My Yatterman part 3/4

My Yatterman

 

 

It’s fine if it’s painful…

No Matter how much it hurts inside…

Whether it’s pain

Or love

They’re all part of my dream

 

-Mitsuki

 

Inside the Van,

 

I received a text message from someone whose number was unregistered.

 

“Hi Yu-chan, this is my number –Sakurai Sho”

 

“Who’s that?” asked Kirari as she saw me glaring on my phone.

“A childhood friend” I replied, keeping my phone. She might tease me again so I didn’t tell her that it was Sho Sakurai.

 

Five minutes passed,

We’re still on the car when I heard my ring tone.

 

“Someone’s calling!” said Kirari.

I pulled out my phone, but saw Sakurai’s number so I kept it again.

 

“Why don’t you answer your phone?” Kirari was confused.

I just smiled, pretending to be sleepy. For sure Kirari would think this way: I didn’t answer the call because I was too tired.

 

That night, I received another call, from Sakurai again.

“Should I answer it?”

 

I was about to press Yes but the call stopped.

“Good!” I breathed out.

 

I thought he won’t call again, but 2 minutes after the first call, another had followed.

Finally, I decided to get it. “Hello?”

 

“I’m glad you answer your phone, are you busy?” asked Sho. His voice was so tender like peaceful breeze.

For the moment, I didn’t respond.

“Yu-chan?”

 

“Ah, no… not really” I answered defensively. I knew I should apologize for not answering his call, but I refused to do that. “Why did you call?” I questioned.

 

“Well, actually I want to invite you” he started “I have tickets to the stage play of my friend, and I would like to take you as my guest, if you’re available for that evening”

 

I analyzed his words. “Is he asking me for a date?”

 

“Yu-chan?”

“Ah, w-when is that?” I responded.

“This coming Saturday, I hope you can make it”

“Okay!” I answered without hesitant.

Silence,

 “Hey, Sakurai-san, are you still there?”

“Ah, yes. Thanks for accepting my invitation, so when should I pick you?”

 

“I’ll text you!” I answered.

 

As I put down my phone, a trickling excitement moved all over my body. For a moment, I forgot the promise I made: to stop thinking about Sho Sakurai, I saw myself excited for our upcoming date.

 

Saturday night,

I met Sakurai-san on the time and place we had decided: in Kyubei, a restaurant in Ginza. We ate first before heading to the theater.

[Note: I didn’t inform Kirari or Shohei about this, if I did, things might be complicated.]

 

 

“For a Literature major, watching a stage play would be a good help” said Sho on our way inside the theater.

I smiled, that was actually part of my reasons why I accepted his invitation. Lately I lost focus on my studies which result of having bad grades. This semester, I was determined to get high grades.

 

*

As we sat on the audience seat, Sakurai began his trivia citing. I guess to kill time while we were waiting.

 

His TRIVIA #1: * Did you know the oldest novel in the world was written in Japan over a thousand years ago?
The Tale of Genji was written in the 11th Century by Murasaki Shikibu, a member of the Imperial Court. Her lengthy novel concerns the romantic and ual exploits and intrigues of the Imperial Court centered on the main character of Genji. If written today, it would probably be classified as a soap opera.

I wasn’t interested.


His TRIVIA # 2: *Another thing, the most-visited amusement park in the world is Tokyo Disneyland. Since 1983, more than 17 million people visit it each year. 

 

“Really, it’s the first time I heard about that” I responded.

 

His TRIVIA #3 In ia, the pineapple means gratitude. It is often given as a gift for dinner parties.
 

“You’re wrong!” I reacted. “Not gratitude but hospitality.”

 

Sakurai laughed as I corrected him. “When it comes to food, you’re really expert. I salute you!”

 

I wondered if that was a compliment. I didn’t flatter in anyway.

The day I became host in Cooking Ways, I was oblique to learn more about food. Sometimes it was stressful, but not actually regretful.

 

“Aside from Arts and cooking, is there other thing you like?” Sho continued.

He was waiting for my answer, but how I could say that I used to be a Yatterman fanatic; it was the same as telling that I used to like him.

 

“No more!” That was my answer “How about you, what do you like?”

 

He smiled, glaring at me. “As of now, there is one thing I really want to get”

 

As our eyes met, I noticed how enticing his eyes were. His lips were also inviting. Sakurai was a living seduction.

 

 LIGHTS OFF

Perfect timing; if the play didn’t start at this moment, Sho Sakurai might get me once gain.

 

END OF THE THEATER

End of our date.

 

“Thanks for a wonderful treat” I said, as I reached my apartment. I was about to get out from Sho’s car, when he intruded.

“Wait!” he grabbed my arm.

As I looked back, I saw him staring at me. “Not again…” I thought since I didn’t want to feel strange sensation again.

“I hope this won’t be the last” he said.

“S-sure…” I answered turning my eyes down.

Sho smiled “I’ll call you then”

 

“Sakurai-san!”

I wasn’t sure what made me speak out, “I want to clear something, Do you like me?”

 

Why did I ask such question? Could I accept its answer? I was like shooting without aiming.

 

“Yes, I like you!” said Sakurai directly.

 

I stopped.

 

His answer, I already heard that many times, but only in my imagination.

 

When Gan-chan told those words to Yu, Yu hugged him giving her sweet reply “I love you too… you’re my Yatterman!

 

To complete the story, I should do the same, but something stopped me.

THIS FACT: Sho Sakurai rejected me once. “You’re lack of self confidence. Sorry, but it’s also a no for me.”

He also joined the crowd in laughing at me.

 

“Can you give me a chance?” asked Sho.

I wondered how real his determination. I even didn’t sure about his real intention, and …I hate him!

 

“I’m sorry; I can’t give my answer now!” I said, leaving the car. This became harder.

Sho Sakurai’s voice, words and stares, all of those…I should convince myself that those were just a dream.

*

 

ARASHI’s DRESSING ROOM,

 

Aiba Masaki asked Sho about his date, but he received a simple sigh as a respond.

From that, he could explain what happened.

“Daijoubu!” said Aiba tapping his band mate’s shoulder.

 

Ohno Satoshi and Matsujun were also there, ready to lend their ears.

 

“Where’s Nino?” asked Sho, since he couldn’t see him anywhere. He was upset a while ago so it was just now he noticed his absence.

“He has interview for his upcoming drama, he’ll be here in any minute” Ohno answered. “

 

“Maybe we can do something fun while waiting for Nino?” Aiba suggested.

 

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Come in, It’s open” said Matsujun.

 

A male Production Assistant (PA) entered “I have delivery for Mr. Sakurai”

 

Sakurai wondered “For me? From whom?” he asked.

 

“From Miss Kirari, Yu Sakamoto’s manager.”

 

When Sho heard that, he took the small pink box without any hesitation.

*

 

STUDIO 6

I attended a talk show.

The host asked different question, especially about love.

“Can you tell us about your ideal man?”

 

“Ideal man?”

 

The only man that got my attention was Yatterman. At first I thought I was in love with him, but later on, I realized it was Sho Sakurai who I really like.

 

How could I reveal that?

 

“Actually…” this was my answer “Actually, I don’t have experience in romance yet, but about my ideal man, I think I want a hard working guy. A type of person who’ll do anything just to see his sweetheart, someone who can appreciate even little thing…”

 

While telling those words, I remembered the failure I experienced before. That was the reason why I decided to that: I gave Sakurai a box.

 

Maybe what I did was a kind of revenge but I did it to make Sakurai feel the same disappointment I felt.

 

I asked Kirari to send a box to Sakurai. It had a jar of M&M, with a note that says if there are more reds than green, my answer will be yes.

 

Sakurai started counting.

His band mates offered help but he disallowed them, he wanted to do the counting on his own.

 

**

Back to the studio, after my interview, I looked for Kirari but didn’t see her anywhere. Maybe she was with her boyfriend. I continued looking for her and then, I spotted Shohei.

 

“It can’t be… Sho-chan!” I ran to him. “What are you doing here?” I asked flashing a smile.

“No, I’m not Sho-chan…” he answered “I’m Ninomiya Kazunari, you’re Yu Sakamoto, right?”

 

My mistake I didn’t recognize him, how I could? He and Shohei looked really the same.

 

“S-Sorry” I responded “I thought you’re my friend. I’m not referring about Sakurai-san but to my friend named Shohei… you too look exactly the same”

 

“Really?” Nino’s eyes got widen “How nice, your friend’s name is Sho-chan and then your boyfriend’s name is also Sho-chan”

 

“No, Sho Sakurai is not my boyfriend” I insisted. I wondered why this guy thought Sakurai as my boyfriend. True, Sakurai was a super Idol and I was his fan before, but I wasn’t the kind of girl who’d give in easily.

 

“Don’t tell me you don’t like him?”

 

“Well…”

 

“Poor Sho-chan, he likes you for almost 2 years”

 

“Eh?”

 

Two years, how come?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

@aibasgirl2013- thanks for reading and commenting, most especially, thanks for the link. I only know basic Japanese and Spanish, but I did understand the movie!