[OC x EXO] The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop

//dysania's fic recs

Title/ The Girl from the Bubble Tea Shop

Author/  jarredfirefly and vivalavina

Length/ chaptered; incomplete

Summary/ 'Working in a bubble tea shop seems like a very tedious job, but how can you complain when your workplace is the favourite hangout of the potential members of SM Entertainment's next boy group, EXO?'

 

Five words: this story is the bomb.

At first glance this story felt like the typical oc x idol kind, where idols (or in this case, idol trainees) meet oc and they fall in love, full stop. This story has busted all these myths. 

The chapter titles are creative spin-offs of song lyrics changed to fit the bubble tea context, which is really cute. Chapter titles aside, this story is so fun to read, partly because it's a light-hearted one that isn't hard to understand, but there's a lot of suspense involved because it takes you so long to figure out who the main oc has a crush on, and who likes her etc., but it's the kind of hook that keeps people reading, and that is something the authors have done really well. 

The authors have even included some context in the chapters for readers who may not be sure what some 'inside' stuff are talking about, which is really helpful. They have also clearly done their homework because there's a lot of information inside that is clearly linked to real life, and that effort is really admirable (I, for one, am clearly a lazy author). The jokes are really funny too, and for someone who likes reading angst (coughs), this story is really one of a kind in my subscription list and it tells you about as much.

Only flipside is that the story isn't updated often, but fret not! You can take a bit of time reading just one chapter (and I really do appreciate the long chapters!) so it might take you quite a while to even get through half the story, even if you're a fast reader.

This is of yet the longest fic recommendation that I have done, and enough of me talking, go read the story. Now!!