[SEKAI] just get me on a highway (to hell).

//dysania's fic recs

 

Title/ just get me on a highway (to hell).

Author/ bluedveins

Length/ oneshot

Summary/ - dysania does not want to spoil anything for you -

 

I'm an avid reader of sekai fics, partly because the ones that can really hook me are those that detail the emotional intensity in their relationship. I'm not the biggest fan of fluff and I don't really think fluff would work very well in sekai's relationship. Or maybe I'm just a sad loser who likes reading angst. I've yet to figure that out.

I read this some time last year, and by the end of it I was an emotional wreck and in tears. It's amazing, because the sentences and paragraphs are of a length that's digestable, and they gnaw at you enough to give you time and space to realize what's going on and cue the tugging at your heartstrings.  

Although I've read a lot of stories where the characters are separated by circumstances, I think it boils down to how the author can make you sympathize, even empathize with the characters' plight (really now, do you think Romeo & Juliet is the most romantic story out there?) even if you have not been through the same things. This story does everything right and I'd even say brings justice to sekai (at least in the story).

You'll probably be left feeling emotionally raw, but in a good way.