Reasons

Scared of the Ocean

“WHAT?!” Minho’s loud voice echoed through the room. Everyone flinched at the anger that was clearly conveyed in his voice.

“Uh, yeah.” Taemin looked at his own feet in fear of the look Minho was surely giving him at the moment.

“What do you mean ‘getting married’? You can’t do that Taemin!” Minho roared.

“Hey, hey, hey. Let’s all calm down now.” Onew tried to calm his enraged friend.

“Can it, Jinki!” Minho shouted at Onew.

“Well then.” Onew scowled at his normally well behaved friend.

“I know it may be hard for you to understand, seeing as you are a human, but we mermaids are living in kingdoms and sometimes those kingdoms will go to war. Taemin decided to marry the prince of the Chinese kingdom in order to prevent a war between our two kingdoms from happening.” Kibum explained, calm as possible.

“Taemin, why? I can’t believe you’d do this. Tell me it’s not true!” Minho’s voice had quieted slightly as he took in the king’s hefty words.

“I didn’t have a choice, hyung!” Taemin cried with a desperate voice. “They threatened to attack us!”

“Taemin-” Minho began but couldn’t finish his sentence. “I guess I’m not as important to you as I thought I was.”

And with those words, Minho left.

******************************************************

“Hyung!” Taemin practically screamed after Minho but his Appa held him back, preventing him from chasing after the man he loved.

“Let him go, Taemin.” Jonghyun said softly to his beloved son.

“But-” Taemin tried to protest.

“You Appa is right, Taemin.” Onew cut him off. “I know Minho and he needs space right now. He needs a chance to process what just happened. He’s not genuinely angry with you.”

“But he told me that I didn’t think he was important!” Taemin practically sobbed.

“He didn’t mean it.” Onew assured the maknae.

“He sounded so devastated.” Taemin was almost in tears.

“Oh, my baby.” Kibum cried rushing to Taemin’s side. “Don’t cry, sweetie. It’s not your fault. You did what you had to do.”

“But, Daddy. He’s still so mad.”

“Minho doesn’t understand.” Onew chimed in. “We live in a society where there are no kings or queens, no grand castles, no kingdoms that fight with one another, and so to listen to mermaid politics is a little difficult. We don’t fully understand the depth of the situation that you were put into. Maybe once you give him some time to calm down a little, you can go and talk to him and explain everything so he can understand.”

“You sure he will listen?” Taemin whimpered.

“Yes, and if you want, I can go talk to him beforehand.” Onew offered kindly.

“Really?” Taemin’s eyes were pleading.

“Sure,” Onew laughed. “Let me go find him.”

And with that, Onew went off in search of his friend.

**************************************

“Hyung!” Taemin’s desperate voice followed Minho as he swam as fast as his tail could take him.

Minho didn’t want to listen to Taemin’s excuses. He knew that Taemin would try to justify his actions.

He would say that he did love Minho.

He would say that he thought Minho hated him.

He would say that Minho was too late.

Nothing could be done about it now.

Nothing could be done about it now.

Those words echoed in Minho’s mind as he found himself out on a balcony overlooking the kingdom. He was too late and as a result, Taemin had moved on. Minho didn’t matter. Why should he? All he did was help keep Taemin confined and away from his family and kingdom, argue with him, and make him cry. Why would it matter whether or not Minho loved Taemin now? It was too late.

“Minho?” A familiar voice called as he heard the door behind him shut.

“Hyung.” Minho sighed as he felt the familiar kind touch of Onew.

“Hey, you were pretty upset back there.” Onew pat his shoulder as he came to lean over the balcony with Minho.

“Yeah, sorry about that hyung. I was rude.”

“Don’t worry about it. happens.” Onew chuckled.

“Thanks.”

“So about what happened…”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Minho growled between clenched teeth.

“Well, too ing bad.” Onew insisted. “You were pretty rude to Taemin you know.”

“I know.” Minho sighed regretfully. That wasn’t his intention, he was just upset.

“You gonna apologize to the poor kid?”

“Why should I?”

“You made him cry.”
“We’re underwater, hyung, he
can’t cry.”

“Har har smartass. He got about as close to crying as possible given our current location.”

“Well that for him.” Minho tried to pretend it didn’t phase him when he heard how hurt Taemin was.
“Cut the crap, Minho. We both know you care otherwise you wouldn’t be out here sulking like a child who got told they won’t be finding a pony under the Christmas tree...again.”

“Okay, that was one time, hyung.” Minho glared at Onew while Onew just laughed.

“Mhm.”

“What’s your point?” Minho asked.

“My point is that you need to get your froggy back in there and apologize to poor Prince Taemin. The kid is devastated that he hurt you.”

“Well, maybe he should’ve thought about this before he agreed to marry that Chinese kid.”

“Well, maybe if you had been faster and hadn’t gotten lost then he wouldn’t have to marry said kid.”

“Are you putting this on me?!” Minho asked incredulously.

“Sure am.” Onew said and pushed himself off the wall and held open the door leading back into the castle. “Now get in there and apologize to a certain prince for you behavior and try to listen to his side of the story. He has a legitimate reason you know.”

“Fine.” Minho huffed as he made his way back into the grand palace in search of a certain prince.

“Stubborn frog face.” Onew grunted as he shut the door.

“I HEARD THAT!” Minho shouted from around the corner and down the hall.

“GOOD! I MEANT FOR YOU TO!” Onew shouted back, laughing.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N:

Well, we're back! No we did not die, although Bre did get herself pretty much disowned (Okay, my mom took my tattoo a little too far! It's like an INCH by an inch. AND IT'S UNDER MY BRA STRAP!! NO ONE CAN SEE THE ING THING!). So maybe that's her justification for waiting so long to edit (Nah, I was lazy)? Anyway, whatever her crap reason is, I'm sorry she took so long.

I really love how many of you guys are commenting and showing your love! We feel soooo loved and we love you all sooo much *hugs you all!!!!!! You are the bestest!

 

Behind the tattoo story: I got a tattoo on Thursday and it's TINY! But my idiot brother didn't delete the message I sent him and  so my mom snooped and found it and FLIPPED ING (if you want to see how she trolled me, I'm uploading the pic on fbook). She pretty much compared me to my mentally slow cousin and told me I was the  family up. EXCUSE ME! I got the tattoo in honor of my brother who is dealing with suicide and depression. He and I play Zelda together when I'm home (by play I mean I read the walkthrough outloud while he does the game playing. It's fun, don't judge) and everyone whos ever played any Zelda game knows the triforce and knows it's the meaning of life and life force. Ta da! My tattoo everyone. 

 

PICTA SPAM (Editor edition)!

jonghyun_is_ia_a_god_by_daxialin-d5qi4pd00003x3s1014315_1403679649902563_2059788424_n.jp My tat. It hurt and it itches like a right now but so worth it.

jonghyun-key-kpop-minho-shinee-Favim.com

80ad919c2ae04c078775c00bcc9fe197.jpgThis outfit makes me think of those stereotypical dutch kids you see in old tv shows. It's...no. Never again, Key. Never again. But, Key has MAN LEGS. It always gets me good when I realize that Key is gorgeous (duh) but he's a man and his legs are like the manliest part of him and it always confuses the outta me cause I NEVER SEE IT COMING.