Scintilla

If You Could See His Heart

“There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.”
—Bram r, Dracula



Hye Soo stared at him with a confused expression as she tried to grasp what he meant. She turned back to look at him before standing up, her eyes widening when she noticed the teacher standing above them. Jongin stands up as well and bows, knowing full well what was going on. He threw his cigarette on the floor and walked away raising his hands in the air. She followed after him but stopped when he spoke up.

"She's new here," He sighed, "I was just trying to impress her."

"What makes you think I'll believe you?" The teacher asked, "I know how you are Jongin."

Jongin turned to look at Hye Soo and winked, "Look at her, she's too innocent."

She stared at him as the teacher slowly nodded. He motioned for her to go back to the field and led Jongin away pushing him with his ruler. Hye Soo frowned when he nodded for her to go with the others. Before she could do anything, she was pulled back by Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

"He got caught?" Kyungsoo chuckled, "Why am I not surprised?"

"I'm surprised he managed to last this long without getting kicked out," Chanyeol agreed, "But then again they need him."

"Is he always like that?" Minah asked, "Getting into trouble?"

"Yeah," Kyungsoo and Chanyeol nodded, "You get used to it after a while."

Kyungsoo led her back to the soccer field and joined Baekhyun who was sitting on the ground. She sat down besides them as Chanyeol went to grab some water. Everyone else was scattered around, either playing soccer or just walking around. Hye Soo glanced around the field and Sehun staring at her. She could feel her face go red when she caught Sehun's eyes. There was a soft smile on his face and his eyes grew more curious as she looked away.

It was the first time Jongin had ever befriended a girl. Well, the first girl in a long time. He could see her dimples as she turned back to Kyungsoo who was laughing. Sehun glanced up to see Joonmyun giving him a knowing look.

"What?" Sehun asked, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I know what you're thinking," He sighed, "You should stop."

"Stop what?"

"You know what. It's barely been a year."

"It's been long enough. I'm not even doing anything."

Sehun rolled his eyes as he shook his head. He turned back to look at the new transfer student who sat with Jongin's group. There was something about her that reminded him of a lost puppy. A girl who was innocent enough to be considered pure but dirty enough to become tainted. A girl that made him curious.

A girl who remined him of the person who ruined his friendship with Jongin.

The two friends that became enemies because of a simple bottle of soju and poor decisions. The group of friends that split up because of some backstabbing .

Hwang Yura.

Jongin's first love and girlfriend. The girl who ruined their friendship because she couldn't keep her body away from Sehun. It was a mistake he regretted but Jongin never forgot. He would never forget what his best friend did to him.

Sehun looked away when the new girl turned to look at him her eyes dark and deep. He headed back towards the building when the bell rang. Joonmyun went back to class while Sehun decided to head towards the library. He made his way to the back and closed his eyes hoping to get some sleep. There was a soft thud and he opened his eyes to see the new girl grabbing a book off the floor.

He noticed her long dark hair fall in front of her face and he stood up. Reaching down to help her, he noticed her nametag and smiled.

"Hye Soo," Sehun whispered, "You should be more careful."

Hye Soo bolted up and smacked her head on the bookshelf wincing as she rubbed the sore spot. She felt her face go red as Sehun reached for her. Instinctively, she stepped back and bowed.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"That's fine. I wasn't paying attention."

She bowed once more and headed towards a nearby table. Sehun trailed after her and picked out a random book off the shelf before sitting down in front of her. Hye Soo took a deep breath and looked up at him.

"Can I help you?"

"Why aren't you in class?"

"Why do you care?"

Sehun chuckled softly as she rolled her eyes. He watched as she began to read murmuring to herself as she read the words. He opened up his book and pretended to do the same. He could feel her stares and decided to play a game. Every time she glanced at him, he would try to look up in time to see her face. This went on for a while before he decided to speak up.

"Cha Hye Soo," Sehun smiled, "That's a pretty name."

"Oh Sehun," Hye Soo mumbled, "What an ugly name."

She looked at him as he burst into giggles, clapping his hands like a seal. Hye Soo froze when Sehun grabbed her hand his fingers fluttering lightly over her palm. He leaned in closer and held her hand to his face, making her feel his warm breath. She wanted to pull away but couldn't feeling her body go limp and her heart pound faster.

"I watched a show last night where someone said you can read people's futures just by looking at their hands."

"That sounds stupid."

"Does it?"

Hye Soo struggled to pull back her hand but gave up, "So what does my future say?"

"You have a good fortune," He whispered, "It says that you'll find a new love soon."

"New love?"

Sehun looked into her eyes and nodded, "Apparently you don't have to look far."

Hye Soo pulled away and blinked as she brushed back her hair. She tried her best to stop her heart from racing so fast, knowing that he might be able to hear it. She stood up to leave but was pulled back by Sehun. His eyes darted over her face before finally settling on her eyes.

"I'm sorry," He whispered, "I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable."

"You didn't."

"Then why are you running away?"

"Who says I am?" She said, "What makes you think that?"

Before Sehun could say anything, his eyes landed on Jongin who entered the library with Chanyeol and Baekhyun. He could feel his angry stare on his hand and he immediately let go. Jongin walked over to Hye Soo and smiled at her, stepping in front of her.

"What are you doing here?" Jongin glared at Sehun, "Studying?"

"No," Sehun replied, "I just wanted to take a nap."

"Sounds like fun."

Sehun nodded before stepping back. Chanyeol and Baekhyun made their way to another table as Jongin followed after them. Hye Soo turned to look at him and bowed before stopping. She felt Sehun's hand grab her own, making her skin tingle and burn.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to."

She glanced at him as he walked away giving her a smile before he disappeared. She went back to sit with Jongin and slipped her hand inside her pocket. She quickly stuffed the note that was in her hand inside. Making sure none of them saw, she quickly stood up and awkwardly laughed.

"I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be back."

"Okay," Jongin smiled, "Hurry back."

Hye Soo ran towards the bathroom and shut herself inside a stall. With trembling fingers she pulled out the small sheet of paper and took a deep breath.

'Meet me on the roof. I'll be waiting.'

She ran out of the library and ran up the stairs. Mustering up all her strength, she pushed open the door and slipped onto the roof. Hye Soo surveyed it and stopped when she noticed Sehun lying on a small table. She made her way over and jumped in surprise when he sat up.

"You didn't take long," Sehun smirked, "Why?"

"You told me to come."

"But you didn't have to."

"You were waiting."

Sehun nodded and stifled his laughter. He made room for her to sit besides him and patted the seat. Hye Soo sat down and turned to look at him. Without hesitating, he reached for her hand and continued his palm reading.

"You're so close," He sighed, "He's so near."

"What makes you so sure?" She asked, "It could be someone else."

"No, I'm 100% sure."

"How?"

"Because," Sehun leaned in closer, "you're staring right at him."

 

••••••••••••

(Author's Note)

Yay! I managed to update! So I'm pretty sure this is the final part of the prologue but who knows. Once I finish the prologues, the real story will begin. So please leave many comments below! Tell me who you are rooting for!!