The Reaction

Play Me

When you and Jihoon reached the quad, the two of you found a waiting Sunhwa sitting by herself and reading one of her text books. You had to admit she almost looked normal sitting there reading like a normal student should, but as soon as you and Jihoon got closer, you spotted that Sunhwa was actually reading a manga that she happened to place ontop of the book. You couldn't help but laugh at her friends corkiness. 

"Sunhwa! We have to tell you something!" Jihoon yelled once the two of you were close enough to Sunhwa, pulling you out of your fun yet pointless train of thought. 

Sunhwa looked up from her manga and smiled at the both of you, tilting her head to the side as if to ask "what" to Jihoon's loud outburst. Jihoon plopped down next to her and nudged her shoulder with his own.

"I told you I wasn't crazy about that kid being part of he mafia; Yejin saw him and understood!" Jihoon yelled with a wide grin plastered on his face. He loved more than anything to be right, especially when it dealt with some creative story that could never actually be true.

Sunhwa glanced at you with her head still tilted and you had no choice but to nod because it did seem as though Jihoon was right.

"Aish, this is what happens when I let you hang out with him. Yejin, you know he can't be part of the mafia!" Sunhwa whined and kept her eyes on you. 

To be frank, you knew that he couldn't really be a mobster's son, but he just had that look to him. Sunhwa shook her head and slammed her book shut.

"We're going to go find him so I can see this "mobster" face-to-face." Sunhwa said, collcting all of her stuff and pulling the two of you along.

You and Jihoon just exchanged looks before walking with Sunhwa.

"We don't even know where he is plus, it is really a good idea to bring Yejin with us? Her cheeks were red hot when he came near her." Jihoon said with a small laugh. You hit Jihoon with all of your strength as your cheeks turned a bright red again.

"Is that true Yejin? Wait-- when did you get near him?!" Sunhwa stopped and whipped around to face you causing you to drop your head.

"She bumped into him and he stepped all over her stuff." Jihoon said, trying to contain the pure amusement building up in his system. Once again, you hit him and Sunhwa just shook her head and started to walk again.

To you, it seemed pointless to walk around because you were about ninty-five percent sure you wouldn't find the kid, the campus was huge. Finding one kid was like finding a needle in a stack full of other needles and a select few pieces of hay. Somehow though you knew Sunhwa would be able to find him. The three of you continued walking around for what felt like hours, youu and Jihoon simply following after Sunhwa since she looked like she knew where to go. 

"Yah, Sunhwa, if you don't know wh--" Jihoon began saying before Sunhwa cut him of with a soft shh and a hit to the arm. She pointed over at a bench that was in a low traffic area of the school. 

Both you and Jihoon looked over at the bench and were greeted by the view of the new kid sitting on the bench with a cigarette in his hand and a pen in the other. There was a notebook in his lap and he actually almost looked like a nice kid minus the cigarette in hand. As you were admiring him, Sunhwa grabbed your arm and dragged you over to where he was sitting. You tried your best to stop yourself with your feet but there was no use; Sunhwa was just stronger. Once the two of you were in front of him, Sunhwa cleared loudly to get his attention and sure enough, he looked up. His eyes immediately jumped between the two of you but ultimately landed on you. 

"What do you want?" He hissed out at both of us. You could see the pure confusion and anger on Sunhwa's face.

"I was just here wandering why you had bumped into my friend and thought it'd be okay to step all over her stuff while you were at it." Sunhwa spat back at him. 

At Sunhwa's words, you could see the boys lips turn into a grin as he shook his head in disbaleif. With a heavy sigh he closed his book and stood up, "Is that what she told you? She bumped into me, I didn't see the point in helping someone who didn't even apologize to me."

Sunhwa furrowed her brows and the boy simple shook his head and pushed his way past us. Sunhwa's gaze followed him as he left while yours stayed on the bench where he was sitting. You tilted your head to the side and walked up to the bench and looked at the object he had left on the bench, a pack of cigarettes. Without a second thought you grabbed them and threw them in your purse. You didn't smoke, so you had no clue what it was that brought you to take them. That's when Sunhwa and Jihoon both came up beside you and looked at the bench along with you.

"You should stay away from him, Yejin." Sunhwa said whilst avoiding eye contact with you. You looked up at both Jihoon and Sunhwa. You found it unbelievable that both of them were telling you stay away from a guy you couldn't even see yourself being attracted to. 


 

Author's Note: Alright, thank you guys for being patient. To be honest, I wasn't going to update but then I saw how many people actually enjoyed the story so I thought I'd try and continue it. I know this chapter is a little bleh, but it's kind of like a filler chapter. I hope you like it anyway, I'd really love if you could tell me how to make my writing/stories better because I'm really lacking in writing skills. Also, I'm sorry that the chapter is kind of short..