Chapter 10

Untouchable Dream

March 10, 1850 

[you's POV]

I keep arguing myself if I would say thank you to Kai or not?

When the vintage clock on the nightstand started creeping close to 3 a.m I forced myself to go lie down in my bed and think sleepy thoughts but that didn’t work either, and I ended up staring at the ceiling. I didn’t know how many hours had left to get some sleep.

Yes or No?

No, my brain thinks.

Yes, My heart shouts.

…Ok follow my heart.

Satisfied with my decision, I closed my eyes and thought back to the woods for the hundredth time. Reliving every word he’d said every

gestures he’d made.

 

“I’ll protect you.”

 

I wonder why he said those words. I couldn’t stop a huge smile from spreading my face as I heard those words in my head.

What is this? Why am I feeling this?

Is this love? No,this is not love. 99% percent of my brain telling me this is not love.

I, you ,will never fall in love.

 

When I woke up I look at the longcase clock. its 9:00 in the morning. Is Kai already awake?

A nervous feeling hit my stomach.

Should I continue this? Yes.

change into simple dress and braided my hair. Then, Lia came in to serve my breakfast.

“You look so happy” she said.

“Hmm?”

“ you , I have a favor to ask, can you give this to Kai?” Lia handed me a thin notebook.

“I think he left it last night after playing the piano. I saw it while I’m cleaning the room. I have no time to give this to him.” She said.

“What’s this?”

“I don’t know, maybe a diary? Hey, I have to go now. I have so many things to do.” She said.

After Lia had left. Without thinking I opened it up and the first page was full of music notes. So this is a music notebook.

I was stunned and amazed with his compositions. It looks like the whole notebook was filled with compositions.

Then I was startled when I flip the second to the last page.

“I think he’s not finished with this.”

And as I flip the last page. I saw a drawing at the back of it. It was a drawing of a girl.

“So pretty.”

The paper crinkled slightly when I touched it, and I sat back in silence.

“She doesn’t look like Sulli nor the other candidates. I wonder who she is.”

I think the last song that was unfinished was for her.

 

As I finished eating my breakfast I immediately get the notebook but I have no idea where Kai’s room is.

Luckily, I saw a maid and ask her where was Kai’s room and she told me that it was beside my room.

“Really, He’s room was just beside mine.”

My heart began to beat faster as I came nearer to his room. Now, I was standing in front of his room. I knocked and waited for someone

to answer but no one replied. I knocked again but its just the same, no one answered. I decided to opened the door.

The door wasn’t locked so I opened it and look inside.

No one was there.

“Maybe I should put this on the table where he can see.” I

went to the table and saw a frame. It was a family picture of them.

“So cute..” “

What are you doing!? Why are you here?” I turned around and saw Kai.

“You scared me to death. I just want to return this notebook and to say tha---” I said.

“Did you opened it?”

He said. “I-I didn’t mea--”

“And don’t misunderstand what happened on the festival. I didn’t save you because I have a feelings for you.”

As I heard those words, it’s like arrows were piercing on my heart. I’m just holding back my tears.

I don’t want him to see me crying in front of him.

“You are such a rude guy!! You don’t have a hea--!!” I shouted.

I stopped when I realized something was wrong. Kai kneeled down.

“H-hey, are you okay?” I asked.

“Get out!”

“Are you okay? You look so pale.”

“Just get out of here!.” He said then he collapsed.

Omaygad! What am I going to do. I tried to carry him to his bed. He’s so heavy than I thought.

“Just wait here, I’ll call the maids.”

Then my eyes widened when he grabbed my hands. My heart began to beat faster again.

 

“No, J-just stay here.” He said.