Double Date; Part One

Two Years

 ▒ double date; part one 

nine months ▇

feburary 24, 2015

◀◀◀

“Pink or purple?”

“Definitely purple,”

Bomi looked at the two dresses she was holding, one in each hand. In her left hand she held a pink khaki dress made out of chiffon. It was sleeveless and ruffled, and Bomi loved the way the chiffon felt on her skin when she tried it on. It screamed innocent and simple. In her right hand she held a purple dress. It was more fitted, hugging tightly to her curves when she tried it on, and was a little short for her tastes, only going down to mid-thigh on her.

“I’m going on a date Nauen, I don’t want to jump him.”

“Well you should want to jump him. You guys have been dating for nine months already, but haven’t even made it past kissing.”

Ya!!,” Bomi whispered, looking around the fitting room to make sure no one had overheard their conversation.

“I don’t see what’s so scandalous about what we are talking about. Jongin and I had already done it after six months.”

Naeun and Jongin had been dating for over a year. They had met at a party, and had instantly clicked albeit their completely different personalities. The Naeun that Bomi knew one year ago was shy, quiet, and completely righteous. The Naeun of a year ago couldn’t even talk about anyone of the opposite without blushing. Jongin had changed her, had opened up all of the parts of Naeun that she had hidden away, and brought forth a new Naeun that was sunny, talkative and warm. It fit Naeun, and Bomi was grateful to Jongin for bringing out that side of Naeun that no one else could.

“I just can’t,” Bomi finally said after several seconds of silence, giving Naeun a pleading look. “Can’t we talk about something else?”

“I guess,” Naeun said, finally selecting out a pale blue shimmery dress from the pile of clothes laid in front of both of the girls. “Let’s talk about why not going to a club after our double dinner date is a bad idea,”

Bomi groaned.

▶▶▶

“So, when are you guys going to finally do it?

Jongdae spat out his drink.

He and Minseok were sitting at the bar of one of the busiest restaurants in Seoul, drinking beers after work.  It was something he and Minseok did every week, one of the many traditions that Jongdae had with his best friend.

“You…I…what?” Jongdae finally managed to sputter out.

“You know what I’m talking about,”

Jongdae did, but he didn’t really feel like talking about it with Minseok. It was something he and Bomi had discussed months ago, after they both agreed that moving in at six months together was a little bit too fast and that maybe they should slow down with everything and find out if they really wanted to do complicated and irreversible stuff like….  

“We decided to wait,” Jongdae finally said.

“Wait until what?”

“Until we are ready,”

“Which is when?”

Jongdae let out a sigh. He didn’t know the answer to that question.

“I mean,” Minseok said, taking a sip of his beer, “What I’m trying to say is…” he stopped, and Jongdae noticed that his best friend was flat out drunk and a drunk Minseok always led to serious conversations and Jongdae dragging Minseok to the bathroom to throw up.

"Do you believe that a person has another half? Someone...someone who knows their partner so completely that their partners name feels like a permanent home in their heart?" Minseok stuttered out, immediately putting his beer to his mouth and gulping down the rest of it.

Jongdae looked at him skeptically. “Did you and Minah have a fight?”

“No, no, no. I’m just saying that if you feel like Bomi is the one, then you guys are ready,” Minseok said quietly.

“Bomi is the one, I think” Jongdae said, looking down at the counter. Bomi made him laugh, made him smile, and made his heart stutter when she kissed him and when she held his hand. She was beautiful, and bright, and happy. She could also be totally obnoxious, and a brat sometimes, but Jongdae realized that he loved those qualities about her just as much as he loved all of her positive qualities.

He loved her.

“I think I might be ready, if she is,” Jongdae said, looking into the eyes of his best friend. He was slightly drunk but his words were sincere, “You are a freaking awesome best friend dude.”

Minseok laughed, and then groaned.

“I don’t feel well.”

“Let’s go to the bathroom, and then you can tell me all about the fight that you and Minah had,” Jongdae said, guiding his friend to the restrooms.

“We did not fight,”

“Did too,”

“Did not,”

“I feel like I’m going to be sick”

“Not on my new shoes!”

 

xxx

So, these chapters are popping out faster than I thought they would. Part Two should be up sometime tomorrow!

This chapter is also longer than the last two, which was not intentional haha. 

 

Comments are love, critiques are as well!