Reassurance

Butterfly Fly Away

 

Uruha woke early to get ready for the day's activities. At seven o' clock, he woke up. At eight thirty, he got out of bed. From nine o' clock to ten thirty, Uruha spent time fixing his hair and make up just the way he wanted. At eleven o' clock, Uruha left his house to take a leisurely walk to the building were they all practice.

Today he decided to take a walk through the park. He always enjoyed the park because it was so quiet. It made it easier to think. Today he had plenty of things to think about. Yesterday, the most amazing thing had happened, and he had to think about it. Uruha had been hurt many times in the past, and he didn't want it to happen again. He wanted to make sure that this was real. He didn't want to get hurt again.

Entering the studio, he was immediately bombarded with questions from an angry Ruki. Believe me when I say, an angry Ruki can be scary, and if you don't believe me, believe Uruha; he had to deal with it.

"We've been waiting forever for you! And you decided to take your time being boring, and walk around the park! Oh geez, can't miss that, can you?" Ruki was mad, and when he's mad, he's extremely sarcastic. Uruha winced at Ruki's tone as he stood there helpless as Ruki continued to yell at him. Aoi walked in just then, and took a moment before registering the fact that Ruki was going into another one of his hissy fits.

"Ruki, give it a rest," Aoi said, then realized that Uruha was Ruki's target, "What's going on?" Ruki went off about how Uruha was late AGAIN. Aoi walked over to them. "Ruki, give it a rest." Aoi placed his hand on Ruki, and led him to the mike now that everybody was there. Sighing, Ruki grabbed the mike. Aoi smiled over at Uruha, and winked. Uruha blushed, and picked up his guitar. Aoi smirked, and did the same.

"Ok, let's start with Regret," Ruki demanded. Exchanging glances, the rest of the band started playing.

Once it was time for a break, Uruha went to go get a bottle of water from the vending machine down the hall. Picking up the bottle, he turned around, only to come face to face with Aoi, only being inches away from hitting Aoi's nose with his own.

"Careful," Aoi said, smiling, grabbing Uruha's arms to stop him from running into him. The surprised expression on Uruha's face made Aoi giggle.

"Sorry," Uruha mumbled, stepping away. Aoi frowned, and ran his fingers through Uruha's hair.

"It's ok…" Aoi whispered, leaning in. Uruha smiled lightly, closing his eyes. They broke apart when they heard the door open, and Kai stepped out into the hallway.

"You guys coming or what?" he asked. Uruha stepped away from Aoi.

"Yeah, we're coming," Aoi said, watching Uruha, who was blushing and inching away. Aoi frowned. He could tell something was up with Uruha, and he wanted to know. Kai went back into the studio, and Aoi went towards Uruha to confront him, but Uruha just followed Kai silently.

After practice, Aoi was sure of what he was going to do, and nobody was going to stop him, although it seemed everybody tried. Ruki stopped him to make sure that he practiced their new song, Kai stopped him to see if he wanted to hang out but Aoi turned him down politely, saying that he had other plans. Kai seemed disappointed but brightened up when Ruki and Reita said they would come over. Aoi looked over the room in search of Uruha, but he wasn't there. Hurrying out the door, he found Uruha walking home. Running up to him, he put a hand on Uruha's shoulder, making him unintentionally jump.

"Sorry," Aoi apologized. Uruha sighed, and turned around. "You didn't say goodbye." Uruha shrugged. "Are you ok?" Uruha nodded. Aoi touched his cheek. Uruha moved his head away. Aoi looked at him with a worried expression. "Tell me what's going on."

Aoi took Uruha to a secluded part of the park. There was a nice marble waterfall, a few benches, and a walkway. Surrounded by trees, it was the perfect place. They sat down beside each other on the side of the fountain.

"Now, what's up?" Aoi asked, taking Uruha's hand. Uruha pulled his hand back away. "Uruha?" Aoi looked at him, a little hurt. "You can tell me..."

"It's not a big deal…" Aoi took Uruha's hand again, and kissed it gently. Uruha looked at him with upset eyes.

"Please tell me," Aoi asked, looking into Uruha's eyes. Uruha shook his head.

"Seriously, it's not a big deal," Uruha told him again. Aoi moved closer, and wrapped his hand around the back of Uruha's neck and kissed his neck.

"Tell me…"Aoi took the skin on Uruha's neck between his teeth, and bit lightly, causing Uruha to jump and whimper, moving away slightly. This only caused Aoi to be more confused.

"Please, Aoi, don't," Uruha said, inching away. Aoi's eyes opened wide when he realized exactly what was going on.

"Uruha, don't worry. You don't have to be nervous about this," Aoi comforted, taking Uruha's hand gently. "It's ok."

"Aoi…I've been hurt too many times. I don't want it to happen again," Uruha said in a small voice, looking at him. Aoi looked at him, and gave him a smile, before pulling his closer, and kissing him sweetly.

"I'll never hurt you."