02: Springtide

Serendipity

Days had elapsed since Chaerin’s encounter with Soojin and her band of flunkies, although the boys had pressed her to report the incident, she asserted that it was unnecessary. She was confident that they would not dare to further cross her thanks to Lu Han’s foreboding words; recalling Soojin’s desecrated expression she even felt relatively sympathetic for the girl. Much to her astonishment a handful of the girls had approached her with their repentance, including the guilt-ridden female who had swindled her in to their ruse. Feeling that they were sincere in their self-reproach she accepted their apologies, simply happy to leave the whole ordeal behind.

If there was one positive matter to come from the episode it would be that it had served as a means for her to attain the trust of the team. The twelve idols of the school had relinquished their uncertainties, while Chaerin could definitely not say they were close, she could sense the breadth gradually diminish. The adamant manager had learnt all their names and she was also starting to discern some of their characteristic natures and traits—they were unquestionably a colorful bunch.

If things keep going as smoothly as they have these past few days, this might be a pretty good year.


An uplifting melody bubbled from her earphones as she gazed through the glass; lulled by the tranquil chorus she languidly paced down the halls of EXO Academy. Lunch period yielded an opportune time of solitude for Chaerin, the passageways of the high school sparse of students. Regularly, she’d have a secluded lunch in her homeroom, but ever since her two classmates had discovered that she was not as frigid as she appeared, they had ceaselessly badgered her about the basketball team. Drained by their hundredth inquiry, she excused herself and fled, seeking solace in the silence of the hallways. Engrossed with mouthing along to the words of the beloved song and distracted by the pleasing spring scenery, she didn’t notice the twosome traverse beside her.

 “Chaerin-ssi?”

Snapping her head towards the foreign sound she removed her left ear-bud, promptly recognizing the eldest duo of the Wolves. She hastily addressed the pair, “Oh! Lu Han-ssi, Minseok-ssi!”

“I knew it was you,” Lu Han remarked, eyes flickering to her bleached tresses. “I called out to you earlier but you didn’t respond!”

“Sorry, I must not have heard you.” She replied sheepishly.

“It’s alright; where are you headed?”

“Nowhere in particular. I am just walking around.”

Sharing a brief look with Minseok before reverting back to their conversation, he chirped, “If you don’t have any plans, why don’t you join us?”


Under the boundless blue skies, Chaerin stood upon the rooftop of EXO Academy, her skin swathed in the radiance and warmth of the beaming sun. Feathered clouds graced the heavens and on the horizon rested the outlying cityscape of Seoul; awash in admiration she drew a whispered breath, captivated by the surreal splendour.

“Is this your first time on the roof, Chaerin-ssi? The view is quite beautiful isn’t it?” Lu Han beamed.

She concurred, placidly nodding her head, eyes affixed to the panorama. “Come on, let’s join the others.” Insisted Minseok.

Chaerin trailed after the two players, treading to the spot where a quartet of boys were situated along the railing. Immersed in spirited chatter, their bites of food were interspersed with cries of laughter; Lay, Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Sehun, she named off in her head. “Where are the others?” Minseok blurted as the female settled herself beside him, the band of seven forming a broad circle. 

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun hyung are eating with their friends and Suho hyung is studying in the library again. Kris hyung and Tao are buying food; I don’t know where Jongin is.” Sehun disclosed between mouthfuls of his meal. 

“Sunbae-nim is eating with us today?” Lay questioned, turning the focus to the lone female. 

“Yeah, I hope that’s alright.”

“Of course, I just figured that you would rather eat lunch with your friends instead.”

She balked, stunted at his remark. “I actually haven’t made any friends yet…” She stated, her voice thinned.  

Met with silence and inscrutable looks, she began to grow restless. Good job Chaerin, they're probably thinking you're such a loser. But the group of males were liberal with her concession. “Ahh, sunbae-nim you should eat lunch with us from now on.” Lay pronounced, his tone utterly nonchalant. 

“Yeah, the rooftop is the basketball team’s spot, you can always come here." Minseok added, a thoughtful grin emerging on his face. 

Assuaged, Chaerin exhaled. "Thanks, I think I'll do that from now on."  Blithe b from her lips. 

Subsequently, Kris and Tao presented themselves following her words, Sehun perked up, darting to Tao's side. He swiped at the bag of food in the boy's hand, trying to pry the snacks from a rattled Tao. The two youngsters' sportive squabble escalated, the older members joining in with the tomfoolery. Chaerin watched their lighthearted bickering, entertained. With the vivid blue backdrop of the sky and their faces illuminated by the daylight, the blissfulness of their smiles seemed to intensify; pulled along in the sunny ambience, she felt at ease. 


Observing the water stream in to the plastic squeeze bottle,  she withdrew the container from the running faucet when it was nearly b from its capacity​; she then fastened the lid on the weighted bottle. The female manager seized another empty bottle, carrying on with filling the dozen bottles meant for hydrating the members of the EXO Wolves. Wholly absorbed with her duty she failed to sense the arrival of the peppy power forward of the team.

“Let me help you sunbae-nim.” Chanyeol offered, nabbing a vacant bottle marked with Jongin’s name.

“Chanyeol-ssi,” Chaerin greeted. “Practice hasn’t started yet?”

“Nope, the other members are still changing.” He griped, twisting the knobs of the neighbouring tap.

She merely nodded. Quietness befell the duo, only fragmented by the tranquil trickling of water; they reveled in the amity of the moment until he discontinued their reservation in the deep tone of his.

“I've been meaning to tell you that I think you’ve been doing a great job as our manager.”

Chaerin glanced at the debonair boy, his sight honed on the crystalline liquid, but a winsome grin blooming at his lips. "All the members like you, they think you're really cool."

Unsure how to respond, the female was wordless; he carried on. "You know at first we had our doubts about you, but seeing how hardworking and supportive you are, I really regret ever feeling that way."

"I don't blame you guys though; having to deal with those fangirl must be troubleome." she uttered.

"Yeah, it can be quite frustrating sometimes, but we still appreciate their spport."

He paused, the usual upbeat expression on his face replaced by a somber look. "Last year, when we first started playing, no one cared about the basketball team. People didn't even bother coming to our games," Chaerin detected the  poignancy behind his eyes and strained laughter. "But as we started winning, we started gaining supporters. Having all those people cheer for us made us want to work harder and prove ourselves. It's like they gave us strength; because they believed in us we believed in ourselves."

Disengaging from his reverie, Chanyeol waved his hands avidly, color tinging at his cheeks. "Haha, what I'm saying probably sounds really stupid." 

"No, I get what you mean." she assured him. 

"But yeah, compared to indifference, we appreciate the support a lot more. Although, it does put a lot of pressure on us. I'm not sure if we can even make it to the nationals this year, last year felt like a fluke." 

Swayed by his admission, she professed, "I'm sure that you will. I don't know a lot about basketball but even I can tell you guys are good. All the hardwork will pay off, and you guys will definitely make the nationals– maybe even win it." 

“You mean we, sunbae-nim,”he beamed at her playfully. “You’re part of our team now, you’ll help right?”

She wasn't sure whether it was the  bright smile he aimed at her, or the underlying sincerity  behind his words, but warmth aroused in her chest. Even to herself it seemed silly that such a modest statement could make her heart dither; however it was irrefutable that he had made her estatic. “I guess if you need my help I can’t refuse.” she jested.

He laughed exuberantly—a sound that Chaerin found she was growing quite fond of. “Our chances of success have definitely increased now that we have such a cool manager by our side. “


As the twosome entered the gymnasium, the elevated noise level had confirmed that the other members had already began their practice. Chaerin spurred Chanyeol to join the others, the spirited boy effortlessly infiltrating into the foray. She took one final gander, an elated grin teeming from her lips before lugging the crate of filled water bottles towards the benches. Placing the load beside an orderly stack of white towels, she let out a content sigh.  Eyes tracing further down the wooden bench, she sought for her clipboard. Pinpointing it near the end of the bench she strolled over intending to retrieve it, however neglected it altogether when she discovered an unfamiliar notebook planted beside the clipboard. She picked it up to inspect; it was a regular coiled workbook similar to the ones she owned herself, yet it lacked any indicators of whose its owner was on the gossamer navy cover. Glancing over her shoulder, she surveyed the distant players who were wholeheartedly absorbed in prying the ball from one another’s fingers–they were completely distracted. I’ll just take a quick peek, she reasoned,  just to see whose it is.

Flipping it open to the first page she found that unlike her own notebooks that were used for schoolwork, the owner of this particular book had not written a single word in it. Instead it contained a poorly drawn depiction of some indefinite subject. She continued turning the pages, each filled with equally shoddy doodles. The ‘artwork' reminded her of the pieces that small children would create with brightly colored crayons, obscure and illegible, but nevertheless there was still an endearing charm to them. The notion that one of the suave aces of the team had produced the comical scrawlings of the sketchbook  caused her to snicker amusedly.

“What are you laughing at?”

She easily ascertained the husky timbre of the voice that belonged to the stoic co-captain. Despite the natural progression she shared with the other members of the group, she had yet to converse with the enigmatic third year. She found that Kris would only speak sporadically and when he did it was always in a cool and impassive manner. He eyed her as he sipped from the water bottle that she had recently replenished, his standard poker face in place.

“Nothing, someone left their notebook on the bench so I was just seeing whose it was.”

“That would be mine.”

You drew these?” she sputtered in disbelief as she surrendered his notebook. He was the last person she envisioned would be the artist of such juvenile drawings.

“Yep, pretty good huh?”

“Sure.” She murmured, unable to decipher if he was being serious.

“You have a good eye,” Leafing through the pages of his artistry in reverence, a smug grin adorned Kris'  face. “I’m not bragging but if I wasn’t already on the basketball team I would probably be the star pupil of the art club. This is my latest masterpiece, I’m really happy about the way it turned out.” He displayed the aforementioned sketch for the female to behold.

“…what is it?

“Guess.”

Brows knotted in perplexity; there was no obvious way to discern what the eccentric Kris had intended to render in his illustration. Her initial assessment was that the four legged creature resembled a pig but the curved triangle at the corner of what she presumed was the animal’s mouth threw her off. Chaerin amended her interpretation, venturing that it was probably a carnivorous animal, deduction and affiliation formulating the rest of her guess. “...is it a wolf?”

Her eyes widen as she witnessed his earnest smile; different from his typical haughty smirks, somehow the genuine curvature of his lips made his striking face even more remarkable. “You got it! None of the other guys got it right; you’re special. You –“

Their exchange was disrupted by the nagging of an impatient teammate pressing the player to return to court. Kris hollered back disgruntledly before tearing out the image of the wolf and ing it in to the manager’s hand. 

“Here, since you guessed it correctly you can have it. One day it’ll be worth a lot so take good care of it.”

Plopping the notebook on to the bench, he zipped off to join in the game. Chaerin could only remain dumbstruck in her spot as she observed his retreating figure. Who would have thought he could be such a dork.


Room dimmed in the darkness of nightfall, fractured only by the fluorescence of lamplight, the assiduous student twirled the pen deftly in her fingers. Through regular play, a team can score two points for a field goal; baskets made outside of the three-point line are worth three points. Tensed over her desk in concentration, she studied the rules meticulously, toiling with retaining the material in her mind.

Door creaking ajar, the form of her doting younger sibling emerged at the entryway. “Unnie, I finished washing up; you may use the washroom now.”

Unappeased that she had only yielded a listless hum from her sister, Harin sauntered over to the workspace. “What are you doing, “she probed, peering over the girl’s shoulder. “Ahh, you’re reading those basketball books again. You're really taking this manager thing seriously.” She sighed, enveloping her appendages around the elder’s frame, she rested her head against the blonde’s.

Chaerin reared her arms upwards, affectionately patting the junior’s noggin. “Say unnie; are there any cute guys on the basketball team?”

Cocking her head to the side, she feigned indifference. “I haven’t noticed any.” 

“Really? Not even one? Maybe you need to look a bit harder.”

“I’m their manager, I have a lot of duties, alright—I don’t have time to be looking at those kinds of things! Why are you so interested anyway?”

“Unnie, I am only trying to help you out! It’s your last year of high school; don’t you think it’s a waste to not experience something like having a boyfriend?”

Extracting herself from her sibling’s embrace, Chaerin swiveled around in her chair to face the younger girl. “I’m the baddest female Seoul city ever had, I don’t need no boyfriend.” She quipped.

“But this is like the perfect scenario for love—the basketball team and their manager who is always by their side, supporting them; it’s so cute and romantic!”

Chaerin gagged, face stricken with revulsion. “Not going to happen. None of them are my type.”

So you have been looking.” the younger female jeered, her tone cheeky. 

“Aishh, this girl! I’m not going to argue with you any further,” Chaerin huffed, evidently peeved. “I’m going to wash up!” She declared, scrambling out of the room before Harin could utter another word.


Stealing a last-minute glimpse in the mirror, she primmed her plait of hair. Satisifed with her countenance, Chaerin retired from the restroom. Journeying into the vacant halls of EXO Academy, she made her return to the classroom. Stillness saturated the narrow walk ways, with the inhabitants of the school riveted in lessons, the only noise came from the monotonous thrumming of sewing machines of the Home Ec room. Mechanical instruments harmonizing in an invariable rhythm, the unique clunker of an odd student’s machine rebelled against the patterned sequence. Peeking in to the exposed rear entrance of the room she identified the individual accountable for the dreadful racket; the fellow seated nearest the door struggled with the appliance, unleashing a resentful growl at the machinery. Failing to stifle her amused snort, Chaerin had disclosed her existence to the irate boy. She immediately bemoaned her blunder once she grasped it was the brazen point guard of the team, Kim Jongdae.

“Sunbae-nim.” he muttered embarrassedly.

Rooted to the floor, Chaerin voted whether she should just bolt and evade confrontation, however she was barred by his assertion. “You can come in, the teacher stepped out.” 

Tentatively creeping into the room, she akwardly started “So…what are you up to?”

“We’re making aprons,” Jongdae sullenly groused as Chaerin eyed the azure fabric mangled in the teeth of his sewing machine. “I hate this thing! I have no idea how to use it; it keeps going out of control!”

“It sounds like you’re pressing on the pedal to hard.” She grimaced.

“I try to not press so hard on it but this is like the fifth time my apron has been caught in this stupid thing. I give up!”

“Here, let me see.” He skidded out of the way, allowing her to asess the  predicament. Heeding that the jammed needle had ensnared the cloth to the dog feed, she raised the presser foot. Jostling the hand wheel back and forth, she only managed to hike the needle upwards a slight distance, but it was enough for her to snip the conjoining thread. She slightly lifted the apron to cut the fibrils on the underside, finally freeing the material. Removing the slide plate she found that a segment of the bobbin had knotted into a sizable mat; Chaerin clipped the tangled threads and rethreaded the instrument as Jongdae looked on in awe.

Mind whirling,  Jongdae hatched an igenious ploy. “Sunbae-nim, it looks like you know how to manage this thing, how about you sew it for me”

Chaerin scoffed at his proposition, but he persisted. “Please.” he mewled, casting her a coy smile. 

Caving in to the inept boy, Chaerin sighed. She surveyed his handwork, wincing at the jagged seams; it was truly unfortunate, the athlete had no finesse when it came to tailorwork. Employing the scissors, she slit the sloppy stitching, she would need to mend  the perimeters of the fabric over.  Methodically feeding the textile through the mouth of the machine and synchronously treading on the pedals, she skillfully hemmed the fringes of the apron. Sensing him intensely leering, she challenged his stare, “What’s with that creepy smile? Am I doing something wrong?”

“No, it’s just that sunbae-nim you’re so focused. You scrunch up your whole face, it’s kind of cute.” He chuckled.

Cheeks flushing, Chaerin ceased operating the machine. “If you’re going to say weird things then I’m not going to help you!”

“Ahh, but it’s a compliment,” Jongdae simpered at her pout. Cute. He wanted to carry on teasing her, but seeing as the sewing device was still at a standstill, he complied. “I won’t say anything else, just continue.”

She whimsically scowled at the boy, disregardless, Chaerin reassumed her task. Completed, she presented the apron to the underclassmen. Jongdae regarded her efforts, the seams immpecably solid lines running parallel to the edges of the sky-blue material.  “Woah, you’re really good sunbae-nim. It’s so straight! You also finished it pretty quickly too. ”

“," she yelped, taking a glance at her watch, she chided herself for losing track of time. "I said I was going to the washroom, but I’ve been gone for twenty minutes now! I have to go, my teacher is going to kill me!” Bidding Jongdae a rushed farewell, Chaerin dashed out of the room, downright sprinting through the hallways. 

“Thank you sunbae-nim!”He shouted from besides the doorway. Even with the widening distance between them his lively voice still reverberated in her ears, a crooked smile tugging at her lips.


Heart rate accelerating, and ragged breaths surging  from his lips, the muscles is his legs were straining but his mind was nevertheless sharp. Eyes darting  after the familar flashes of orange, Kyungsoo was already drafting  a stratagem to deviate the ball from the center circle to the defenses' key.Migrating southward of  the assemblage of boys, he searched for an cavity in the throng of  towering players. Spying an opening between Kris and Lay, he s over and belllowed to Sehun who had possession of the basketball. He primed himself for the ball's incoming, but Kris — in his attempt to hijack the mass—had swatted it  off  trajectory. Instead of  landing in his hands, the ball whammed squarely in to the off-guard Kyungsoo's face. 

. He staggered, clutching his hands over the lower falf of his face. Eyes clinched in pain, his conciousnesss entirely fixated on the stinging  discomfort—his nose hurt like hell.  

“Hyung! You’re bleeding!”

Without being told, Kyungsoo had already sensed the warm fluid trickle from his nostrils; the blood oozing out so steadfastly that it had begun to seep from his fingers. He could sense his teammates flocking around him, their fracas and commotion merely a disorderly ringing in his ears. Soft hands clasped his, detaching his vise on his nose to impart a package of tissues in to his palms. The dissonance of his teammates tuned out, Kyungsoo peered in to the eyes of the frantic manager, momentarily transfixed. Only brought out of his daze by her promptings to use the tissues.

Younjun parted his way through the members, worry evident on the normally composed coach's face.  “Chaerin-ssi can you bring Kyungsoo in to the boys’ locker room and check if he’s alright. There’s a first aid kit in my office, here are the keys.”

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Kyungsoo dawdled behide the senior as she ushered him off the court. Entering the bereft room,  she directed him to settle himself on a nearby bench meanwhilst she rummage through the coach's room for the first aid kit. Compliant, he  roosted himself on the the seat, absently scrutinizing the packaging of  the tissues. Chaerin shortly reappeared, medical kit in hand. 

Fingers cautiously hovering over the afflicted area, she coerced “Kyungsoo-ssi, let me see if your nose is alright.”

Kyungsoo shifted his hands so they no longer shrouded his nose. “Does it hurt?” He shook his head, although it still bled, the pain had subsided. 

“Well, it seems your nose is fine, not broken or anything.”

Unearthing a cold compress from the first aid kit, she crumpled the packet, dispensing it to him. The chilly object instantly alleviating the hemmorrhage; they bided their time in quietude and within ten minutes the bleeding had let up. 

Noting his sullied semblance, she surged up, “Wait here, I’ll get you a wet towel so you can clean yourself up.”

As he awaited her return, Kyungsoo fretted over his present guise, abashed.  I must look like a mess right now. He suddenly wished that it had not been the female who had to treat him. 

Inattentive to his perturbed state, Chaerin returned with a dampened paper towel, passing it to him. Kyungsoo gingerly swabbed at his  face and hands, trying to evade the scrutiny of the upperclassman. “You still have some blood on your face.” she dotted on her left cheek. 

He blindly swiped at the expanse of skin, hapelessly missing the smudge .“Here, let me help you.”  Taking the moist cloth, she gently dabbed at his face, he could sense that she was nearly as stiff as he was.  

“Thanks sunbae-nim,”he stammered. “Your tissues.”

She reached to collect the package, fingertips brushing the crinkly plastic. “Actually, keep it. In case your nose starts bleeding again,” She sent him a demure smile, enclosing his fingers around the tissue.  “You can head back now; just make sure you’re careful.” she motioned with her head as she gathered the contents of the first aid kit. 

Ambling off, Kyungsoo stole one discreet glimpse before heading out, lips slightly parted. Noona’s hands are so warm…


Swinging her legs idly as she relaxed on the steely bench, she gazed out at the skyline.  The descending sun coercing the heavens in to a stunning fusion of oranges, purples, and blues. Another day was looming towards completion; she merely required the train to arrive and she would soon be homebound. Curious as to how much longer she’d have to wait, she elected to check the time on her watch.

Baffled that her treasured timepiece was absent from her wrist, Chaerin panicked. Scrutinizing every nook and cranny within proximity, her heart sank as she came up fruitless. She willed herself to regain repose, if it’s not in the train station it has to be somewhere else, think Chaerin, think! Franticly mulling over the day’s happenings, she was confident that she had not misplaced the rose-gold wristwatch before  afternoon practice; recollecting that she had checked the time on her way to the daily regimen. She raced away from the platform, retracing her steps back to the school.


Growing more restless that she had not encountered the missing article as she backtracked through the academy, she prayed that it would turn up in her last hope—the gymnasium. Unlocking the lofty door with her given set of keys, she stepped in to the illuminated enclosure. The muted tranquility alienating to Chaerin; she never fathomed how vastly spacious the room was. It was rarely unoccupied by the party of individuals and their rambunctious commotion, devoid of their presences the gym felt abnormally amiss— virtually lifeless. Deserting her introspection of the ambiance, she commenced her hunt for the watch. Starting off with the equipment room, she advanced on to scouring beneath the benches when her cherished belonging did not materialize in the confined space.

Lamenting that she had once again come up empty-handed, she wailed in aggravation. Dismayed, she slumped on to the bench, propping her head against the wall. How could it not be in any of the places she searched? She had practically re-enacted the proceedings of the day. She nearly conceded defeat until she was reminded that there was one lingering spot she had not inspected. I nearly forgot that I was in the boys’ locker room today, I still haven’t checked in there. Marching over to her destination, she faltered at the doorway; it seemed lewd to impede on the male domain especially if the denizens were to be within. Forcefully deliberating, Chaerin ruled that at this point all the boys would be long gone, considering the duration of time had elapsed.

Pacified that her presumption was accurate she breached into the inanimate room. The audacious girl stalked over to the vicinity where she had nursed Kyungsoo’s gushing nose. Crouching down, she began to forage about the area imprudently.

 “Chaerin-ssi?”

Spooked by his unheralded appearance, Chaerin shrieked, leaping to her feet. “You’re still here!? I thought you all left!“ A perplexed Lu Han stood before her, carryall in one hand, the other towel drying his golden brown locks that were dribbling water down his bare chest.   

“I lost in rock-paper-scissors, so I was the last one to shower. I’m about to head home now,”  He seemed to be completely oblivious to how the blonde was dying from embarrassment. “Why are you in the boys’ locker room?”

“Umm, do you mind putting on a shirt first?” her words muddled by the hand she had used to shield her reddening face.

He glimpsed downwards, just recalling his unclothed torso, and uttered a flustered apology. Chaerin averted her eyes as he rummaged through his duffel bag before slipping on a snug shirt. “So, what are you doing in here?”

“It’s not what you think it is! I lost my watch and I was just looking around to see if I had dropped it in here earlier.”

Harkening her proclamation, the male seemed to have full coherence of the affair. “Ahh, wait here,” He ambled off before returning momentarily.  “Is this it?”

Acquiring the commodity, her face lit up when she distinguished it was indeed her wristwatch. “Tao found it earlier, so we placed it with the other lost items. It must be pretty important if you came back to look for it.”

“Yeah, it’s a gift from my father. Thanks a lot Lu Han-ssi.” He simply waved his hand.

“Umm, Lu Han-ssi, do you think you can keep this a secret between the two of us?” She could already envision the pandemonium that would ensue if the other members of the Wolves were to learn of this happening. 

She watched as his face morphed from doe-like innocence to a devious smile. “No way! This is way too funny, I can’t wait to tell the other members!”

“Lu Han-ssi! You can’t,” she nimbly clutched on to the sleeve of his shirt, eyes imploring him to relent. He stiffened, slightly frazzled by their immediacy.She grudgingly groaning, “If the others find out I’ll probably have to transfer schools!"

 “I’m just teasing you Chaerin-ssi, I won’t tell the others.”

“Really?”

 Reassured by the nod of his head, she unclenched her grip on his attire, her uniform blouse sodden by droplets of water that had dripped from his hair.

“I’ll pretend this whole thing never happened if you agree to buy me lunch tomorrow.” Lu Han compromised.

“Deal.”

He pondered for a minute and then cutely crooned “I want custard bread from the cafeteria, please!”

Knowing that she essentially had no choice, she dully assented. Appeased with the arrangement, the older boy persisted. “And milk tea, and mango pudding, also I’d like Tako chips as well!” Chaerin let out an exasperated breath as he continued to add to his list of demands; he was definitely taking advantage of this situation as best as he could. This is going to cost me a fortune, she grumbled. 


AN: It's been a long time, how has everyone been? I am on cloud nine right now, the news of 2NE1's comeback has me so hyped! Finally, after two years of YG's trolling we're now getting a new album from 2NE1, CL even composed some of the songs on it!! And the girl will be going up against SNSD, it's going to be clash of the titans!!  щ(ಥДಥщ) This is going to be one crazy month, I can barely contain my excitement! ( >Д< )  YG better keep his word, no delays, or else I'll have to buy a ticket to Seoul and slap him personally. 

But anyways, thank you for all your comments, subscriptions, and upvotes; it makes me really happy to recieve such positive feedback! As promised this chapter marks the official start of interactions, nothing major though since our Chae is just beginning to familarize herself with the members of EXO. I managed do 5/12 members for this chapter, the next chapter will carry on with the remaining interactions, hopefully I can fit the rest all in one chapter. ^^ The hiatus is over so I will be back to updating regularly, meaning a chapter every week or two weeks  if I'm not lazy

Anyways, please share your thoughts with me in the comments! Hopefully the ensuing days go well for everyone, let's all hang on until 2NE1's slayage of the K-pop scene comeback!