002

Trouble With Mr. Gullible
Please log in to read the full chapter

"I don't know how to say this nicely. Your jokes are starting to get annoying. Sunbae, don't be surprised if I punch you the next time we meet." Minzy said through the phone with Yukwon on the other line who keeps insisting that she gives him Jongup number.

 

"Woah, a bad girl. I think I like you even more." Yukwon teased and has been continuing on the same conversation they had during there time together in the Juice Bar the other day. He jokingly says he will take his pain out on Jongup because of her rejection with a small hope that she will date him just so he can shut up.

 

 

Minzy suddenly stiffened up when she felt the intense glare coming from her older brother, Seunghyun "Sunbae,  I'm sort of busy at the moment. I'll call you back later."

 

"You promise."

 

"I promise. Bye." She ended the call with Yukwon and once she set her phone down she gave her full attention to her older brother. "Oppa you're back. How are you?"

 

"Let's get this straight, Minji. Just because our parents gave you the permission to live on your own, it is I that paid for the down payment on your apartment." He said in his usual low and husky voice.


"I know, Oppa and I'm very grateful. " Her voice is low and husky as well but didn't sound as threatening like how her brother voice sounded like.

 

"As well you should be. There's a few things you need to do if you wish to keep your newfound  freedom. You must call mom and dad on a daily basis to tell them how you're doing. That my baby sister is common courtesy for the people who had fed and raised you, understand? "


"Yes, I understand." Minzy nodded obediently.

 

"You must learn to be frugal because after 2 months you will start paying your own bills. That means you better show me that dancing is a good career move because you know what I'll do if you don't show me the profit earned in dancing." He said in a cold tone.

 

"You will drag me back home and force me to choose a more suitable career path." She stated and suppressed a sigh from escaping her lips.

 

"Exactly. Now because I know how smart, mature and independent you are, I will trust your judgment on who you decide to bring in your new apartment." Seunghyun smiles, finally deciding to put down his tough guy act. "I just need you to join an advance self defense class and brush up on the moves you've already learned before. My heart will be at ease knowing you're able to defend yourself if you were ever to be in danger. You're my baby sister that I love and adore." He spoke much softer, bringing a smile on Minzy's face.

 

"Oppa, I'll make you proud." She threw herself in her older brother arms, hugging him tightly.

 

 

+++

 

 

A competition to get contracted by a  prestigious dance company was being taken place. Some were nervous others were confident. Jongup would be the ones  considered confident because he is one of the few that has an absolute y charismatic charm when he dances to the beat of the music with perfect flow. Those who know him knows he has an outstanding skill in taking all the spotlight from the other dancers. On the dance floor he is like a fierce tiger that no one wants to get near.

 

Though, he was still humble enough to know he still needs practice and hard work just like everyone else that wants  to improve themselves. As he practices a few dances he was oblivious to the hateful stares he was getting from some of the other dancers.

 

After he pushed himself up in a handstand and smoothly drops  into a standing position, a few dancers took that as an opportunity to ask him for his number in the competition with hope that they will not  get  stuck in the room with him in front of the judges. 

 

"28." Jongup said quickly to not keep them all waiting for an answer. 

 

 

A dancer that looked extremely annoyed cursed under his breath when hearing Jongup's number, hating the fact that he was only a number behind, 27. That only meant he will be grouped with Jongup and just knowing that he could already forsee his failure. With a  few more dancers feeling like they will have the same fate, they all slowly band together to plan on how to get rid of Jongup before their numbers are called along with his.

 

 

+++

 

 

After her brother left, Minzy  became dumfounded. Here she was in her very own apartment and she has no clue on what she should do first. It wasn't like she had no furniture to sit on or electronics to keep herself entertained. (her brother made sure she was living comfortably on her first night alone.) It was just taking a while for reality to sink in.

 

"What do I do first?" She muttered and drags her heavy feet towards the window. She opens the curtains  and slide the window open to bring in fresh air. Her eyes twitched in annoyance when the first thing she saw out of the window  when she looked down was Zelo flipping his skateboard underneath his feet and not even noticing that he is taking up most of the sidewalk, giving people no choice to step onto the street and walk around him. "That little brat!"

 

She grabs her fly swatter, rushes down her apartment and crosses the street to meet Zelo face to face. "WHAT?!" She was surprised by his tone of voice and that he was able to acknowledge her presence even though he seemed so focused on his skateboard.

 

"Uhm," He was much much taller than he looked the last time she saw him. Maybe because she's much closer this time,  that height of his is making her feel intimidated. "Be careful when you ride your skateboard. You could hurt someone." She said timidly with her fly swatter hidden behind her back.

 

"That hair." Zelo said randomly.

 

"My hair?" MInzy touched her hair in confusion.

 

"Those lips." He stepped off his skateboard and scans her head to toe. "....That nice ."

 

She was flustered for a moment by his comment. She then grips on the fly swatter and smacks him with it. She was no longer intimidated by him because his disrespectful mouth overpowered his scary height. "Keep your thoughts to yourself, brat!"

Please log in to read the full chapter