Little Vacation

RETURN
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry that I didn't seem to make a good effort to write this chapter. It's somewhat lagging, but...happy reading? 

 

=====================================================

 

Today was the last day of filming in California. Shinhye refused to give up on pleading the Director that she wanted to go sightseeing in Los Angeles before going back to Korea. With the help of Minho, the Director agreed to give Shinhye three days. Besides, the Director needed a little vacation anyway.

"Oppa, thank you." Shinhye said as soon as she and Minho stepped out of the elevator toward their hotel rooms.

"You owe me."

"Okay, what do you want?"

"Movie with me."

Shinhye let out a brief mocking laugh, "Sounds like a date, but no. What else?"

"Buy me a meal."

"Done."

"I'm not done." Seeing a surprised expression on her face made Minho smile, "I want to go sightseeing in Los Angeles with you. All day. For three days."

Shinhye narrowed her eyes, "What are you up to? Did Minhyuk make you do it to get me humiliated as a revenge?"

"What? No, Minhyuk has nothing to do with this. I just want to hang out with you."

"With me buying you food?"

"You can buy me disgusting and cheap food, I don't care."

"Why should I believe you? You're already famous. I am sure people in California will recognize you immediately. Not everyone can spot me since I am master at blending in with normal people. According to your height and your face, you stand out of the crowd. You're too handsome to be out and about."

"We're not in Korea." Minho paused for a moment before grinning like a Cheshire cat, "Did you just call me handsome?"

"Wipe that stupid grin off your face. What's wrong with me calling you handsome?"

"I feel so blissful to hear a compliment coming from a multi-talented popular star."

"Nice try. I am not taking a risk to walk down the street with you in public."

Minho muttered under his breath, "You play hard to get, huh? I am taking a challenge." He sighed, rubbing above his eyebrow as he glanced over Shinhye's shoulder. It was time for him to pull out the big gun. He began to walk toward her in a seductive way, "How can I make you believe I really want to hang out with you, as a friend? You don't like it? You want to be more than friends?"

"W-what? Hey, what are you doing?!" Shinhye took a step back until her back hit the closed door perturbedly as she looked around the hallway to see if people were watching. Fortunately, the hall was empty. "Oppa, stop moving! I said stop! Don't invade my personal space! I'm going to scream like a banshee if I have to," she warned.

Without warning, Minho leaned closer to Shinhye until she turned her face away. It was so close. He almost touched his lips on her lips. She could feel Minho's hot breath on her cheek. Her heart started to pound like crazy as his tongue his lips moistly. His lips are quite kissable. No, this is not happening! Shinhye bit her lower lip so hard she was sure she could taste her own blood. When Minho lifted his hand toward Shinhye's head, she flicked as if he was going to touch her sensitive ear. He took a couple of step back with a note in his hand. He said in a slight laughing tone, "Someone left you a note on the door."

Shinhye glared, "When are you seriously going to stop invading my personal space?"

Minho pretended to think for a moment, "How about the twelfth of never."

Snatching the note out of Minho's hand, Shinhye turned around to unlocked the door with her keycard. "Good night." Before he could open his mouth to say, she shut the door.

"Sweet dream, Shinhye ah~" Minho said to the closed door.

 

---

 

"Shinhye,

I tried to call you, but your phone turned off. 

I wanted to let you know that I left this morning, I have an arrangement to meet someone in San Francisco. I won't be back until we return to Korea. If you need anything, please give Minho a call. I planned on getting someone else to look after you, but Minho volunteered. I hope you were okay with it. 

Joon."

 

"What? Minho oppa? Since when did Joon oppa go to San Francisco alone?"

 

---

 

The next morning, a bit earlier than Shinhye expected, but she didn't mind at all. She took a quick shower and then got dressed. She chose a simple outfit, a plain white v-neck shirt and black skinny jeans with cuffs rolled up. She considered wearing a flip-flop, but changed her mind since she planned to walk around the city all day. She chose black Nike free 5.0 shoes. She checked her phone for the weather forecast in Los Angeles, it was going to be chilly at night. She took her red flannel shirt out of the luggage and tied it around her waist.

As she entered the lobby room, she was looking for a tallest Korean man with a gorgeous face until she spotted three girls who surrounded Minho. They looked quite comfortable talking….in Korean? What surprised Shinhye was that the girls nodded their heads as if they understood what Minho say. Thank to one of Shinhye's friends, she learned how to lip-read. The first word she could catch was 'gorgeous'.

A blond-headed girl who giggled excitedly as she spoke Korean, "Wow! Minho-sshi, you're really gorgeous in real life!" 

"It's a nice surprise to run into you. What are you doing in Los Angeles? Any plan for today?" Another girl with red hair asked.

A brunette-headed girl cleared before speaking Korean fluently, "Have you thought about meeting my father about your career? I'm sure he's more than happy to have you in our team. We've seen you in City Hunter and Faith before. You were brilliant! Have you thought about working in America?"

Minho wasn't able to answer at once, but he chose the last question since the career was crucial in his life. He shook his head politely, "Thanks for offering, but I haven't thought about it now. As I mentioned earlier, I'm currently working on the new project."

The brunette-headed girl took the business card out of her ridiculously big, expensive bag that was called Balenciaga and handed it to Minho. She added, "If you need any questions regarding your career, please do not hesitant to contact me or my team. I understand that you're now famous and you won't have time to consider it. Don't rush it."

"Thanks."

"Minho-sshi, you're done filming Heirs in America, right? If you're done, aren't you supposed to go back to Korea with other co-stars by now?" The red-headed girl asked.

Minho shook his head, "We're given permission to have three days off, so we plan to do something for today."

"We? You're with someone? A girl?" The blond-headed girl grinned, "You mean…your leading lady? Park Shinhye?"

Minho nearly choked on his iced caffe Americano. He wasn't sure if he should be honest or not

Please log in to read the full chapter