2

The Scientist and The Prisoner

Hyuna had been in the laboratory for almost a month. She'd been moved to another room with a girl called Sungah.

"Hey pretty. Wake up." Sungah shook Hyuna's shoulder, climbing off the bed. "We have testing today."

As Hyuna got down from her bed and started to get dressed, she wondered something.

"..Sungah, what is the point of these tests?" She asked.

The younger girl shrugged. "Beats me, I heard they were going to do an important test on you today. That's what the hot one said anyway." Said Sungah as she pulled her shirt over her head.

"The hot one? Who's that?" Hyuna asked, looking over at her.

"Uh.. The short one. Great s. Brown hair." Said Sungah as she climbed up to her bed.

"Sera? I never looked at her s. I wouldn't know." Said Hyuna.

"Yeah. Sera. Well she bends over a lot I've noticed. You get a great view." Sungah laughed, then there was a beeping noise and an announcement.

"Will Son Sungah please make her way to testing room thirty seven please, thank you."

"..I'll see you later then I guess." Hyuna said, watching the younger girl leave.

A few minutes later Sera came in. "Come on, today you have a really important test to pass."

Sera lead Hyuna into a room. It wasn't like any of the other test rooms though. It was really complex. There was a small box with a chair in it, a huge board and tons of buttons surrounding the box.

"..This looks different." Hyuna mumbled.

"Go into the box and sit on the seat. You'll see a series of people and you have to put thumbs up if you like how they look and thumbs down if you don't." Said Sera.

Hyuna did as she was told and gave many thumbs down to all the people she saw because they were mainly just suited men. Then came the half men, but none of them appealed to her either. The same thing happened with the women. As she was moving to the half part, she noticed a familiar face. Sungah. Then she heard a voice in her mind.

"I know you like what you see Hyuna, thumbs up and carry on."

Hyuna slowly lifted her thumb up for the first time, then there was an alarm. Sera came out of nowhere and into the box with Hyuna.

"What happened? You hesitated." Sera said, frowning.

"I saw Sungah." Said Hyuna.

Sera sighed. "..Testing is over for today.."

She took Hyuna out of the box and sent her back to her room. When she got there, Sungah was sat drawing a picture.

"I saw you." Said Hyuna as she sat on her bed.

"I saw you too. You looked bored in that box." Sungah said, grinning.

"I don't like the tests. Why were you half ?" Hyuna asked.

Sungah shrugged. "They said it was part of a test so I just did it."

Hyuna nodded slowly then closed her eyes and fell asleep again.