Prologue

Smile

"Without Jongdae , EXO wont (be) complete & wont (be able to) debut, even though he became trainee in 4 months"

- Kai

"Once again Chen pronounce it properly!" the said boy's instructor snapped obviously irritated. They have been practicing the poor boy's vocals and pronunciations for hours already without breaks and still can't get it right.

Feeling restless his trainer decided to dismiss their session.

"Just practice it in your dorms tonight, we still have a session tomorrow so don't forget to come early and make sure by then you can sing your parts well. Now you can go back to your dorms and please call Luhan in so I can give him his parts in the song" the instructor said with disappointment in his tone. The boy named Chen just sighed and shook his head in dejection. Disappointment, that's all he's ever caused to the people around him, when will he ever make anyone proud of him or even just to notice him?

"Neh" was all he can say to his instructor before he went out of the practice room to call for Luhan, as his instructor commanded. He saw him sitting cross legged beside the door frame clearly bored. "Luhan ge seongsangnim called you in" he muttered almost inaudible but enough for him to hear with his head still hung low.

"You did a great job" the boy, Luhan said to him with a comforting smile, but with his situation nothing seems comforting at all. Everything reminds him of how he's always been a disappointment. He still need to prove who he is.

"I didn't I still need to do better, I have to, but no matter what I do I'm not as good as you" he said in a whisper like voice.

"I know it's hard for you to cope up with our mandarin but you just have to practice okay? It will come to you eventually. Just believe you can. You didn't debut in Exo for nothing, they know you have potential, they know you are different from all the other trainees, you can't just give up now. Chen Exo needs you not just because you are good with your high notes but because we need you as our brother without you Exo won't be one, even though there is twelve of us" he snorted at his own joke. "Just remember don't give up on us, cause we ain't gonna give you up." he said sincerely.

"Xie Xie Luhan ge, I'll keep that in mind" Chen answered.

"You should be thankful, why won't you be? I'm awesome, and not to mention manly" he retorted Chen just rolled his eyes.

"Bye I gotta go seongsangnim might scold me for being late just say hello to the guys back at the dorms for me" he said as he twist the open but before he went in he added "Chen Chen I know you can do it, Hwaiting!, arrasseo?" and with that he went inside.

"Neh hyung gomawoyo" Chen muttered knowing he won't hear him from the other side of the door and a smile slowly tugging in the corners of his lips feeling a bit glad they had that conversation, and with that warm feeling of being cared for, he left SM building.



A/N: Short update but just trying to warm you guys up. A bit of chenhan.