Tous Les Jours

The Stories of You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don't think this chapter is much longer than the previous one, so I lied. *Hides face in shame, except not really* But I wanted to end this one on a cliff-hanger ^.~ Hope you guys enjoy it<3 And thanks again for the subs and comments! They really motivate me to keep writing *^.^*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Tous les Jours,” Sehun reads in his mind, staring up at the glowing sign above his head.

            Kai has brought him to Koreatown, a part of New York City Sehun hasn’t visited yet. Of course, he had been planning on coming here eventually, if just to see how similar it was to home.

            The café they’re standing in front of looks small from the outside, the entire front made up of glass windows that Sehun can’t really see in due to the glare from the sunlight. Posters and ads have been plastered to the glass, colorful representations of food and drinks.

            “I love this place,” Kai says, reaching out to open the door. “They have really good pastries and stuff, especially since it’s half-French,” he continues, gesturing Sehun in.

            Sehun moves past Kai’s outstretched arm, sighing a little when warm air hits his face, making his nose feel a little less numb.

            And if the café looked small from the outside, it’s definitely an illusion.

            There’s the ordering counter at the front, accompanied by a blackboard that hangs from the wooden roof beams behind it, the menu in white ink. The lights are soft, blurring edges and casting a glow on the assorted pastries artfully decorating a table in the middle of the storefront. From there, the café stretches out, tables and chairs and a sofa laid out in front of a giant projector screen that seems to be playing a Korean television show.

            Sehun’s mouth falls open before he quickly closes it again, aware that Kai has followed him in and is standing next to him, shoulder almost brushing his.

            “Like it?” Kai asks, a telltale grin on his face.

            Sehun nods, his eyes gravitating to the menu, searching for a certain drink he hopes is the-

            Found it.

            “Bubble tea,” Sehun says out loud before he can stop himself, excitement shivering over his skin, accompanied by an actual shiver because he’s still cold.

            Kai glances from Sehun’s face to the menu, confused for a moment, before he understands and looks over at Sehun, who’s still staring at the words “Bubble tea” like a child in a candy store.

            “I’m assuming you already know what you want,” Kai says teasingly, pushing Sehun towards the counter.

            The gentle shove startles Sehun from his daydream, and he blushes.

            Kai watches Sehun stumble up to the counter, hand digging into his pocket for his wallet, and Kai quickly moves to stand in front of him. He’s supposed to be paying for this trip.

            “What flavor?” Kai asks over his shoulder, pulling his wallet out from his backpack, and Sehun blinks in confusion.

            “What? Oh, ummm, Choco,” he answers, understanding the question.

            “Do you want anything else? I had lunch on my break at work, but I didn’t know about you.”

            Sehun shakes his head. “I grabbed something before I went to the darkroom earlier.”

            Kai nods, looking back at the cashier.

            While he orders, Sehun glances around, eyes immediately seeking out anything he finds picture-worthy. It’s something he’s done since he was a child, always looking at the small details and the large details, everything working to form a big picture that is made up of so many smaller moments.

            That’s why he finds Kai so interesting, so picture-worthy. Kai is made up of smaller moments, little stories hidden in his eyes and in the line of his spine and in the way he orders bubble tea, han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter