Where Are You? - Kyungsoo

|| EXO scenarios ||
Where Are You? - Kyungsoo

(AN: This story is for Kyungsoo's birthday! Hope you all enjoy!)

 

You sat in your lounge room, staring at the blank T.V screen. Another lonely night for you. It was around 11:00pm and you were supposed to be going to sleep. But you couldn't.

 

He told you he would be back in a couple of months. It's been almost 2 years since he left and it's been well over a few months. Sometimes you would cry yourself to sleep thinking about him. His last words he said to you were "I love you, y/n" with a peck on the lips.

 

But did he actually love you? You knew you loved him but did he love you back? Or was it a one-sided love? You slightly turned your head towards the photo of you and Kyungsoo taking a selca and smiling together. Tears started forming in your eyes as you stared at the treasured memory.

 

You couldn't take it any longer that 5 seconds. You released all your tears as you stood up and trudged upstairs to your bedroom. When was he coming back? Is he ever coming back? He wouldn't leave you for someone else, right? 

----------

You woke up the next morning to the sound of the alarm clock. You groggily and slowly sat up with red puffy eyes again. You sighed and slammed your alarm a few times till it shut up. You got out of bed with ease and did everything you needed to do in the morning. Today was your birthday and it looked like you would be spending it alone for the second time in a row. 

 

You exhaled softly and grabbed the house keys. You unlocked the door and stepped into the snowy atmosphere. You tugged the warm coat that Kyungsoo bought you for your birthday 3 years ago, tighter around your petite body.

 

Sticking your arm out, snowflakes landed gently on top of the palm of your hand. You let out a small smile and breathed out the frosty air. You walked along the footpath and glanced at some couple and that only made you think about Kyungsoo.

 

A frown appeared on your face for couple of minutes only until you arrived at your favourite café and your frown was replaced with a large smile. You closed your eyes and breathed in the mouth-watering scent of vanilla beans. You stalked up to the counter, ordering your favourite coffee and waiting patiently.

 

Coffee was served and you bowed politely and thanked her. You strolled down the footpath, taking quick glances who were holding hands or linking arms. 

 

You clenched and unclenched your hands. You missed his voice, his warmth and his presence. You looked down at your hand to where Kyungsoo's was supposed to be. "Where are you?" You whispered quietly to yourself as you reached your destination after a 10 minute walk. The Plum Tree was your sacred place where you and Kyungsoo always use to go and have some peace and quiet.

 

You placed yourself under the tree where the snow couldn't get to you. You sat in silence for quite sometime only until you started to hum and song you and Kyungsoo use to sing all the time. The hum slowly started to progress into lyrics. A slow melody slipped from your lips and your unique voice sung the lyrics.

 

The song came to an end and you closed your eyes, remembering the first time Kyungsoo showed you this secret place. a small smile played on your lips at the fond memory.

 

When you opened them, a red box appeared in front of you with a white ribbon wrapped around it. 

 

Surprised, you swivelled your head towards the hands owner to be greeted by the one person you had been longing for. "Kyungsoo." You whispered. He only smiled and handed you the little box.

 

"Surprise." His smile grew only grew that little bit wider, showing his heart-shaped lips. You opened the box to be speechless at what was inside.

 

"A ring." You murmured, examining it carefully. It was a simple silver ring with no diamond of jewels.

 

"Look on the inside." He told you eagerly. You obliged and checked what it read. 'My one and only love, y/n'.

 

You couldn't contain yourself as you flung yourself onto him. "Thank you," you cried and continued. "thank you for coming back." He held you in his embrace, letting you cry on his shoulder.

 

"I love you, y/n." you cried more upon hearing those 4 words. You repeated what he said and held him just a little more tighter. "Happy Birthday."

 

 

{Thank you for reading! Happy Birthday, Squishy Kyungsoo! So how was it? It wasn't the best I don't think but I still hoped you liked it}