The Beginning

Butterfly Fly Away

 

The Gazette was sitting around the table in their apartment, drinks in hand, waiting for a dinner that Kai had cooked for them, when Uruha spoke up.

"Why do you figure people say 'have your cake and eat it to'?" he questioned out of nowhere. The others stared at him for a moment.

"Are you serious?" Ruki said, breaking the awkward silence after Uruha's outburst. Uruha nodded. Kai giggled, and Aoi sighed, shaking his head. "It means you can't have everything you want in life, baka."

"That makes no sense. What does cake have to do with any of that?" Uruha questioned. Aoi sighed.

"It's just a saying, Uruha, let it go," he said, getting a bit annoyed at this pointless conversation.

"But it doesn't make any sense. What's the point of having cake if you can't eat it?" Uruha said, making Kai giggle again. Reita randomly popped into the conversation.

"He does have a point," he said. Everybody's head turned towards Reita.

"When did you get here?" Kai asked.

"I've been here the whole time!" Reita exclaimed, staring at Kai. "Are you that blind?"

"Hey! It's not his fault you're always so quiet! You just sit there!" Ruki defended Kai. Uruha watched silently. Aoi got tired of hearing them fight, and escaped to the living room to watch TV. Uruha watched him leave, then got up from his seat, and followed him.

Aoi was sitting, watching the TV, when Uruha walked in. Uruha looked to see what Aoi was watching, only to find that the TV wasn't even on.

"Can I watch TV with you?" Aoi turned his head to stare at Uruha like he was crazy. Tears formed in Uruha's eyes, feeling like an idiot, he turned and walked away.

"Uru, wait," Aoi's voice called to him. Uruha turned his head back to look at Aoi inquisitively. "Come, sit." Uruha walked silently over to Aoi and sat down beside him. "What do you want to watch?"

"You," Uruha thought, not realizing that he said it out loud. Aoi looked at him, a slight blush on his cheek.

"Uhmm, I'm not quite sure what to say to that," he replied. Uruha, realizing that he had said his thoughts out loud, covered his mouth with a gasp as his own cheeks became red.

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that! Honestly, I didn't! Sorry sorry sorry sorry," Uruha apologized over and over again. Uruha was now pacing in front of the couch, biting his nails, obviously really upset about just possibly blowing his cover. Aoi stood up, and walked over to Uruha, stopping him in mid-step. Taking his hands away from his mouth, Aoi sat Uruha back down.

"It's fine. Really. Don't stress over it. Seriously," Aoi told him. Uruha couldn't concentrate on anything Aoi said because he was too busy staring at Aoi's hands still holding his. "Uruha? Uruha can you hear me?"

"Huh?" Uruha said, bringing himself back down to the real world, and looked at Aoi. Damn, he was y.

"I'd rather watch you, too," Aoi said, his voice now barely a whisper to Uruha's ears as the space between them continued to grow smaller and smaller. Uruha gasped a little as he felt Aoi's breath on his skin, making Aoi stop for a moment, before pressing his lips against Uruha's.

Uruha felt like he was flying through the air at a million miles per second. The butterflies in his stomach were ever growing, and he couldn't help but kiss back. Aoi wanted him! Aoi, the person Uruha had been in love with for years, wanted him! How more perfect could this moment be. Uruha wrapped a hand around Aoi's neck and pushed him closer, making Aoi moan. Aoi placed his hands beside either side of Uruha's hips to support him as the kiss grew more intense. Aoi thought about stopping it. He didn't want to make Uruha uncomfortable, not that Uruha was showing any signs of that.

"Damn, that's hot," a voice said from the doorway, making Aoi and Uruha break their kiss with a gasp to look at who was standing in the doorway. Reita stood there, staring at the scene before him. Aoi was now leaning over Uruha, who had his back to the seat of the couch. It was a rather suggestive situation. Aoi sat up, and brushed himself off, before glaring at Reita.

"What a way to interrupt, Reita," Aoi growled. Reita smirked, holding back a laugh as he saw Uruha's now ruffled hair.

"Just doing my part," Reita giggled, "Seriously though, Kai told me to tell you two dinner's ready." Without another word, Reita walked out of the room, and back into the kitchen. Giggles could be heard coming from that area moments later.

Aoi looked over at Uruha to see that he was blushing horribly. Leaning over, Aoi gave him a small, sweet kiss before taking his hand and leading him to the kitchen.

_______________________________________

Thank you, to Megan for your help in starting this story. Such a slow start, followed by a rather..fast ending to a good chapter!

Reviews?

This would be my first Gazette Fanfic that is NOT a one shot!

WOOO!

Hehe