My Yatterman part 1/4

My Yatterman

 

People care more about themselves than they care about you. So inevitably don't care what other people think of you. You are not put on this planet to please all. It's OK to fail, it's OK to be different, it's OK to do what you feel is right for you! -anonymous

 

It was a cold night.

Gan-chan was walking on the street with Yu. They were dating for almost 3 weeks, so he thought it would be okay to hold her hand. He did it, but slowly.

There was a smile flashed on his lip when finally he held Yu’s hand. It was so soft. But the smile vanished when Yu stared at him.

“S-sorry…” said Gan-chan, removing his hand from Yu.

Yu smiled. “No, it’s okay!” she said, getting his hand back. Yu was always waiting for Gan-chan to hold her hand; actually, she wanted more than that.

As she looked at Gan-chan, he realized what she wanted. Gan-chan gave her a gaze. Suddenly, the mood changed. The cold night became warm, full of flowers springing out.

Their lips were almost touching—

Until a strong explosion from the next street occurred,

“What’s that?” asked Yu, frightened.

 

Gan-chan narrowed his eyes. “For sure it is the Daronjo gang!”

“Daronjo gang?” Yu repeated.

“They should pay for this!” said Gan-chan, upset, since Daronjo revoked his kiss. He stepped forward and made a pose “This is a job for Yatterman!” Gan-chan changed into Yatterman.

*****

“Yu-chan, Yu-chan…” My friend Shohei Asai interrupted my story. “You’re out of character, that’s not Yatterman, and besides, his girlfriend is Ai-chan. You hear it, I’ll repeat, AI-CHAN!”

“I don’t care!” I shouted. “What’s wrong with my story, it’s my version of Yatterman, understood?”

“O-Okay…” Shohei answered helplessly, he didn’t have guts to argue with me anyway, so I continued.

****

Shohei was my friend since elementary. He loved anime especially gundams, me I love nothing but Yatterman, a crime fighting hero.

Before, no one could get my interest rather than food, I just contented supporting Shohei (or Sho-chan) in his hobbies but it changed when I found out about a live action movie Yatterman.

 

“Are you serious, you’re in love with Yatterman?” asked Shohei the day I confessed.

“I don’t know, but the first time I saw him in TV, my heart beat fast, my eyes turned heart, and I was yelling Yatta! Yatta!”

“So, you’re really in love with Sho Sakurai”

"Sho Sakurai?”

“He is one of the most popular stars today, a good actor, singer, dancer and host, the man behind your Yatterman” Shohei explained.

“Hontou?”  

 

That was the story how I knew about Sho Sakurai. From that day, I became determine to meet him.

 

FIRST ATTEMPT

Go to his concert.

 

“Sho Sakurai is a member of the boy band called Arashi” Shohei narrated.

“I’ll definitely watch his concert!” I said with full spirit.

“You can have their concert ticket for only 6 800 yen”

“Yosh! -eh?” I froze as I heard the amount. “Ah, Shohei, can you lend me some amount?”

 “Gomen Yu-chan, I don’t have money!”

“NO!!!”

 

FIRST ATTEMPT FAILED because I didn’t have money. My allowance was enough for my project in school.

 

SECOND ATTEMPT

Be an audience to his variety show.

 

“Studio tour huh?” said Shohei when I told him about my plan. “That is a perfect idea, but how could you go there?”

A puzzled question,

I was leaving outside Tokyo; I also didn’t have connection in any person from the media.

 

SECOND ATTEMPT FAILED

 

THIRD ATTEMPT

Join in Japanese Idol singing contest.

 

“Sho Sakurai is a guess judge there; if you join the contest you’ll surely meet him.”

“It’s a perfect idea, Shohei but are you sure I can make it?” I questioned.

“Why not, you’re a good singer, you can do it!”

“But…I’m shy!” I answered.

Shohei gave me uplifting words as he tapped my shoulder.

“I know, you can make it!”

*

I used my savings to go in Tokyo for the audition. Shohei, being my good friend accompanied me.

 

****

This would be the best thing could ever happen to me… finally I could see my Yatterman.

*

“Next, 214!”

Butterflies flew in my stomach as I heard my number.”What should I do? Can I make it?” I wondered, but that wasn’t the time to think it about. The judges were waiting, as well as the audiences.

When I reached the stage I almost got a heart attack. This was my first time standing on front of many people. I doubt if I could still do it. I looked around expecting to see Shohei, but I couldn’t see him from the crowd.

 

“Okay Miss, what’s your name?” asked one of the judges (a female in mid 30’s)

I heard her question but I couldn’t open my mouth.

“Miss? What’s your name?” she repeated.

“Ah- ah…” I still couldn’t talk.

"Are you nervous?” said a cute guy; he was sitting next to the female judge. That was the first time I saw him, but he looked familiar. I stared at him, I analyzed his face.

“It can’t be… Yatterman!” I bit out.

A strong laugh arose from the crowd.

“Yeah, he is Yatterman!” another judge (a fashionable gay) commented. “So now, can we hear your singing voice?”

“Hai!” I nodded. Seeing my Yatterman, gave me confidence.

 

Song: New Future (originally sung by Myco)

 

 

 

“I like your choice of song!” said the female judge “I could say that you have a talent and you have room for improvement, so for now it’s a NO!”

 

STRIKE ONE!

In this singing contest, you can only level up in next round if you received two Yes

 

It was Sho Sakurai turn.

“Your song is very wonderful” he started “but you’re lack of self confidence. Sorry, but it’s also a no for me.”

 

STRIKE TWO!

Sho rejected me.

 

“What should I say, even if I say Yes, you already out from the contest” said the gay judge. “But as an advice, I think you need patience. That is needed to gain self confidence. It is like fishing with a fishing rod.  If something doesn't work for you, throw the rod back in and try again. And another thing” the gay judge looked at me from head to toe “Don’t hate me but I think you need to choose your outfit carefully, look at you now…you look like caterpillar in cocoon.”

Everybody laughed. Of course they will, since the one who talked was a famous comedian. His way of delivering lines was always humorous.

 

That moment, I wished to disappear as bubble especially when I saw Sho Sakurai. He was laughing. How could it be possible? My Yatterman who was very perfect in my eyes joined the audience as they laughed at me.

 

THIRD ATTEMPT was SUCESSFUL.

I finally met Sho Sakurai but not my Yatterman… so it was still a FAILURE

 

***

In the train station,

I was weeping.

 

Shohei wanted to make me feel better but he didn’t know how. He felt really sorry for me and for his self since this was his idea.

“Gomen, Yu-chan… it’s my fault, hontou ni gomen!” he apologized.

As I looked at him, I noticed something. “Shohei…” I started, wiping my tears.

“Hmm?” he responded.

“You know Arashi, right?”

“Of course, it’s Sho Sakurai’s group, why did you ask?”

“Because, you look like one of them”

“Really?” Shohei was amazed. “Well, I think I’m a little bit handsome than Matsujun!” he answered.

“No, I’m not talking about Matsujun!” I corrected him.

“Then, who’s my look alike?” Shohei wondered.

“The one who starred with Sho Sakurai in Yamada no Taro Monogatari, Ohno Satoshi…”

“You’re wrong, he’s not Ohno!” Shohei corrected me.

“Eh, who’s he?”

“I think he’s Aiba Masaki!” Shohei answered. “Do we really look the same?”

I just nodded.

*

 Finally my melted heart was comforted.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I planned to make this a one-shot but I felt that I made it too long, so I cut it.

I put part 2 later.

 

Characters:

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRimRN3yF_IyadvAQ4EQbY

Yu Sakamoto (Original Character, but I used the photo of Yoon Eun Hye to grant my sister’s request)

She is the heroine in the story

 

tumblr_liqlo9qUk31qga6tbo1_400.gif

Shohei Asai (from Stand Up see this for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Up!!

He is Yu-chan’s best friend

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWLJlzRMwha_3OahbEJW-

Yatterman (see this for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yatterman_(film)

He is the super idol of Yu-chan

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRpWjGvjROcDHP8N2Fm78

Sho Sakurai

He is the man behind Yatterman

He is the prince charming of our heroine

 

Minor Charcters:

Arashi

Asai Family

Chie Owada

Kirari

An

Female Judge

Gay Judge