End Of Peaceful Days

Night Terror - Interactive Story

Welcome all readers, please refer to the Karma System Guide on top before reading to enhance your experience. Please do understand, this is only a means to gave you more freedom with the story. Anyway, enjoy reading folks.

PS: For AFF readers, Voting began on upcoming 3rd Chapter.

 

1ST NIGHT: END OF PEACEFUL DAYS.

 

 

“Isn’t there anything interesting going on?”

 

You asked yourself as you strolled down the crowded street. It’s Friday night and you practically had nothing better to do than walking around mindlessly. The lavish night life of Seoul had turned drab after you’ve tried almost every venue it has to offer.

 

Nightclubs? Check. Arcades? Check again. Overrated trendy restaurant? Double checks. Hopefully you won’t get too bored, and decide to look into Itaewon just for the heck of it.

 

It’s been twenty minutes of walking and you’re getting tired, so you decided to take a breather at nearby bench. Casting your gaze upon the streets, you can see how active people are during the night. People weave in and out of buildings, friends hanging out in group, couples holding each other close, even drunkard middle aged man holding each other close lest they falls down.

 

You winced when the drunkards staggered past you, stinking of alcohol and questionable foul odor. You let out a deep sigh. If there’s one thing those drunkards are any good for – it’s making you realize that you could use some drink yourself.

 

You turned your eye to the direction where those ahjussi coming from and there you saw it – though modest in size, the flashing neon sign shaped like a sheep made it quite noticeable. The sign says The Stray Sheep, if one may say; it’s quite an intriguing name. Was it because they specialized in mutton-related dishes? Or is it because they used lamb milk in their drinks? On second thought, that would be nasty – your body shivers at the notion. Either way, these chapped lips of yours ain’t gonna get better by itself.

 

You swung the door open, surprisingly inside is bustling with folks. How come you’ve never heard of this place? Such a lively establishment surely listed among top bars in magazines, yet this is the first time you’ve heard the name Stray Sheep.

 

The pub interior is, once again modest. Dim lighting casting shadows over the wall, which is filled with vintage posters. Plastic white chairs on the single tables, meanwhile the booths are of same color as well. A widescreen television hanging above the bar, occupying the patrons’ idle eye as they gulped down alcohol. Overall, nothing is extravagant, nothing you haven’t seen before.

 

Yet somehow you dig the ambience, it makes you feel...right at home.

 

Too bad though, the place seemed so full – there isn’t any seat or booth left. The only exception is an empty stool by the bar, it looks rather cramped but you have no other choice. As you seated yourself, the barkeep approached – a middle aged man, kind of chubby, looked friendly, but strangely he wears a sunglass...inside a building...at night. Who does that?

 

“What would it be tonight, my friend?” He asks.

 

“One beer, please.” You said, not being in the mood for anything too fancy tonight.

 

He gives you thumb up and left, soon returned with a glassful of cold draft beer, which looked very appetizing! You hurriedly lift the glass and pressed it against your dry lips–

 

“Wait, hold up!”

 

You’re just about to take a sip when someone interrupted. You turned to look at the voice’s source, just right beside you. An androgynous looking man is sitting there. You could hardly tell which one since the way he dressed, white jacket over pink shirt – also the pants definitely make him appear masculine, yet his fair white skin and silky medium bob hair says otherwise.

 

“You’re new here, right?” He said. Though he is staring at you, his eyes are hardly focused. Face reddened like a crab, not to count the strong smell of alcohol in his breath. You rolled your eyes, great – another drunkard!

 

“That’s right, any problem?”

 

“Whoa, whoa...easy there,” He shook his head, “I just want to propose a toast. It’s not nice drinking alone, you know...”

 

“Oh, why don’t you tell me sooner?” You lift your glass to the air, he does the same. It seems he’s not such a bad guy after all.

 

“To never drinks alone again, cheers!”

 

“I’ll drink to that!” You replied, afterwards you both toasted, and then finished both drinks at the exact same time. You two exchanged glances upon realizing the sudden coincidence, and burst into synchronized laughter.

 

While you both laughing, you realize him – is actually her, since there’s no Adam’s apple in her neck. You feel silly for mistaking her gender, even though you’re completely sober.

 

“Wow...I feel like we got off on wrong foot earlier. I am Hahm Eunjung, what’s your name, stranger?”

 

And that is how you met Eunjung and befriended her.

 

*****

 

You just finished your third beer, not noticing how much time flies while chatting with Eunjung. She’s quite an interesting fellow actually; she works as a programmer, just recently worked on a video game and also the regular patron of this particular pub. Now that you two are drink buddies, you’re considering becoming a regular yourself.

 

After discussing trivial stuffs like jobs, hobbies, idols, you just realized there’s one thing bothering your mind, “You haven’t told me why you drink alone?” You asked.

 

Eunjung took another sip, and then turned to you, “Well...I wouldn’t want to bore you with my troubles.”

 

“It’s okay. I have nothing better to do anyway.”

 

She raised an eyebrow, “Are you sure? Well...try not to laugh okay? I am being serious here.” You nodded, and she continued, “Actually...I am cursed.”

 

You took a while to process those last words. “Oh, so it’s a curse?” you said while keeping straight face. You heard a lot of unsettling rumors about curses lately, such as that one former idol who suddenly posted her creepy selca into the net – people believe she’s cursed.

 

“Do you believe in curse?” Eunjung asked.

 

“I don’t know...but, I guess there are some things that science can’t explain.” You shrugged, “Oh, well...why don’t you tell me the whole story?”

 

Eunjung chuckled. She turned to you, looking rather amused. “Alright then, where should I start? I guess it’s my girlfriend-“

 

“Girlfriend?”

 

“Yeah, I swing that way. Do you mind?”

 

You scoffed, “Oh please, I am a very open minded person.” It’s not that surprising, really. You kind of figured it out from the way she dressed, but upon closer inspection – Eunjung is actually quite a looker. If only she would wear a dress, no man in their right mind would let her drink by herself.

 

Eunjung looked at you in awe. You can tell that she totally see you in a new light now. After all, South Korea isn’t exactly a gay-friendly country and such open minded people are sparse.

 

“Eunjung-ssi? Can you continue, now?” You said impatiently.

 

“Oh! Yeah, right!” She face palmed. Laughing awkwardly. “Sorry about that, anyway...everything started with my girlfriend, Qri.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Eunjung eyes widened. Her face completely froze. She’s been like this for quite a while now.

 

Qri obnoxiously tapped her long fingers against the table, classic gesture of the ambitious designer. Time is precious and she hates it when people waste her time – even if it’s Eunjung, her longtime partner. She waited because she knew Eunjung would need some time to process, but it’s been too long already.

 

“Hey, Jungie! Snap out of it!” Qri shouted.

 

“Huh?” Eunjung exclaimed, as if she’s suddenly pulled back to earth. To be fair it’s not her fault for spacing out, it’s hard to think when you don’t get enough sleep.

 

“Were you even listening?” Qri said in annoyance. She took a sip of her white tea. Qri loves white tea, basically she likes anything healthy. Those white teas are quite rare though, this cafe they’re currently in – Nyx, is one of the few who had it on their menu.

 

“Sorry...I, uh, had to work early this morning...” Eunjung said, rubbing her forehead. “I do listen though, are you serious about that?”

 

Qri’s lips curled into confident smile, “Yeah, come out together with me. People in my industry are pretty open-minded and we can get married too–” Eunjung choked on her tea, but Qri didn’t notice, too caught up in her speech. “Not here of course, I’m thinking...Canada. What do you think?”

 

Eunjung froze again, her heart is beating faster and she’s breaking cold sweat all over. Why is it suddenly harder to breathe?

 

“Jungie...” Qri sighed, “How many years we’ve been together?”

 

“Huh?” Oh, she’s asking me a question! Dammit...how long has it been? It’s been so long, I can’t remember...

 

“Let’s see...we just celebrate our fifth anniversary, so it’s five years, right?” Eunjung put up a wild guess. Her memory is foggy but she’s quite confident about the anniversary part.

 

“That’s right, five years...” Qri whispered. She stopped idly stirring her tea, and turned to Eunjung, “I love you and I do care about you, Jungie. But, I don’t see the point of us continuing unless this is going somewhere.”

 

“I don't know...” Eunjung shrugged, “I guess, I need some time to think about it.”

 

Qri pouts. Masking disappointment isn’t really her forte. Suddenly, there’s a commotion in the front section. One of the waitresses had a cake in her hand, the others singing happy birthday song in unison, all eyes turned to them.

 

“Wow, I had no idea they do birthday calls here.” Eunjung commented. With her back turned, she doesn’t realize Qri been smirking at her.

 

In one swift movement, Qri grabbed her by the collar, turned her around, and presses her soft lips against Eunjung’s.

 
Eunjung gasped in shock, “Qri! Are you mad? This is in public!”

 

“Oh, relax! No one saw.” She grinned. It’s true. They’re the only one sitting at the back of the cafe. While all eyes still turned toward the festive birthday call, no one seemed to notice the daring stunt Qri just pulled.

 

“Take your time, dear...but don’t take too long, okay?”

 

*****

 

They split up soon after. Qri had an important meeting whilst Eunjung’s lunch break is about to over. As she strolled down the street, Eunjung thoughts raced like mad, causing her to scramble her hair in frustration. Eunjung always been an easygoing person, she likes to keep things simple, and love matters are no different. Sometimes easy is best, right?

 

Eunjung decided not to think about this anymore, at least not today. What she needed now is some release and she knows what to do.

 

You girls free tonight? Let’s meet up. Stray Sheep, usual time.

-EJ-

 

She pressed sent, blasting the email through broadcast. It doesn’t take too long for her phone to ring. Those girls may be at work but they had way too much free time. Eunjung checked her phone, three new messages displayed on notification.

 

Excited! See you there tonight. ^__^

-HYO-

 

I am glad you asked. I could use some drinks.

-SSO-

 

Yaaay! Girl’s night out! \(^0^)/

-Sunny-

 

Eunjung smiled as she scrolled through those messages. That’s right...easy is best.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“She wants me to come out with her.”

 

Eunjung paused to observe the girls reaction. They all froze midway into whatever things they’re currently doing. She hid a smile, and continued, “And the strangest part is...She mentioned about tying the knot too.”

 

“WHOA!” Hyomin exclaimed. “Didn’t see that one coming.” Soyeon added in her usual calm manner. Sunny still froze, they all turned to her and that’s when she flinched, “Oh, right! Congratulations, Jungie!” She said with a wide grin.

 

Hyomin exhaled, “That’s not exactly good news, Sunny...”

 

“Anyway guys,” Eunjung interrupted. “What do you think?”

 

Most of them just groaned, except Soyeon who’s still enjoying her favorite soju. She put down her glass, and turned to Eunjung. “Jungie, I’ve known you since we’re in high school, and honestly I never thought you would amount to much.”

 

Eunjung gaped, about to protest but then Soyeon stopped her with a wave of hand. “But, look at yourself now. Somehow you’re with a girl like Qri. Every guy would kill to be with her and she chooses you. Don’t you see how lucky you are?”

 

“Wait, wait, hold on a minute,” Hyomin cut in. “You mean she should just marry miss model and lives with her somewhere out of the country? That’s crazy talk! No way, I’m letting my best friend go!”

 

“Oh, Minnie...” Eunjung can’t help but flattered by her words.

 

“I agree with Soyeon, though.” Sunny said. “When you found someone you love, isn’t it natural that you want to spend the rest of your life with them?” Her eyes lights up as she said that. Everyone knows Sunny is a hopeless romantic.

 

“Love, huh?” Eunjung sighed, “I wish it was that simple. I love her, but...I don’t think we need to come out and get married. You know...It’s like we’re comfortable where we are.”

 

“Well, are you?” Soyeon asked. “If you’re really comfortable with yourself, why don’t you just come out already?”

 

“Hey, Sso, would you back off her?” Hyomin interrupted, again. “Think about it from Eunjung’s perspective. What would her parents think? What about her job? You’re straight so you wouldn’t know...”

 

“I don’t mean it like that...” Soyeon frowned. She grabbed her soju bottle and poured another glass, but it’s empty.

 

“Looks like you girls need another round!”

 

A petite girl in waitress uniform grinned as she leans on the table. Jeon Boram is Eunjung’s childhood friend and basically the main reason she drinks at Stray Sheep is because Boram works here.

 

“Oh, sure. Soju for me.” Soyeon said. Hyomin gulped down her beer and handed the glass to Boram. “More please.”

 

“That’ll be one beer for Minnie and soju for Soyeon.” Boram scribbled in her notes. “By the way, what are you guys talking about?”

 

Hyomin chuckled, “Typical, Eunjung’s latest love squabble.”

 

“Really, Jungie?” Boram glanced at Eunjung with an eyebrow raised. When Eunjung shook her head rapidly in denial, she continued. “By the way, have you girls heard about it?”

 

“About what?” Sunny asked.

 

“Eunhee, she’s dead.”

 

“W-What?!” The girls exclaimed at the same time.

 

“Eunhee, the college girl? She is dead? But...how?” Eunjung asked. Looks of dismay painted on her face. It can’t be true...she just saw that girl yesterday for God sakes! How can someone so young die suddenly, just like that?

 

“Curse...” Boram said. Her voice is carrying ominous chill. “I am sure you guys heard about it, recent deaths among youngsters. The news still reported them as suicides, but people already whispering there’s a curse behind it...”

 

“Stop it, unni!” Sunny yelped, closing her ears.

 

“Curse?” Soyeon said skeptically. “It’s probably just drugs, who know what the kids are taking these days.”

 

“Y-Yeah, this could be some kind of new fad or something.” Eunjung‘s voice is still shaky. Truth is, she doubt it was drugs. Eunhee is a sweet and lively girl, not to mention she looked healthy. Sure, she just had a break up, but Eunjung never thought of her as suicidal.

 

“Well, the way she died though...I heard this from her neighbor, they said her mom found her in her room, already stiff and there’s a look of anguish on her face...”

 

“YAAAAAHHHH!” Sunny screamed at the top of her voice, cowering.

 

“Boram-unni, stop it...You’re upsetting her.” Hyomin said as she Sunny’s brunette hair to calm her down. Unbeknownst to Hyomin, the simple gesture already makes Sunny happy beyond words.

 

“Ah, my bad! Sorry, Sunny, I can’t help it.” Boram sticks her tongue out. “Anyway, you girls sure you don’t need anything else?”

 

“On second thought, I think I need another drink...” Eunjung said.

 

“Yeah me too...” Sunny added.

 

*****

 

Sunny lets out a wide, long yawn.

 

It’s a hour past midnight already. Soyeon already left since she had work in early morning. Although Sunny still here, she doesn’t look so energetic anymore. She leaned to Hyomin’s shoulder, eyes half closed.

 

“Jungie...I should probably help her get a cab. Are you sure you still want to stay here?

 

Eunjung didn’t answer, only waved her hand slowly. Hyomin sighed, looking at Eunjung, her face is already red like a lobster and her head keep swaying. “Alright, Jungie...Don’t drink too much, okay?”

 

Although Hyomin isn’t exactly comfortable leaving Eunjung drunk by herself, she knows Boram will be around, and that girl always take care of Eunjung. So Hyomin helped Sunny up, as she walked away, she steals one last glance at Eunjung, “Good night, Jungie.” Hyomin said with a smile.

 

*****

 

Eunjung stares at her half-full glass of Whiskey. She faintly recalled Hyomin telling her not to drink too much. But, to hell with it, she needs this one. It’s her who’s in deep dilemma not Hyomin. She downed the whiskey in one gulp and exhaled deeply.

 

That hits the spot!

 

Eunjung leaned back, and closes her eyes. Her head feels light, almost as if she’s unburdened from the start. As Eunjung’s thought drifts, she catches faint noise of someone’s bickering.

 

“Wow, there’s a lot of people here...But, this isn’t really my crowd.” Said a woman voice.

 

“I’m sorry miss, but we’re really full tonight.” That one is the barkeep and owner. Park Jaesang aka Mr. Gentleman. He is weird but actually is a nice guy.

 

“That’s okay. I think I saw my friend over there.”

 

“Are you sure? Then please, go ahead...”

 

Light footsteps approaching. Judging from the clicking sounds, it must be heels.

 

“Uh...Hi, excuse me. Do you mind if I sit here?

 

“Huh?” Eunjung turned, but nobody is there, in fact there is no one around. She stood up and looked around. The booths are already cleaned, TV shut down, not even a single faint noise can be heard. Did I just fell asleep? Why Boram didn’t wake me?

 

“Hello? Boram? Gentleman-nim?”

 

No answer.

 

Thinking she really screwed up this time, Eunjung rushed to the front door, hoping it isn’t locked yet. She turn the knob, it won’t bulge. “Oh, dang it!” She said in frustration.

 

Is this some kind of sick prank or something? This isn’t funny...

 

Eunjung walked to the center. While thinking of a way out, suddenly she feels the ground trembling beneath her. Eunjung looked down, just in time to see the flooring in front of her collapsed.

 

“What the hell?”

 

Eunjung spontaneously jumped back. She watched in horror as more flooring started to crumble, revealing the vortex of volatile dark matter beneath it. Eunjung run to the front door and struggles desperately with the knob, it won’t bulge at all. She tried slamming her hand, screaming at top of her lungs, but to no avail. Feeling hopeless, she slumped against the door.

 

No...This can’t be real. I am just dreaming, right? This is only a nightmare...

 

The crack rapidly spread, many objects fell into it and disintegrated into dusts when they touched the dark matter. Eunjung crawled back, the crack is nearly approaching her, and it’s just a few inches from her feet. It’s getting closer, and closer...

 

“NOOOOOO!!!”

 

Eunjung screamed as the last tile disappeared from beneath her feet. She can feel her body plummeting, air of terror filling her lungs when she gasped in and out. She shuts her eye tight, praying for anyone to wake her from this bad dream.

 

Please someone, anyone, wake me up!!!

 

“Hey, wake up!” A girl’s voice echoed on Eunjung’s head.

 

“Huh?!” Eunjung’s eyes shot wide, “What the hell? Where am I?” To say this place is unfamiliar would be an understatement. There shouldn’t be a place like this in South Korea.

 

Granite wall lighted up by candle sconces. Tattered tapestries hanging everywhere, resembling rags rather than decoration. White marble flooring, this looks like an interior of a castle. Although, there’s an eerie atmosphere about this place – the air here feels...otherworldly.

 

Am I still dreaming?

 

It took a while until Eunjung regained the senses on her feet. She stood up, and staggered along the wall. This place looked like a corridor, a long one that is. Even though Eunjung keep walking, the end is still nowhere in sight.

 

“Hello??” Eunjung shouted. No answer. She tried again for a while until she just gives up. Did she just imagining the voice from earlier? Maybe she finally lost it?

 

“You won’t escape...”

 

It’s a voice again, this time it’s hissing.  Strange, it’s a woman voice, but it’s different with the voice earlier. Somehow though, Eunjung can’t shake the feeling that she heard that voice before.

 

“I won’t...let...you...escape!”

 

That menacing hisses again, it sends shivers down the spine. No matter how hard Eunjung tried to ignore it, each steps make her grew even more restless. By this point, there is only one thing left to do.

 

Eunjung braces herself and turns around.

 

A set of large crimson eyes, is staring back at her. Black smoke spewed out of the creature’s gaping mouth, clouding the shape of her giant physique. The most terrifying part is the pair of long hands with razor sharp nails.

 

“W-What the” Eunjung gaped. Her body is frozen in fear.

 

“Don’t just stand there! RUN!”

 

The girl’s voice alarmed her just in time before the creature swung her arm. Eunjung ducks and the claw missed her by an inch. Eunjung immediately know it’s either dash or die. She turned and run with all her might.

 

Eunjung can’t bring herself to look back. She knows the creature is following behind. The hissing is still loud and clear. Just as she feels her legs giving up, Eunjung finally saw it. The exit marked by glimmering bronze door.

 

She sprinted forward with the last bit of her strength, but suddenly a huge shadow fly from above. The creature lands with a loud thump, her immense figure blocking the exit.

 

! What do I do?!  

 

The creature is slowly approaching. Eunjung looked around in panic. There must be something I can use! There’s no way I am dying here!

 

AHA!

 

Eunjung pulled down the nearest tapestry, and laid it over a candle, setting it ablaze. Eunjung carefully grab the corner, so she won’t burn her hand, and then flung the fiery rag at the creature. When it touches the creature’s black smoke, the flame triggered an explosion.

 

The creature is wailing, panicking, and swinging her arm wildly as the fire spread through her body. Eunjung waited until the creature’s long arm is out of the reach, and then she lunged forward, rolling on the floor. Her hand reach out, successfully grabbing the door handle.

 

As Eunjung swung it open, beams of light envelopes her entire body. It’s warm...and comforting.

 

Is this it? Am I going to wake up now?

 

Eunjung open her eyes, cold sweat dripping to her bed. “Is it really over?” She wonders whilst slowing down her breathing. What a bizarre nightmare. Normally when people dreamed they soon forgot about it, but this one...Eunjung feels like it’s gonna stuck for a long time.

 

Her eyes fixated on the ceiling, everything looks hazy, but this is definitely her room. It took a while until Eunjung regained clear vision. She tried to rose, but something is stuck on her arm. She turned around and there she saw...

 

A girl is sleeping by her side.

 

“YAAAHH!” Eunjung yelped. She impulsively rolls aside, and falls down head first into the floor.

 

Who is this girl? Why is she sleeping on my bed? What the hell is happening?!

 

“Hmm?” The girl flickers her eyes. She rose up, yawning while fixing her top. ‘Oh, it’s you.” She said when she notices Eunjung sitting on the floor.

 

The girl approach the still dumbfounded Eunjung and peck her over the check.

 

“Good morning, Jungie.” She said with a wide smile. That would be charming if only Eunjung knows who the hell she is.

 

*****

 

“Oh man...this is not good...” Eunjung said. Face buried into her hands.

 

“Hmm? What isn’t good?” Jiyeon asked while in the midst of slurping down her instant noodle. Earlier, Eunjung had gone through the trouble of making breakfast for both of them. It’s the least she could do after inviting a stranger to her home and doing God knows what.

 

I remember her name...Jiyeon. And I do recall meeting her at Stray Sheep, but after that...

 

*****

 

That night.

 

“Marriage is just a tradition, right? Seriously, who wants to be tied down?” Jiyeon asked. Her slender finger idly twirls her glass.

 

Eunjung can’t believe her luck, a drop dead gorgeous girl just suddenly decided to sit here. Well, Eunjung is in a relationship, of course. No matter how drunk she is, she still knows the boundaries. But, looking doesn’t count as cheating, right?

 

“As long as two people are together, it’s okay, right? It’s best to be free, don’t you think?” She continued. Eunjung sips her whiskey while listening attentively. Not just pretty, the girl had a pleasant voice as well.

 

“Kinda surprising,” Eunjung replied, “I thought most girls wanted to tie the knot as soon as they’re adults. Well, I do know one exception...” Suddenly Hyomin pops in her mind, “But there are young girls like you out there...hmm, never knew.”

 

“It’s not that strange, is it? Commitment can be...daunting.” She said, crossing her legs as she speaks.

 

“Daunting, huh? I’ll remember that.” Eunjung replied. She took out a pack of cigarette from her jacket and lights one up, taking a big puff.

 

“Looks like you and I think alike.” Strange, Jiyeon’s voice changed direction. Eunjung looked aside, to her surprise, Jiyeon is sitting there. Close.

 

Jiyeon giggled, and gulp down her cocktail. Eunjung can’t help but notice her smooth neck moving up and down when she drinks. Now that Eunjung takes a closer look, Jiyeon truly is a sight to behold. Long brunette hair waving down smoothly, fancy tube dress complimenting her slender nape, not to mention such a flawless – creamy skin, like those celebrities.

 

Now that she thinks about it, Eunjung noticed it several times. Both men and women are stealing glances at their booth. It must be Jiyeon’s presence that drove them so.

 

“Excuse me miss, your cocktails.” A waitress put down another drink, this time it’s a brown liqueur – must be Irish cream, with a slight black liqueur on bottom.

 

“T-That’s a peculiar drink you ordered there...uh...what was that one called?”

 

Jiyeon turned and grinned, “Screaming .”

 

Eunjung yelped and quickly looked away to hide her reddening face. This time, it had nothing to do with alcohol.

 

“Are you embarrassed? You’re so cute...”

 

“I...I, uh...”

 

“Hey, listen...” Jiyeon leaned in close, eyes glimmering with seduction. Eunjung stops her stammering and gulp. “I notice you’ve been eyeing me all night. Tell me, do you like what you see?” Jiyeon said.

 

“H-Huh? How, How did you–“

 

Jiyeon giggled, “It’s kind of obvious isn’t it? Don’t worry, I prefer girls too...”

 

Eunjung don’t know whether to be happy or not. Her head is so dizzy. The alcohol didn’t help her think straight at all. She knows one thing though. She had to get out of here before something bad happen.

 

“Sorry, I, uh...have to work tomorrow. I should go home...” Eunjung tried to stand up, but Jiyeon forced her back down.

 

“Before that, could you get me one of these?” Jiyeon said, waving her glass.

 

“What? The cocktail? Sure, sure...I’ll ask Gentleman-nim.”

 

“No, silly. I mean the real thing...”

 

Did she just mean? Eunjung can feel her heart pounding like a drum. Cold sweat dripped all over. Before she could respond, Jiyeon already moves in. Her lips are getting closer.  

 

No, you can’t! Not here! Eunjung wants to protest, but her body is frozen stiff. She can neither looked away nor flinch. But, Jiyeon stops just an inch away. She leaned back, and burst into laughter.

 

“Relax, I am just joking.” She said. Her lips curled into a smile.

 

“You don’t say...!” Eunjung laughed weakly. She took another puff of her cigar.

 

Unbeknownst to her, Jiyeon is secretly smacking her lips.

 

That was last night, Eunjung can’t remember what happened after that. It’s like her memory is filled with holes here and there. What just happened last night? Was it just simple making out or something more serious? Is this because of the nightmare or because I drank too much? Either way, she just cheated on Qri. That’s a fact that won’t change.

 

Jiyeon has finished eating her noodle. Meanwhile Eunjung still stares blankly at her noodles. Not even realizing it’s gotten soggy minutes ago.

 

“Listen, Jungie...” Jiyeon whispered, “Don’t get the wrong idea, okay? I don’t just sleep around...I came here because I like you.” She leaned forward, and gently grabs Eunjung’s chin. “So...how do you feel about me...?”

 

“Huh?! Errr...wow...ummmm...” Eunjung mumbles incoherently. She looked away, and only then she can think of what to say, “I can’t quite explain it. It feels odd?” She turn her gaze, Jiyeon is staring at her curiously. ‘I-I mean, maybe we’re moving too fast, you know? We should take some time...yeah...get to know each other first.” Eunjung laughed weakly, again.

 

“Oh...” Jiyeon frowned, but it quickly dissolves into a grin. She stood up and put her hand on hips. “Well, okay then! Let’s start from the basic, shall we? I am Park Jiyeon, nice too meet cha!” She said enthusiastically.

 

Eunjung slumped against the back of her chair, “Hi there, Jiyeon. I am Hahm Eunjung, but you already know me...”

 

“By the way Jungie...” Jiyeon curled her lips into devious smile, “Can I borrow your phone? I left mine at the pub.” Eunjung nod and hands her phone, no suspicion at all. Jiyeon taps the screen few times, and second later, there’s ringing from her pocket.

 

Eunjung gaped, realizing what she just done...and that was her business phone. There’s a lot of important information on that.

 

“I got your number!”

 

*****

 

“You’re pulling my leg, right?”

 

You scratch your eyebrow after hearing Eunjung’s story. Now that was some story. Curses, monster, nightmares, it makes the cheating stuff seems rather trivial. Looking at Eunjung’s face, it’s hard to tell if she is being truthful. She looks like she could collapse at any minute.

 

“What, you don’t believe me? I told you...” Eunjung groaned.

 

“Hey, it’s not like that, I find your story...intriguing.” You chuckled, “Are you really a programmer? Maybe you should be a writer instead.”

 

“Save the sarcasm...” Eunjung throw a fist to your shoulder, but she’s too hung-over, there’s no strength behind it.

 

“Hey, you don’t look so good. Are you okay? Can you go home by yourself?”

 

“Don’t mind me...I can take care of myself.” She said. “But, anyway, can I ask you a question?”

 

“If I answer would you stop drinking and go home?” You said. Eunjung nods, but she doesn’t look sincere at all.

 

 

sou7.jpg

 

 

You answered her question, and waits for her reaction. She closes her eyes, as if thinking thoughtfully and then nods lightly. “Hmmm, I see...”

 

“Now, would you please go home? And make sure you took a cab.”

 

Eunjung scoffed, “Who are you, kicking me out of my bar?” She grinned.

 

But she agreed to it. After paying the tab, her friend Boram helps her to the door. You watched until Eunjung is out of sight. Strange as it may seem, but somehow you care about her. There’s just some connection with the mysterious girl that you can’t explain. Oh, well... You turn your back and continue with your beer.

 

Unfortunately, Eunjung didn’t get into a cab that night. Just outside of Stray Sheep, she took her phone out, scrolled through her contacts and stop at a name.

 

Park Jiyeon.

 

And she pressed call.

 

 

A/N: Eunjung will start the story with -10 Karma because of her cheating on Qri. Also, she is calling Jiyeon by the end doesn't necessarily mean she's preferring her over Qri. If you play the game you know why, it's part of the curse. Basically when she is too intoxicated she will unknowingly drunk dialed Jiyeon . Please feel free to ask me if there's anything unclear. ^__^