Chapter 2

A Summer To Remember

 

After hanging out with Tiffany for a while I left her at the pool to go to one of the salons on the ship where mom and I was getting facials, manicures, pedicures, make-up and our hair done. On my way there I started thinking about my ‘list’ of things I wanted to do on the cruise; one item in particular was on my mind. This cruise was the chance of a lifetime to do things I only dreamed of doing. I just graduated high school and was now closing the final chapter of my childhood and opening the door to womanhood. Losing my ity was my right of passage into that next chapter. I also really didn’t want to be a anymore. It wasn’t peer pressure. I just think that I’ve waited long enough and I’m ready to go though with it. I wasn’t asking for much either. All I need was a summer fling. I didn’t need a soul mate. I was fine with just a fling for my first time. In-Sung uncle and mom were waiting outside of the salon when I got there.

 

“Hey Yuri. How’s your suite?” asked In-Sung uncle.

 

“It’s wonderful!! Just perfect. Thanks.” answered Yuri.

 

“You’re very welcome dear,” replied In-Sung uncle.

 

He smiled at my mom and kissed her. They were quite cute together. They weren’t like most couples that slobbered all over each other in public. Gross!!

 

“Well I have to get some last minute things so you girls have fun,” said In-Sung uncle. He gave my mom another kiss and left.

 

“Are you sure you’re all right in that room all by yourself?” asked my mom.

 

“I’m fine mom,” answered Yuri.

 

“You know you can always stay in the extra bedroom in our cabin,” said her mom.

 

“Eww mom! No I’m perfectly fine. I promise!” said Yuri.

 

I had plans during this cruise and they did not involve staying with the newlyweds!

 

“Well ok sweetie, if you’re sure,” said her mom.

 

“Positive mom! Now let’s go get beautifies!” jokes Yuri.

 

********************************************

 

After my hair was finished I promised mom I would be on the top deck by 7:30. I then headed back to my room where I found Tiffany sprawled out on the couch watching MTV.

 

“How was your day by the pool?” asked Yuri.

 

“It was so much fun! Some cute guys even came up to talk to me,” replied Tiffany.

 

She looked to me up and down.

 

“Wow! I love your hair, it’s gorgeous!” complementing Yuri.

 

“Thanks so much and I’m glad you had such a good time! It makes up for me for me ditching you,” thankful to Tiffany.

 

“Don’t worry about it. You look fabulous,” still complementing Yuri.

 

“I think we should probably start to get ready because it’s already 6:30 and I promise my mom we’d be there by 7:30,” said Yuri.

 

My mom chose a deep red, knee length, strapless bridesmaid dress. I wore red heels and a simple set of diamond studs with a matching singles stud necklace. My hair was half up and half down in light curls that cascaded down my shoulders. I twirled around to show Tiffany.

 

“What do you think?” asked Yuri.

 

Tiffany started to catcall and whistle.

 

“Who mama! You look so hot!” jokingly said to Yuri.

 

“Ha ha. Thanks, you don’t look to bad yourself missy,” Yuri also said joking.

 

“Well thank you so much girly girl,” said Tiffany.

 

“You’re welcome. Now let’s go before we’re late,” said to Tiffany.

 

We stepped off the elevator and onto the top deck, we were stunned. The top deck was so beautiful. The sun was starting to set and the stars were peeking through the clouds giving it an elegant and romantic feeling. On the opposite side of the deck was a large white archway with tiny lights and flowers intertwined through it. A young woman sat at a piano a few feet from the archway getting ready to play ‘Here Come the Bride’ and probably songs for the reception. There were 4 huge tables set up on the other side of the deck with all the food, drinks, and the wedding cake as we were taking in the general splendour of it all. Uncle In Sung walked over to us.

 

“Hey girls, you both look very beautiful,” complement the two girls.

 

“Thank you,” both said.

 

“So, how are you doing? Are you ready?” asked Yuri.

 

“Of course! I can’t wait to marry your mother,” answered In Sung.

 

“Speaking of mother, do you know where she is?” asked Yuri.

 

“They’ve got her hiding somewhere, but before you go too far I’d like for you to meet someone. I figured you wouldn’t want to walk down the aisle with a 50 year old man so I asked my godson to be my best man,” said In Sung.

 

“Oh, you really didn’t have to do that. It’s your wedding, you should have whoever you want as your best man,” said Yuri.

 

“No, please it’s fine. Besides it gives you someone to hang out with since none of your friends could come. Hold on I’ll get him,” replied In Sung.

 

He walked over to a group of his friends and pulled one from the crowd.

 

“OMG, if that’s Uncle In Sung’s godson I’m really stowing in your cabin,” said Tiffany.

 

“Shh… they’re coming,” said Yuri.

 

The truth was this guy was really hot. He had black hair and fierce blue eyes. I honestly wanted to rip off his tux just to see if he looked like I imagined he did under all that fabric. My heart started to pound rapidly. My mouth went dry. My mind went completely blank.

 

“Yuri, Tiffany, this is my godson Im Yoona. Yuri is my soon to be step-daughter and Tiffany is her best friend,” Uncle In Sung introduced.

 

“Hello,” said Yoona.

 

“Hi,” replied Yuri.

 

“Why hello there very nice to meet you,” Tiffany responded.

 

Tiffany whispers to Yuri, “very, very nice to meet you.”

 

“Shh,” whispered back.

 

“Glad to meet both of you as well,” responded back.

 

“His father and I are business partners and best friends but unfortunately he couldn’t be here on account of business,” Uncle In Sung explained.

 

“That’s too bad,” replied Yuri.

 

“And I arranged you room’s right next door to each other so Yoona can keep an eye on you. I wouldn’t want anything happens to my new step-daughter,” said Uncle In Sung.

 

I smiled even though I was about to die of embarrassment. This was just great, the hottie was there to the chaperone me.

 

“You really don’t have to do that, I wouldn’t want him to…” Yuri said but cut off by Yoona.

 

“It’s really no trouble. I don’t mind,” interrupted Yuri.

 

Well I minded. My list did not include a baby sitter.