!"
 
He hummed and then replied, "Yes, that's true... I'll give you your 'prize' when I know what it's going to be. Deal?" He stuck his hand out, waiting for you to shake it.
 
You contemplated the offer for a few moments before deciding what to do. You shook his hand and smiled. "Deal."
 
The coffee and tarts were served to you and Lay and thanked the waitress. You both talked to each other about your lives and what had happened recently for a couple of hours.
 
You both died down on your laughter and you asked, "What do we do now?" 
 
Lay thought for a moment while his chin thoughtfully. "Hmm. How about you come to our dorm?" 
 
"Y-your dorm? With a-all the other m-members?" You stuttered without knowing what to say.
 
Lay rolled his eyes at your nervousness and replied confidently, "Yes my dorm with all the other eleven members." 
 
You thought for a split second before answering, "I don't know, Lay. Maybe som-" 
 
Without letting you finish, Lay took his phone out of his pocket and speed dialled someone. "Suho? Yeah, it's Lay. Y/n is coming to our dorm in about 15 minutes." There was a moment of silence when Lay continued. "Yes okay. See you in a bit." He said, ending the call. "Okay, let's go." He said, lacing his hand around your wrist.
 
"H-hey, you didn't even let me finish what I was going to say," you whined as you were being dragged out of the shop. You bowed to a old lady who was behind the counter. "Thank you!" You called to her as you exited.
 
She bowed back and chuckled seeing you being dragged out by Lay. "Young couples these days," she smiled and shook her head and served another customer.
 
"The dorm may be a little messy considering our members. Some may be clingy and may hit on you so be aware."
 
"Hit on me? Why would they do that?" 
 
Lay shrugged. "I remember last time Luhan brought a child friend who was a girl back to the dorm and Sehun starting hitting on her as a joke. Luhan got furious and sent Sehun to do grocery shopping. Quite funny actually considering how red Luhan was."
 
You nodded at his mini speech, taking on every word. You tried to hold in your curiousness but it got the better of you. "Would you be furious if someone started hitting on me?"
 
Lay sat in silence for a few seconds before speaking. "Well, I do admit that I would be a bit angry with them if they do because you've been my childhood friend since we were babies so I guess so." He conceded and kept driving.
 
You nodded once a pressed your lips into a thin line. "I see." For the rest of the ride, a blanket of silence covered both you and Lay until you reached their dorm. 
 
It was a large house (or what you thought was a mansion) with modern colours. The exterior wasn't too flash or wasn't too boring. Simple.
 
Getting out of the car, you shuffled over to where Lay was. He jogged up the steps with you following close behind and rapped on the door. "Will it be alright?" You leant in and whispered to Lay
 
"Yes, y/n, it will-"  "Who is it?" A deep voice boomed from inside the house, interrupting Lay. You thought it was Kris or Chanyeol considering that they both had deep voices. 
 
"It's Lay!" He called back to him.
 
"Are you sure your not one of those fans?" The man called back again.
 
Lay rolled his eyes in frustration and shouted, "Chanyeol, just open the bloody door already! Y/n is here!"
 
Suddenly, the door flung wide open revealing Chanyeol. "Oh, sorry Lay!  Hi, y/n!" Chanyeol gleamed towards you and bowed "Chanyeol is the name!" 
 
You bowed back and introduced yourself. "Hi, my name is y/n,"
 
"Oh, what a lovely name! " He said cheerfully. Lay raised his eyebrow at him and Chanyeol's eyes widened. "Oh yes! Please do come in!" He clasped his hands together after opening the door wider. He seemed very... childish?
 
You both stepped in the dorm and took off your shoes.  You looked around the dorm at saw it was a bit messy but wasn't a disaster. Some of the boys were playing video games on the play station, one, who was obviously Suho, was reading books and probably more in their rooms doing their own thing. 
 
Yes, you knew all their names since they were all around the world and you also watched their music videos and listened to their songs (mainly because of Lay) but you didn't exactly know their personalities, except for Lay's of course. 
 
"They are here!" Yelled Chanyeol, his voice flooding throughout the dorm. Everyone on the couch immediately stood up and rushed towards the door and everyone from their bedrooms also came out like the wind. 
 
You bowed politely towards everyone and introduced your self to them. "Hello, my name is y/n. You don't need to introduce your selves because I already know all your names." You beamed brightly, showing your dimples. 
 
"Did you become friends because of your dimples?" Blurted Chen randomly. In return, he got smacked in the head by Kris and given a glare by Lay himself. He smiled sheepishly towards you. "Sorry."
 
You waved your hands in denial. "No, no it's okay. I understand," you laughed lightly towards his shyness
 
"Do you want to take a seat?" Asked Lay and guided the way to the lounge room. You took a seat near the middle of couch with all the other twelve following close behind. Lay was the first to sit next you on your left and Baekhyun on your right.
 
"How old are, y/n?" Kris asked first breaking the silence that hovered over all thirteen of you for a few seconds. 
 
"I'm 22, same as Lay but I'm but I'm born on March the 18th," you answered with a kind smile and a nod. 
 
"So what do you do as a living?" Suho then spoke. 
 
"Oh, I don't work yet. I'm still in university and I'm working on achieving to be a nurse at the nearby hospital, but my part time job is child care for three days a week."
 
The was then filled with 'ah's and 'oh's as you explained more about your life and you were starting to be more comfortable with them all. 
 
Laughter surrounded the dorm as you told stupid jokes or funny stories that anyone had to share. Somehow, you started playing video games with almost everyone except for Kyungsoo, Suho and Baekhyun who helped with the cooking. 
 
They had decided that they would have three teams consisting three players in each. Lay, Chen and your self in one, Kai, Kris and Luhan in the second and the last team was Chanyeol, Xiumin, Tao.
 
"Come on, come on!" You all yelled at the screen as you were pressing random buttons on your play station controllers. Chanyeol and Kai, the two you were playing against, were also yelling at the screen. Both Lay and Chen were both cheering you on as you and Kai were neck and neck.
 
"Hurry up, Kai! Your losing by a millimetre!" Shouted Luhan. This made you smirk and you pressed a key on the remote, the finish line up ahead. Your nitro roared in your car in the game and crossed the finish line, with Kai coming second. It took a few seconds for Chanyeol to cross the line, his car all beaten and wrecked.
 
You team celebrated the win and high-fived both Chen and Lay. You turned towards Kai and Chanyeol who were getting glares by their other members for getting beaten by a girl.
 
You smiled towards them and out stretched your hand. "Good game," you said cheerfully as both of looked up at you. 
 
Chanyeol was the first to shake your hand with a small smile. "Good game," he said in the same cheerful tone as you.
 
You then turned to Kai who immediately shook your hand and smirked. "Not bad for a rookie like you," 
 
You frowned at the statement. "Who said I was a rookie?" You questioned, handing the control over towards Lay without looking.
 
Kai's eyes widened as he spoke. "Your not a rookie? When do you play? I thought you were still in university."
 
You laughed a shook your head. "I'm an A student, Kai. I get all my work done and always have time to play!"
 
The next competitors, Lay, Kris and Tao, chose their cars and started the race at once. Both you and Chen cheered Lay on as he wasn't far behind Tao. You grasped Lay's arm and encouraged him on.
 
Lay was shocked at your sudden action that sent tingles down his spine. He focused back onto the game and used your action as encouragement.  
 
"Go Lay! Your just behind!" Chen cheers on Lay like a coach watching his players on the field, one goal behind.
 
Lay his dry lips in concentration and you saw that out of the corner of your eye and nearly flushed completely red.
 
Lay crosses the finish line just behind Tao and Kris slowly follows behind. "Nice job, Lay," you smile as you congratulate him on coming second. Lay smiles back and gives his thanks.  
 
"Dinner's ready~" you hear half shout and half coo from the kitchen. Every one stands up and rushes over to the dinning table. In the centre, a big bowl is placed and is full of spaghetti bolognese. 
 
You smell the aroma of the food and your lips hungrily. You all take a seat in your rightful places and start digging into the food. "This is amazing!" You hum as you take another mouthful. 
 
Kyungsoo smiles at you eating a lot and thanks you for your compliment and Baekhyun and Suho also thank after they swallow what they ha in their mouths. 
 
Once you all finish, Xiumin stands up in excitement and announces, "More games any one?" Immediately, everyone agrees and you check your watch and your eyes grow like saucers. 
 
You abruptly stand up. "It's getting late. I think I should head home now," you call to everyone.
 
"Now? But we have to finish the game," Luhan whines at your sudden departure. 
 
You smile at Luhan and apologise. "Maybe next time, Lu. I need to do my part time job early tomorrow." You now respectively towards them. "Thank you for having me. It's been a pleasure."
 
 You walk towards the door after they all say their goodbyes. You reach the door but out of no where, Lay opens the door and steps outside. "I'm taking you home," You open your mouth to reject but he keeps going. "It's dark and dangerous. I'm taking you." 
 
You roll your eyes but agree to his 'offer.' You slide into the passenger seat and Lay hops in next to you. The engine roars to life and he starts the travel home. 
 
It was all too silent for either of you but both of you both at there, not daring to say anything. It felt like a rather long ride home, even though it was only five minutes, but you arrived home.
 
You clutch your bag and exit the car with Lay walking to your door for you. You struggle with unlocking the door but manage to open it eventually. 
 
You step inside and spin and face Lay. No one talked, not a sound emitted from either of you. If a pin was dropped, it could easily be heard. 
 
You look down at your shoes and speak quietly, "So, I'll see you around soon?" Lay nods but still doesn't say anything. "Okay, well hopefully I will see you soon then." 
 
You try closing the the door but stops you from doing so. The door flings open from Lay's force and a breeze hits you as you gasp.
 
 Lay steps inside your half clean house and comes right in front of  you, his tall figure towering over yours. "You know how I still have to owe you something?" He finally speak. 
 
You gulp and nod your head. 
 
"Well I've thought of something." He speaks loudly and clearly. 
 
You nod again, slowly this time and stutter, "w-what is i-it?" 
 
He moves an inch closer and leans down, capturing your lips. Your eyes widen for a few moments before you give in and wrap your arms around his neck and he slides his arms around your waist. 
 
He deepens the kiss before stopping suddenly. Leaning his forehead on yours, he whispers so only you could hear. "Please wait. Wait until we disband. Wait till we can be together. Please wait for me,"
 
You nod once and engulf him into a hug. "I will wait. I will wait for you, Lay. I'll do anything for you." He puts his head on the crook of your neck. "I love you, Lay."
 
"I love you too, y/n,"
 
~~
Hi...
Umm sorry for the short and crappy ending. I was really tired since I was writing the final bits at 2:30am 0_0 But I hope you guys enjoyed it :)