Change

Two Years

change  ▒

 ▇ eight months ▇

january 7, 2015

◀◀◀

 

Snow was coming down in sheets, and Jongdae was late.

Bomi sat on their bed, clutching her cellphone while nibbling on her lip nervously, a trait that Jongdae said he hated more than people touching his ears.

He had called her earlier, to tell her that he was going to be late because he got off work later than expected and the roads were snowy and hard to travel on.

She had told him that if the roads were dangerous, he shouldn’t be driving, because she didn’t want a boyfriend who was in a coma, but he said that he would be fine and would see her soon.

That was an hour ago.

“Where could he be?” she muttered to herself, setting her phone down on their bed and wringing her hands together.  Chen was a good driver, but she didn’t trust the other drivers on the road nor did she trust the snow that continued to pour down from the sky in flurries.

Bomi picked up her phone and dialed his familiar number. Ring, ring, ring, ring.

No answer. 

She wanted to cry, and had to hold back tears as his phone went to voicemail. She usually wasn’t this emotional, not usually this dramatic, but she was actually genuinely worried for him. She tried to leave him a voicemail, but she could only stutter out her words because she was crying for real then, big fat tears that smeared her mascara and slid down her cheeks.

She hung up the phone after she was done, flinging it across the room as if it had been cursed, and got underneath the covers of their bed, deciding that she was going to take a little nap and when she woke up Jongdae was going to be there and he was going to be fine and they were going to be fine.

She closed her eyes.

◀◀◀

Jongdae punched in the digits to their apartment complex, shaking off snow from his coat as he entered their apartment. He was two hours late and Bomi was going to kill him.

Jongdae entered their living room, looking for his girlfriend, who he expected to be on the couch, glaring at him with probably a knife or some other sharp weapon in her hands.  She was nowhere to be found.

She wasn’t in the adjourning kitchen either, neither was she in the office that both of them shared. There was one last place to look.

Jongdae opened up the door to their room, surprised that the light was off since it was only eight o’clock and Bomi wasn’t the type of girl who went to bed early. She was in bed though; he could tell from the messy bed and light snoring that was being emitted from a lump in the middle of the bed.

Jongdae made his way over to the bed, located her shoulder, and slightly pushed on it.

“Bomi wake up,”

Snore

Jongdae huffed, slightly annoyed that she fell asleep when they were supposed to go on a date, their fiftieth date (he kept track).  

He nudged her shoulder again, a bit harder.

“Wake up!”

Snore

Jongdae almost growled. With one singular movement he grabbed his girlfriend by her shoulders and shook her like she was a limp rag doll. Her eyes opened.

“Wha—Wha---WHAT”

“Why are you sleeping?”

Bomi glared at him through sleepy eyes. “Why were you so late for our date?”

“I told you, I was going to be late.”

“Are you sure that’s why you are so late?”

“What are you trying to imply?

“What I am trying to say is,” Bomi said, getting up from the bed and kneeling so they were eye to eye, “Where were you,” she looked at the clock on the table beside their bed, “that made you two hours late for our date? Our apartment is ten minutes away from Exo Corporation Jongdae!”

Jongdae stared at her.  “The traffic was bad.”

Bull,”

“It’s not polite to curse!”

“Don’t lie to me!”

“I’m not lying!”

“Yes you are!”

“Fine!” Jongdae yelled, grabbing the ring box out of his pocket and throwing it on the bed, “Happy now?”

Bomi picked up the ring box, her eyes widening as the realization of what it meant dawned to her. She immediately felt guilty, so guilty that her chest hurt and she looked at him with tears in her eyes.

“I’m so sorry,” she said pushing her body towards him. She hugged his waist, looking up at him. “I am so so sorry. I am such an idiot. I know that you wouldn’t do anything to hurt me like that, I was just so scared with not knowing that I snapped at you without thinking about how what I said could possibly hurt you.”

Jongdae gave her a smile that almost reached his eyes. “I know,” But he didn’t really, and Bomi could tell.

“I am such an idiot,” she repeated, trying to think of words to say that would make it all better, make them all better. “I was so scared when you were late…I was scared of losing you and I didn’t channel that fear in the right way. Can you forgive me?”

Jongdae patted her head, leaning over to press a kiss to her forehead. “Of course I can silly. You just got to promise to trust me next time, because I would never do anything to hurt you.”

Bomi gave him a smile, untangling her arms from him and hopping off the bed. “I promise. I love you Jongdae.”

“I love you too,” Jongdae said, leaning down to kiss her sweetly. Bomi kissed him back softly; happy that he forgave her but knowing that what had just happened had changed them in some way. She couldn’t point her finger on how, but she knew that what she had just done had changed her in his eyes. And that scared her to death.

 

xxx

I am really unsure about this chapter, I hope it doens't . Double Date Part 2 should be done sometime this weekend. I'm starting college tomorrow and I won't be able to update this fanfic as reguarly as I have been doing.

 

Comments are love, critisicms are too!