Lover's Wrath

Night Terror - Interactive Story

I'm adding a Changelog at the beginning of each chapter so you can see what your votes & karma points affect. Also there's a newly implemented Wild Card System. Simply put, it's a system to reward the readers with extra karma points (valid for one chapter only). Alright, I'm gonna stop talking here. Enjoy reading folks! 

PS: For AFF readers, Voting began on upcoming 3rd Chapter.

Changelog:

- Majority votes is A, Eunjung will start 2nd day on Qri's instead of Jiyeon's. Also choosing A option, nets +7 karma for Eunjung and + 2 for Qri.

- Eunjung -15 karma, leads to another trip to Tartarus, also encounter with Jieun, Narsha & Nergal the shapeshifter.

- Jiyeon +6 karma, leads to an eunyeon moment at cafe Nyx instead of Eunjung simply leaving.

- Hyomin +3 karma, extra scene to reveal more of Hyomin & Eunjung's background story.

- Soyeon & Boram's + 2 karma, leads to another girl's night out instead of Eunjung simply asking Boram about the curse.

- Sunny moved into the support cast category. (I thought it's better this way since the character I'm basing her from is a support char in the game.)

- Jieun to be added into main cast category, investing karma points into her will reveal more of her dark past. Also, the connection between her and a certain character.

- Narsha to be added into support cast category.

 

 

2ND NIGHT: LOVER’S WRATH

 

 

“Not here again...”

 

Eunjung dropped to her knees. The air of dread surrounding the corridor seems thicker than before, or maybe it’s because of her wallowing in misery. She shook her head, desperately wanting to believe that none of this is real. That waking up is possible if she tried hard enough.

 

And yet, she can’t. No matter how hard she pinched her cheek, or slaps herself over and over. It just confirmed one thing. Pain is real, even in this realm of nightmare.

 

Is this even a dream or is it reality?

 

Eunjung could sit here all day, waiting for a moment of clarity, but it wouldn’t be wise. This place is dangerous, who knows what foul creatures lurking in its corners. As she stand up and turn her gaze forward, Eunjung realized something is different this time.

 

The corridor has windows, unlike before. Eunjung walked to the nearest window, hoping to find any clue of her location. But, what she saw outside is nothing but blackness. Not even a single star in the pitch black sky, nor even trees. However, as she looked to the side, she saw a faint light radiating from another window. That should be a good place to start.

 

The light source doesn’t look very far, and it is. Just few minutes of walking and the surrounding is getting brighter. Finally, by the end of the corridor is a large open area with no ceiling. To her surprise, a lot of people are here. This place must be some sort of sanctuary. Both men and women, some of them are weeping, sitting rounded in groups. They all had one thing in common, the look of despair on their faces.

 

When Eunjung entered the area, she noticed the light source came from a luminescence that shone from high above, casting tall shadows as it illuminated down on the people. It feels divine, yet abysmal at the same time. As if it’s the ray of judgment from the angels. The area itself resembles a grand hall, with stairs in each corner leading to a huge door upstairs.

 

“Why? Why, can’t I wake up?”

 

“What is that thing? Oh, God...why is this happening to me!”

 

“This isn’t real! None of this is real! It has to be...right?”

 

Their lamenting caught Eunjung’s ear as she passed by, it seeps into the soul, and diminished her spirit by each second she spare to listen. Eunjung wanted to mingle and see what kind of information these people could provide, but none of them seem remotely stable to answer a question. It’s best to carry on immediately.

 

Eunjung ascended the left stairs, to where the huge door is. A woman is standing in front of it, dressed in velvet lace dress and black boots. She is quite small, slender-stature, had a pale skin, and long chestnut hair waving down to her back. Strangely, her face is hidden behind a finely decorated – golden lynx mask.

 

“...Looks like you survived.” She said without looking.

 

Eunjung gaped, “That voice...I recognized that voice. It’s you back in the corridor, was it?”

 

“So you remember,” She turned to face Eunjung, “But, don’t get me wrong. I don’t go around helping random people. I’m not a saint. From here on out, I am afraid you’re on your own.” 

 

“Well, I understand that...but, could you at least tell me – what is this place?”

 

Tartarus...” She whispered. Eunjung can sense deep aversion in her voice, like she is uttering the name of the devil himself. “I don’t know anything, but the name. One thing’s for certain, though...If you die here, you die in real life as well.”

 

“D-DIE...?!”

 

Eunjung’s eyes widening in shock. How is such a thing even possible? It doesn’t make any sense!

 

“If you see this place once, it’s all over,” The girl continued, putting one hand on her hip as she speaks. “You’ll keep having nightmare every night and sometimes, you will ended up here.”

 

“Every night?! You’re kidding me! Is there even a way out of this?”

 

The girl shrugged. “Look, I have no idea, okay? And honestly, I am here for another reason. I’ll tell you one thing though. Don’t lose your hope...it keeps you sane, unlike the people downstairs. Those who panic die first.”

 

Eunjung still had so many questions, but the girl already turned her back. She touches the door and it swung open.

 

“Wait! Could you at least tell me your name?!”  

 

“Jieun.” She said without looking back, and just like that the mysterious girl left.

 

*****

 

Afterwards, Eunjung tried to follow Jieun, but she is nowhere to be found. Beyond the door is a maze-like area with many elaborate paths and intersections. It’s also dark and only dimly-lit by candle sconces along the wall, thus hindering directional sense. Let alone finding Jieun, even returning to the entrance is impossible by this point.

 

Don’t lose your hope...it keeps you sane.

 

Jieun’s words keeps ringing in her mind. But, talking is easy. How is one supposed not to lose hope in face of such adversary?

 

After what seemingly like hours of walking, Eunjung finally feels the exhaustion getting into her. She crouches down, leaning against the wall. She is about to take a breather when she catches a sudden glimpse of Jieun’s velvet skirt disappearing into a corner.

 

“Hey, wait up!”

 

Eunjung quickly chase after her. She turned around the corner, but no one is there. That’s weird...I just saw her went this way. Is it just my imagination? Eunjung scratches her head. Maybe she just missed her, that’s all. Even if she wanted to give chase, the path ahead seems rather intricate.

 

Eunjung decided it would be best to return before getting lost further. She turned around, to her surprise, someone was standing there. A girl dressed in velvet.

 

“Jieun?” Eunjung asked. She waits for her answer, but there was none. Instead, Jieun moves closer. Somehow, the girl looks rather off. Eunjung knew she’s not much of a talker, but her silence this time feels unsettling.

 

Suddenly, Jieun pushed her to the floor. Eunjung tried to resist, but Jieun is surprisingly strong for a woman. No, she’s even stronger than a man. That shouldn’t be possible for such slender arms. This person...or thing couldn’t possibly be Jieun. It’s a Doppelganger.

 

“Get off me!”

 

Eunjung fought harder, but to no avail. She watched in terror as the Doppelganger’s mask splits vertically, revealing a set of sharp teeth. Eunjung screamed, eyes widening at the sight of impending doom.

 

The Doppelganger lunge its head down, aiming at the girl’s neck. But, suddenly a blade emerges from the creature’s forehead. As it shrieks in pain, someone swiftly took Eunjung’s arm and drag her away.

 

“Jieun? Is that really you?” Eunjung still caught up between shock and relief, but she recognized her savior. Hopefully, it’s really her this time.

 

“Yes, I noticed that thing following me. Sorry, but truth is...I’ve been using you as a bait.” Jieun explained as she runs.

 

“You, WHAT?!”

 

“Is this even the right time to get angry?” She scoffed, dismissing Eunjung’s annoyance. “Come on, follow me. I know where the exit is.”

 

Jieun led the way through the labyrinth, making sharp turns at high speed. She knew the Doppelganger is just behind them. These watchers, they possess supernatural speed and strength. Under normal circumstances, no ordinary man could hope to last against them.

 

But, no one is without weakness, the watchers maybe strong but they’re not really smart. Not to mention their tendency of belittling their prey. It’s not difficult to outsmart them, as long as you keep clear head, and Jieun knows this well.

 

However, these creatures always have hidden tricks up their sleeve.

 

A long silhouette lashes to Jieun’s side. It happens so fast, she doesn’t have the slightest chance to respond. It slammed her against wall, rendering the girl unconscious.

 

“Jieun!” Eunjung shouted, but she didn’t flinched. The Doppelganger is slowly approaching, its hands had transformed into a pair of huge whip. The foul creature crouches down, creeping on top of Jieun. It doesn’t pay any heed to Eunjung, who held Jieun’s blade over its head.

 

“Hey, monster!” She exclaimed. The Doppelganger turned its head, snarling. “Think fast!” With a swift movement, Eunjung slashed downward, chopping its head off.

 

The head lets out a sharp cry of pain, as the body convulsing wildly. After squirming for a while, they disintegrate into dust.

 

Is it over? We’re safe? Eunjung dropped the blade in an overwhelming sense of relief. She immediately ran to Jieun’s side.

 

“Jieun! Jieun!” Eunjung shook her limp body repeatedly. After a while, Jieun finally uttered a small groan. “Th-Thank God...” Eunjung heave a sigh of relief.

 

“My, oh my...”

 

A voice came from behind. Eunjung turned around. A red haired woman is standing behind them, dressed in scanty leather outfit. Besides the clothing and ghost-pale skin, she looked quite normal. However, her presence doesn’t feel human at all. It’s chilling, perturbing even. Also, her expression is stone cold – as if devoid of all emotions.

 

“First Ereshkigal, and now Nergal. That’s very impressive.” She looked down and starred deep into Eunjung’s eyes. “I like you, daughter of Eve. You’re our most fascinating guest...yet.”

 

“Did you just say our guest?" Eunjung’s voice changed into a tone of suspicion. “Who are you?”

 

“I’ve been called many names thorough centuries, but to the accursed, I’m always known as Narsha – The keeper of Tartarus.”

 
“You’re the keeper of this dreadful place?” Eunjung asked. She is about to barrage her with series of questions – but Narsha interrupted by raising her hand.

 

“Daughter of Eve, a trial will be upon you soon.” Narsha said. She leaned down, running her finger over Eunjung’s hair. Though her expression is still indifferent, there’s a slight affection in her gesture.

 

“I’m not allowed to have favorites, but I’ll be cheering for you. After all, we haven’t had an amusing guest for a while...”

 

“W-Wait a second...” Eunjung interrupted. Somehow, she’s a little creeped out by the sudden closeness. Also, Narsha’s hand is really cold, instead of comforting – her touch was an unsettling sensation.

 

“Can’t you explain some more? What do you mean by trial?”

 

Narsha put a finger on Eunjung’s lips. “Shush,” She whispered gently. “I talk too much already, and it’s time for you to wake up...”  

 

The last thing Eunjung remembered are Narsha’s fingers blocking her sight. Afterward, everything turns white, and her consciousness fades away.

 

*****

 

BEEP...BEEP, BEEP...BEEP!

 

The alarm clock rings over the nightstand. Normally Eunjung would be irritated, not this time though. She’s nothing, but relieved to hear that obnoxious sound. It means she’s back to reality, and the horrid nightmare has ended...for now.

 

But, something is wrong. That alarm sounds different...

 

Eunjung quickly gets up, observing her surroundings. There is a pink sheet, lavender wallpaper, and white rug. She knows where this is...it’s Qri’s room. Problem is she doesn’t remember how she ended up here. It’s another blackout, again.

 

While she’s pondering, the door swung open. Qri rushes in, her face is stern and brow furrowed. She sits beside Eunjung. “Good morning.” She said, but her tone isn’t pleasant at all. In fact, she doesn’t even take one glance at Eunjung.

 

Aaaawww, sh*t....    

 

Eunjung knew that tone. Qri always use that voice whenever she’s vexed. “Qri? Babe?” Eunjung said nervously. Her hand reached up to Qri, but the older girl suddenly turns to her – shooting daggers from her eyes.

 

“It’s freaking two in the morning, Jungie!” She yelled, “Picking someone who’s too drunk to go home at two in the morning? Are you a college girl, huh?!”

 

Eunjung winced. The sudden loudness feels like someone just rings a bell in her head.

 

“You’re almost twenty-five...when you’re going to learn some responsibilities?” Qri still had a lot to say, but she hesitated when saw Eunjung holding her head in pain.

 

“Qri, please...can’t you keep it down? I have a hangover.”

 

“You’re so hopeless...” Qri toned her voice into a whisper. “I knew this is going to happen. I already made a cure.” She left, and later returned with a glass of crimson liquid, garnished with celery stalk.

 

“Nice, Bloody Mary!” Eunjung perked up at the sight of the cocktail.

 

“You wish! It’s Mary. No more alcohol for you!” Qri scowled.

  

“No Vodka? But, then it’s just a glorified tomato juice...” Eunjung whined, but she drinks it anyway, and later squirming in disgust. Qri have added a gratuitous amount of Tabasco into the mixture, making it extra spicy. On the bright side, the hangover has gotten a lot better.

 

“Did you feel better?” Qri asked. Eunjung nodded as she holds her nose, one hand flapping wildly. “Good, because I still had a lot on my mind!”

 

“Wait, wait, wait...!” Eunjung put her hands on Qri’s shoulder. still aching from the spicy drink, but she tried to put on a sincere voice. “I was wrong, I am sorry. It won’t happen again.”

 

Qri sighed. She leaned in closer, her hand reaching out to Eunjung’s hair and it gently. “Listen, Jungie...I may be hard on you, but if something like this ever happens again...promise you’ll call me, okay?

 

“Yeah, I promise.” Eunjung replied briefly. Her lips curled into a thin smile. She’s glad to be with Qri today, her hands are really warm – unlike Narsha’s. Qri maybe strict, demanding and sometimes she acted more like her mother rather than a lover. But, Eunjung didn’t hate that side of her. After all, it’s nice to have someone who cares.

 

*****

 

It’s Saturday and Cafe Nyx is packed with more customers than usual. Thankfully, Qri already reserves a table beforehand. Qri rarely cooks. She prefers organic catering but, Eunjung despised eating that tasteless stuff. That’s why they decided to eat out for breakfast.

 

“I can’t find my phone, did you have it?” Eunjung asked while browsing through the menu.

 

“Oh, yeah...I have it right here.” Qri scrambled through her purse, and took out a phone. Eunjung is about to take the phone, but Qri suddenly jerked away.

 

“By the way, who’s Park Jiyeon?”

 

Eunjung almost screamed. She can feel her heart just skipped a beat. Did she just say?!

 

“Look, you called her once before I picked you up, and she’s been calling you a few times since last night. Who is she?”

 

Damn it, Hahm Eunjung! Quick, think of anything or she’ll kill you!

 

“She’s...uh, a client! You know that’s my business phone, right?” Eunjung laughed weakly.

 

Qri raised an eyebrow, “Really? A client calls you after midnight?”

 

“Oh! Umm... actually, I’m supposed to work overtime yesterday. But, I...uh, kinda skipped it?”

 

“What?!” Qri gasped.  “Jungie! That’s not good! You have to take your work seriously!

 

Eunjung grabbed her tea cup, took a large gulp and exhaled. Crisis averted! Well...Qri is still angry, but at least she isn’t suspicious anymore.

 

“Anyway, you have to learn to be a responsible adult. How can we hope to get married if you’re like that?” Qri frowned. “Not only on your job, try handling your financial better too. You always throw your money away on those late night drinking. You know they aren’t cheap, right?

 

“Oh...I guess...” Eunjung answered half-heartedly while Qri continued her rambling. Normally, it’s hard enough to focus while Qri does her infamous rants, and having a poor quality of rest didn’t help at all.

 

Eunjung is getting sleepier, her eyelid slowly shutting.

 

“...So, I’ll be handling our bank accounts.” She faintly catches Qri’s ongoing rant.

 

“Oh, goody! You’re still serving breakfast!” A girl giggled in a high pitched voice. “What’s your specialty? Spicy linguine with clam sauce, huh? That sounds delicious!”

 

Wait a sec...

 

Eunjung’s eyes shot wide. She turned around in haste, eyes shifting left and right like a paranoid. It can’t be right? It’s just my imagination!

 

“Hey, listen to me!” Qri slams a fork into her medium-rare steak, driving Eunjung into a yelp.

 

“I-I’m listening!” Eunjung’s face turns pale when she watches red sauce pooling from the steak. “Mmm, m-my head hurts, really bad, I think I need to use the bathroom...”

 

“Jungie...You’ve been acting weird today.”

 

“N-N-No, It’s just the hangover...but, I’m fine, really!” Eunjung said in panic.

 

“Don’t worry, I don’t mind sitting in the smoking section.” The girl voice is closer than before.

 

Eunjung feels her heart skips another beat. “Ah, hey...is this the smoking section?”

 

“Huh? Well, yeah...” Qri said with a nod. Her brow furrowed in suspicion. “Oh, right. You’ve got to quit smoking too. It’s not good for your health.” Qri said, not paying attention to Eunjung, who’s face looks like her soul is about to be taken away.

 

“Bathroom! Gotta go! Right now!” Eunjung dashed away, leaving Qri in bewilderment.

 

*****

 

Now what?

 

Eunjung sighed as she turns the faucet on. The sensation of cold water against her skin really cleared her mind. Thinking of the current situation, it would be best to make an excuse and leave before things went south. But, what should she say to Qri?

 

Hmmm....maybe something work-related would do. She did, always reminds me to take my job seriously. Eunjung nodded to herself. Yeah, that could definitely work!

 

Eunjung doesn’t like lying to Qri, but she rather resolve this matter by herself. Besides, if a lesson can be learned from those cheesy dramas on TV, it’s that two lovers meeting each other never bring a good outcome – especially for the cheater.

 

Just as she finished straightening herself, and about to walk toward the bathroom door, it suddenly swung open.

 

“I found you!” Jiyeon says with a wide smile.

 

Eunjung shrieked. Her expression isn’t much different than someone who just saw a ghost. She flinched back, propping herself against the bathroom’s wall.

 

Jiyeon moves closer, putting one hand on the wall as she leans on Eunjung’s chest. Her other hand slowly caressing the other girl’s hair. “This must be fate, isn’t it?” Jiyeon playfully runs her fingers down from Eunjung’s face to her chest. “Do...you...still...miss me?” Each word, she blows intimately to Eunjung’s ear.

 

Eunjung blushed. She wants to push Jiyeon away, but a small part of her wished Jiyeon would continue. How could she not, when Jiyeon is standing so close, sending her heart racing with deadly mix of bewitching charm and alluring, fragrant perfume?

 

“W-Wait a second, what do you mean I still missed you?”

 

Jiyeon grinned. “Mmm? You don’t remember?” She twirls her hair, while her other hand make its way inside Eunjung’s shirt. “You know, there’s only one reason to call a girl after midnight...” Jiyeon leans closer, whispering to Eunjung’s ear. “You’re saying...You wanted to ravaged my—“

 

“YAAAAAAHHHH!!!”

 

Eunjung screamed, not because of the sheer embarrassment. It’s because she could hear the sound of footsteps approaching. The door swings open. A group of teenage girls enters the seemingly empty bathroom. They’re too busy chattering to notice Eunjung and Jiyeon hiding in a nearby stall.

 

Wheeew...That was clos—

 

Eunjung swallowed another scream, there’s a familiar wet sensation to the back of her ear. “What are you doing?” She whispered to a really close Jiyeon.

 

Teehee...keep it down, or they’ll hear us...not that I mind though.”

 

“Stop it, I’m serious!”

 

Did she listen? Of course not, instead Jiyeon put a finger over Eunjung’s lips to silence her, and continues pecking her neck. Even if Eunjung wanted to complained, nothing left her lips other than incoherent stammering. Soon, Jiyeon’s kisses turned into bites, and then on Eunjung’s delicate skin. At this rate, Jiyeon could leave hickeys all over her neck! What if Qri saw that?

 

Torned in-between lust and logic. Eunjung is too confused and wanted to resist, but her body always went numb whenever it comes to Jiyeon. Why does my body acting weird? Do I really desire her that much?

 

Thankfully, the chattering outside is fading. “Sorry, I, uhh...have a dentist appointment!” Eunjung said, mustering all of her strength to shove Jiyeon aside. She hastily opened the stall, and flees without looking back at the still dazed Jiyeon.

 

*****

 

“Sorry about that, something came up at work...yeah, I know...I promise I’ll make it up to you. “

 

Eunjung hangs up after bidding Qri a romantic farewell. She lets out a long sigh, knowing her words held no sincerity at all.

 

So...Okay, I cheated on Qri...this is bad, this is really bad...But, I didn’t make a move...She forced herself on me...And, why can’t I remember doing any of this?!

 

Whilst in the middle of contemplating, a sudden loud ringing startles Eunjung. It originates from her pocket. Eunjung checked her phone, a new message displayed on top.

 

I’m hungry! Join me for lunch? *wink wink

-HYO-

 

Now that she thinks about it, Eunjung realized she barely ate earlier. That notion sends her stomach growling. She replied without further delay, obviously in positive response. Let’s worry about that later. Right now, I am gonna die if I don’t eat.

 

*****

 

PSSSSHHHH...

 

Sound of three-layered pork belly sizzling on the grill. Eunjung and Hyomin stared in awe as the red meat, basked in fat juices turned brownish. Not to mention such an appetizing aroma, it could only be described as heavenly. They gulped, swallowed in their nearly dripped drools and grabbed a piece of the well-cooked meat.

 

There was long a silence as they stuffed their mouth with the sweet-savory sensation. Soon, its broken by their simultaneous spouting of unrefined, yet intentionally appreciative words.

 

Hyomin leaned back, eyes shut in pure bliss. “Damn, samgyeopsal here is the best.”

 

Eunjung leaned back as well, “I know right? We should do this more often.” She said. “Can you believe Qri hates this stuff?” That’s right. Qri would cringed and said something like, How can you put THAT in your mouth?

 

Hyomin groaned. “Well, I do get it. Her being a model means she had to watch her figure and all, but...sometimes, I don’t understand how you two are still together. You girls had nothing in common.” 

 

“Hey...It’s not like that. She’s not bad, really.” Eunjung frowned.

 

“Speaking of Qri...that’s just reminds me.” Hyomin turns to Eunjung, and grinned, “You know how they say every guy has three hot streaks with the ladies in his life? This is your third.”

 

“Hot streaks? When the hell were the other two? And, I am not a guy!” Eunjung protest, but only to be greeted with Hyomin’s stifled laughter. “Oh, please...the temps are still asking me if we’re dating.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Anyway, back in high school, you were the most popular with girls. Can you believe it? They even build a fan club for you.” Hyomin said, lips forming a derisive smile. “People might say Koreans are homophobic, but truth is, chick digs pretty boy like you.”

 

“I-I-I had no idea about that!” Eunjung eyes widen, perplexed by the statement. “So, uhh...what’s the other two?”

 

“The second time, you were in the zone when you started dating Qri. You should look at yourself, winning the heart of a supermodel without a single penny next to your name. Seriously Jungie, your face might be the only good thing about you!”” Hyomin chuckled as Eunjung’s ears turned red from embarrassment.

 

But, Hyomin’s cheerful disposition quickly turned into a rather gloom one. “Although, that’s over if she finds out you’re cheating on her...”

 

“Crap, man...She probably gonna kill me...” Eunjung said, scrambling her hair in frustration.

 

Hyomin tried to put a reassuring smile, though it’s clearly doesn’t come out as intended. “W-Well...that depends, right? How bad it is? Did you do that already?”

 

Eunjung muttered something that sounds like a maybe.

 

“You sl*t...”

 

Eunjung gasped, and then slammed her hand on the table. “That’s rich coming from you! How many guys got heartbroken this month, huh?”

 

“Hey, I am different! I don’t sleep around!” Hyomin glared. “Besides, so what if I haven’t made my decision? I’m not ready for a serious relationship yet. Not my fault, right? I already warned them too...they just don’t listen.”

 

Eunjung grumbled, but she can’t continue acting livid when her best friend just confides her feelings.  Ever since her big break up, Hyomin had been dating a lot. Mostly it’s just one date, and she moves on if she’s not interested. Eunjung tried to straighten Hyomin once, but that doesn’t end well. For now, she rather just gives her some space...

 

“Holy sh*t!” Hyomin suddenly exclaimed. “The meat is getting burnt!”

 

“What?!” Eunjung shouted. They both simultaneously launched their chopstick at the last piece of meat, and landed on each opposite side of it.

 

Hyomin clenched her jaw, bent on not loosening the grip on her chopstick. “Hey, let go...or I’m telling everyone there’s a gay girl here.”

 

“Bite me. They probably think you’re my girlfriend anyway.”

 

“You think I care? I’m not into you. Don’t flatter yourself.” She scoffed.

 

The situation closely resembles a stare down between two predators. Whoever flinches first would lose her right to the meal. Although, when Hyomin opened shouting, “Hey, look everyone—” That’s already more than enough to make Eunjung backed away with a loud yelp.

 

*****

 

Night time, at Stray Sheep Pub.

 

The group already seated at their usual booth. They always spend Saturday night together, unless Soyeon had a date with her fiancé. Jonghyuk is on a business trip though. He won’t return until next week, which explained Soyeon’s mood swings lately. But, they’re not here to discuss Soyeon’s private life tonight, instead...

 

“You pig...” Soyeon said, voice carrying unmasked disdain. “Jungie, you’re the worst!” Sunny huffed and looked away. Unlike usual, Soyeon nodded in agreement with her.

 

“Oh man...” Eunjung glanced at Hyomin, silently asking her help, but Hyomin just shrugged in her seat. “I’m gonna need more drink for this.”

 

“Hmm? Did I hear someone says more drink?” Boram swoops in. She’s infamously known for having sharp ears that can catch any passing gossip, hence earning her the title of rumormonger waitress.

 

“Sure. Your strongest rum, please.” Eunjung said. She stared at Boram with dead eyes.

 

“Whoa, someone is in big trouble.” Boram says, which made the whole group – except Eunjung, holds back their laughter. The strange feedback makes Boram raises an eyebrow, “Anyway, have you girls heard about the Lover’s Wrath?”

 

“Oh please, I don’t keep up with whatever idols spouting their nonsense songs these days.” Soyeon said.

 

Boram would have face palmed if she weren’t too eager to gossip. “That’s not a K-pop song, Sso. It’s a curse... They say it targets cheating people and kills them, or not.”

 

Eunjung froze midway through her drink when she heard those last words. “W-Wait, what? What exactly is this Lover’s Wrath?”

 

“Ah, you don’t need to worry about it. You only care about your girl, Jungie.” Boram said.

 

“What are you talking about? That girl totally needs to know.” Hyomin commented sarcastically. “Cheating is pathetic.” Sunny said, puffing her cheek. “I agree with Sunny, pathetic.” Soyeon added.

 

“Who are you calling pathetic?! Shut up and eat peanuts, stupid Sunny!” Eunjung snapped. She grabs a small peanut from the table and flings it, hitting Sunny straight in the eye. She snarled in response, but Eunjung pay her no heed.

 

“Huh, what?” Boram’s eyes widen as she grasp the subtle insinuation. “You’re cheating? Weren’t you talking about marriage?”

 

“Why don’t you say it louder?” Eunjung yelled in vexation. “Seriously, can’t you guys stop yelling about cheating and sh*t? I think someone on Mars doesn’t quite hear you!”

 

Hyomin hid a smile, watching Eunjung getting all riled up is always amusing to her, but it’s time she stepped in before someone else gets hurt. “Alright girls, that’s enough! You know the drill, she’s drunk, and she doesn’t remember anything, so give her some space. Also, no words left this bar. Yes, I am LOOKING AT YOU TWO.” Hyomin stares intensely at Sunny, and then at Boram who giggles nervously.

 

“I understand, but...we haven’t heard anything about this girl.” Soyeon said, throwing curious gaze at Eunjung. “Yeah, what does she looks like? Is she cute?” Sunny added. She got the same eagerness as Soyeon in her eyes.

 

“Stop asking about her! It’s not like I’m in love or something.”

 

“So, you’re not serious with her?” Boram asked. “If she’s cute can you hook me up, Jungie? You got a picture?”

 

“No, I don’t have her pic. She’s not your type anyway!” Eunjung raised her voice. Boram might be her childhood friend, but her nosiness can be galling sometimes.

 

“Come on, how do you know that?”

 

“Because she’s MY type!”

 

Eunjung immediately realized, she shouldn’t have said that. She stared at the girls, they all completely astounded by her outburst or perhaps confession might be a better word for it.

 

“Oh, uh...” Eunjung stutters, blushing like a well-ripe tomato.

 

“Yeah right...not in love my arse.” Says the face palming – skeptic Hyomin.

 

*****

 

Damn, I’m beat...

 

You huffed as you swung the door open. The Stray Sheep is even more packed during weekends. You looked around anxiously, and yes, no open seats left anywhere. Cursing silently at your busy schedule tonight, which contributes to your delayed arrival – you already turned your back, when someone yelled your name vehemently.

 

You turned around, seeing Eunjung frantically waving her hand from the corner bar stool. She whispered to the person sitting beside her, and the guy leaves. You winced at the sight, praying that Eunjung at least knows the guy well enough to kick him out of his seat. She signaled you to come closer. Oh, well...what’s done is done. Hopefully no bar drunks would jump at you on your way out.

 

“I don’t expect you to be here this late.” You said as you sit down beside her. Like usual, her face is already red, but there is something different about her this time. You still can’t grasp it though.

 

“Well, I’ve got nothing to do, and I’m not a big fan of sleeping these days.” She replied as she idly shakes her rum cola.

 

“Because of your nightmares?” You finally noticed it, but only because she mentioned sleeping. Eunjung’s eyes are looking rather puffy, a classic sign of fatigue. “You should get some sleep, those eyes doesn’t look so good.”

 

Eunjung scoffed, “And then falls into another nightmare? I don’t know. I’m kinda sick of that.”

 

“Hey...maybe it’s not so bad this time...Besides, we all have to sleep sooner or later.”

 

“Oh, not you too...” Eunjung sighed. “What is it with people pushing my button today? Can’t I have some moment of peace here?” She groaned, and took a large gulp of her drink. “Anyway, can I ask you something? I’ve been thinking about this a lot lately...”

 

You nod and tell her to shoot away.

 

latm.jpg

 

You gave your answer, wondering if there’s any meaning behind these peculiar questions of her. “Hmm...I’m sensing a story there. Looks like you had yourself quite a day, huh? Mind telling me about that?”

 

She chuckled. Strangely, the gesture feels somewhat snide. “You’re really a strange one aren’t you? Why would you be interested in my troubles? That’s weird.”

 

“If you’re going to act like this, then I’m leaving.” You’re about to rose, but halted when Eunjung laid a hand over your shoulder.

 

“Don’t be like that, I’m just joking!” She smiles while patting your back in friendly manner. “Why don’t you get comfortable, huh? First round on me!”

 

You grinned at her offer. Perhaps now would be a good time to order something fancy.

 

*****

 

It’s three o’clock in the morning.

 

Eunjung still haven’t slept one bit, instead she’s sitting in front of her computer, typing into her keyboard. ‘Lover’s Wrath.’ She pressed enter, and waited as the page on naver loads. It displayed a long list of headlines, which she immediately scrolled down and reads one by one.

 

Strings of deaths reported as suicide. Netizens suspect a curse on play.

 

‘Is it a bad time for cheaters?’ Lover’s Wrath is #1 rumor on the internet.

 

19-year-old woman found dead in sleep, marking six mysterious deaths in a week.

 

As she read through the article, Eunjung found nothing coherent. These are nothing, but speculations among netizens. There is no slight mentioning of nightmares whatsoever. Maybe this is the wrong lead to follow?

 

Eunjung slumps against her chair and lets out a long yawn. She’s been at this for an hour now, and her eyes are getting tired. Probably from the sleepiness and fatigue. Eunjung gets up, intending to scramble into the kitchen for a cup of coffee, or a nice energy drink. She doesn’t realize though, that she’s about to trip over an empty beer can.

 

“WHOOOOAAA!!”

 

Eunjung slips, and collapses head first into the floor.

 

Ouch, my head...

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Ugh, I am fine...I think...” Eunjung flicker her eyes. The first thing she saw is pointy heels and glittery leggings. She looked up and Jiyeon smiled back at her.

 

Huh?! What the hell?!

 

“Aw, you poor thingy...here, let me help you gets up.” Jiyeon said. She grabs Eunjung’s arm, and lead her ahead whilst grinning mischievously at the still dazed female.

 

“W-wait a second! Where am I?”

 

All of sudden, she’s not in her room anymore. She’s in some kind of lounge, red drapes covering most of the walls, the lighting is really dim, game tables everywhere, and lastly, there's a sleazy disco beat blaring in the background. Wherever this is, Eunjung had never set foot inside such a shady place in her life.

 

“Jungie! Come on, sit here!” This time, it’s Qri sitting in a fully decorated dine table. Jiyeon seated Eunjung beside Qri, and poured three glass of champagne for them.

 

“Qri?! Jiyeon?! What the hell is going on? Is this a prank?”

 

They both exchanged glances, and laughed. “No one is pranking you, stud.” Qri said. “Yeah, we love you Jungie!” Jiyeon giggled.

 

“Anyway, let's toast for the main show, shall we?” Qri said, lifting her glass to the air.

 

“Huh? What show?” Eunjung asked.

 

“That.”

 

As if prompted by Qri’s word. The lighting on the main stage shots up. On the stage are scantily clad women twirling their bodies on poles. Eunjung gaped as she watched the dancer on front bent over, swaying her shoulders sensually as she winked at her.

 

Some of the dancers on top are hanging upside down on their thighs, while the one on the bottom – mostly on pairs are locking each other legs. As the show reaching the , the dancers simultaneously bends backward, letting their hair hangs loose in the air.

 

Their beauty, and grace weren’t merely perfect, they’re truly mesmerizing.

 

But, Eunjung’s admiration quickly shifted into horror. She just realized those dancers...they might have different clothing, and hair, but actually they’re all Qri and Jiyeon.

 

“How do you like the show? Like a dream comes true, right?” Qri said, wrapping her arms around Eunjung’s. “Unni, that’s not fair! Learn to share, will you? Jiyeon hugged the other arm.

 

“W-What is this?! Where–Where am I?”

 

“You don’t know?” Qri and Jiyeon suddenly speak in echoing unison. Their eyes are gleaming red.

 

“Welcome to Heaven.”

 

 

A/N: In case the Heaven scene feels familiar, Yeeep...it's based on Afterschool's heaven. One of the most surrealistic and mature music video this year, dem first person view is just... o_O I'm not usually into Afterschool though (I'm T-ara all the way), just this one song really speak to my taste. XD Anyway, next chapter will be titled Escape From Heaven and it will be *cough*.