Closer Than Before

RETURN
Please log in to read the full chapter

I am not going to lie, but I am not satisfied with this chapter. It was difficult to think and write. However, I hope that the next chapter will be better than this…anyway, enjoy this chapter? :)

By the way, the ringtone Shinhye used in this chapter is called "Devil by Bye Bye Sea (안녕바다)".

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

Although Park Shinhye had a jet lag, she always put a bright smile on her face when she saw her American fans who welcomed her at LAX airport. Shinhye had received a flower bouquet every time she arrived at any airports. Not that she was complaining because she enjoyed flowers. She wouldn't get started filming until the next day, which gave her more time to sightsee in California. She initially planned on getting some more sleep once she was in California, but she changed her mind. She didn't want to miss her opportunity to try American food or beverage. Knowing her job, she wouldn't have time to sightsee. Even it was just 30 to 60 minutes. That wasn't enough though.

Shinhye was the last person to arrive in California. She was wondering what her co-stars were doing at the moment, are they already filming or are they taking some rest in the hotel? The first person came to her mind was Lee Minho. Four weeks ago, they began to warm up to each other and later they got a lot of closer to each other gradually, probably more than they did during Etude House days. Minho had been pulling Shinhye's chain until he couldn't be able to walk. He knew he would never do that to Shinhye anymore. She kicked him in the shin so hard he wasn't able to walk for a couple of days, and she apologized him nonstop. That was how they became close. Weird, but true.

Taking out of her iPhone from the short pocket, Shinhye scrolled through her contacts list until she found Elementary School Kid's number.

"Are you in my hotel now?" Minho answered after the phone ringing twice. 

"Is that how you answer when you pick up the phone?"

"If it's Park Shinhye, then yeah."

Rolling her eyes at Minho's response. "Are you staying in the hotel? What about Minhyuk, Jiwon and Jinhyuk-sshi?"

"Yeah, we all are in the same hotel. But we don't share a bed. Where are you now?"

"I'm at the airport waiting for my taxi. Oh, it's here. I'll see you later. Bye." Shinhye hung up without giving Minho a chance to reply.

Grinning at his iPhone, Minho never thought Shinhye was actually giving him a call. He told her that she should call him first before her male friends as a joke, but she took it seriously. Minho was content. He silently thanked Kim Eunsuk for suggesting him and Shinhye to exchange phone numbers.

 

A month earlier...

As seven hours had passed, the first script reading session was over.

"Minho, Shinhye. Have you been staying in touch with each other after Etude House?" The director, Kang Shinhyo asked.

Minho and Shinhye were shaking their heads.

Kim Eunsuk muttered under her breath, "Aigoo, I wonder why? Minho had a crush on Shinhye..." She then nodded her head as if she had a better idea, "Why don't you guys exchange your phone numbers just in case you want to discuss Heirs before filming? You guys will be seeing each other everyday for the next four months."

Kang Minhyuk pretended to cough as he spoke, "I have to keep an eye on her." 

"You'll be too busy following Soojung around like a lost puppy within a month," Shinhye retorted.

"Unnie!" Jung Soojung's cheeks were flushed.

"I'm sorry, but he's a pain in the . You have to stay away from him because he's kind of creepy and erted once you get to know him. Trust me. I know him well." 

Soojung couldn't help glancing at Minhyuk in a bit fright.

"That's not funny." Minhyuk frowned.

Minho finally spoke, "Don't listen to Shinhye. Just because she's your friend doesn't mean she knows men really well. She's a woman after all. Men know nothing about women either."

"Thank you! That's why I love you more, " Minhyuk winked at Minho who nodded his head awkwardly. "See? Noona, he knows better than you."

Shinhye raised an eyebrow, "Love is such a strong word. You're not falling in love with Minho-sshi, right?"

Minhyuk was about to open his mouth to snap back, but the screenwriter raised her hand to stop.

"Alright, that's enough!" Eunsuk glared at Minhyuk and Shinhye for nearly making a scene before smiling at everyone else, "Thank you everybody for coming to the first script reading session today. I know we've been studying more than six hours, but I'm really impressed and grateful that you guys show your truly intrigue in my story. I believe you guys will do really well with your characters. If you have any problem with the characters, please let me know. I'll be more than happy to accommodate to your needs, but I can't guarantee that I can change everything to satisfy you. I want you to get some rest and be prepared for the big day. I'll see you guys next month."

Everyone began to gather their belongings and say goodbye to each other before leaving. Only two people were remaining. The actress and the screenwriter.

"Shinhye, I wanted to say thank you very much for accepting my offer. You have no idea how grateful I am to have you and Minho to work for my project. I have a strong belief that your chemistry with him will be off the charts!"

"I assure you Minho-sshi and I will work hard to make our chemistry amazin

Please log in to read the full chapter