Chapter 1

A Summer To Remember

 

“Oh My God! Everything is so amazing here!” said Tiffany.

 

I couldn’t believe it either. We were on board ‘The Enchantment, which suited the ship very accurately. It was enchanted and the size of a football field. It would probably take me the whole cruise just to get to the other side of the ship.

 

“Let’s go check out the cabin!” said Yuri.

 

Tiffany was my best friend. We lived next door to each other in Boston. We do everything together. We are even going to the same college in the fall, but even though we act like sisters we look nothing alike. She has blonde unruly locks and deep green eyes while I have shoulder length black hair and big brown eyes. She loves to take her time and smell roses. I on the other hand like to get there as fast as I can, which is why I’m having such a hard time dragging her to my cabin.

 

“Yul slow down. You have all the day to check out your cabin!” exclaimed Tiffany.

 

I knew that but I was too anxious to check it out and get settled in, but still I slowed down and started to enjoy the scenery with my best friend. We turned the corner and it looked like we landed on Rodeo Drive. There were at least a dozen shops with expensive clothes, jewels and shoes. There was a few restaurants here and there some fancy and some more like diners. The deck was lined with statues and festive lights; it felt like a huge city on water.

 

“Yul, I can’t believe I have to go to work when we get back in Boston, while you get to cruise the Caribbean!” complained Tiffany.

 

“ I really wish you could come. We’re done everything together and now we don’t get to do this together!” said Yuri.

 

“Since I don’t get to go on this little adventure with you I expect a full report on all the yummy guys you meet and maybe more.” Said Tiffany.

 

She winked and I laughed.

 

“This place is so romantic. I can’t believe In-Sung uncle is going to marry your mom on a cruise ship!” said jealous Tiffany.

 

“I know isn’t it great? He went all out,” said Yuri

 

Jo In-Sung was very quiet and reserved and nice to everyone. When he speaks people listened, but that’s probably because he’s number one on the top one hundred list of wealthiest people in the world, which is the reason for the cruise. A special honeymoon for him and my mom and anyone else that wanted to come, so of course I did. It had been just mom and me for a long as I can remember but now it’s going to be mom, my In-Sung uncle and me.

 

Still he is really nice and it will be good for my mom. I’m going to Soshi University (made up) in the fall and I had been worried about mom being by herself all the time so I’m defiantly in favour of her marrying In-Sung uncle. I was going to be a bridesmaid, the maid of honour in fact and it was first to do be everything for the bride or any bride. This is defiantly a summer of firsts and I intended for most of them to take place in this cruise.

 

Cruise ships don’t usually allow weddings (not sure if it’s true) but In-Sung uncle made a special arrangements so my mom could invite friends and family instead of just eloping on a cruise ship. He reserved the top deck for the wedding and then at midnight all the guests would get off and we would head out.

 

“Look at all these shops! You’re so lucky. I would kill to shop here,” Tiffany said.

 

“I know. Good thing I saved up all my pay-checks,” said Yuri.

 

We got in the elevator and we went to my floor. Once we got out we searched for my cabin and slid the card through the lock. My first thought was that I was in my mom’s honeymoon suite instead of my own. My second thought was that In-Sung uncle really went all out on making sure I was totally comfortable. I had a king size, a huge living room and  a great ocean view.

 

“Oh my God! My small family could live inside your room. I bet this cost a ton! Now I really wish I was coming with you! Sorry I keep saying that!” said Tiffany.

 

“It’s ok. I really do wish you were coming’” said Yuri.

 

“But I’m not and I have to face that. Although I am totally going to take advantage of the few hours I am here. Oh can we have one of these miniature bottles of wine,” asked Tiffany.

 

“Drink whatever you want. The drinking age is only 18 on the ship,” said Yuri.

 

I walked out onto the balcony as Tiffany was getting the wine. It was so private; this really must have cost a fortune. I could see myself curled up out here reading… No! I corrected myself. That’s what I would do back in Boston, but not here. Here I’m going to hang by the pool, meet guys and be totally different from my boring old-self. Tiffany came out and handed me a mini bottle of wine.

 

“Let’s make a toast. Here’s hoping you have the best time of your life!” said Tiffany.

 

We raised our bottles and clinked them together.

 

“I’ll drink to that!” agreed Yuri.

 

This vacation was going to be absolutely perfect! I was planning on having the best time of my life. I’m going to drink margaritas, go to clubs, and shop till I drop, kiss a lot of cute guys, snorkel and sleep with a guy for the first time.