Rejection...?

* ~In the Pursuit of Fame~ *
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*~YOU POV~*

"What you want to be a kpop star?!" I shout.

My mind is boggling with thoughts, but I shut them out. Who says you can't be what you want? Although...this guy is going to need some help. 

"Haha...you react the same way that everyone else does. I can't blame you though, I mean look at me." Chanyeol waves his hands over his whole face & figure, "I would surprised if you told me that I looked the part..."

"Well...er...you have some potential..." I started to say, trying to cheer his spirits up even if it's just a little.

His round eyes lit up and he looked like a little puppy, his eyes getting rounder and a small grin appeared on his face. I chuckled at his reaction, he was cute I admit it. However, the kpop industry is much more than just being cute.

-Riiiiing- 

The warning bell rung, giving the students who were in the cafeteria ten minutes to come into class. I look towards Chanyeol and raise an eyebrow. I guess he took that as a signal to turn around or something, which he did. I don't know...sometimes my body just does stuff that I cannot explain. I guess I'm still getting used to having people in my class that I can talk to. I tapped his shoulder with the back of my pencil, which makes him turn around.

"Would you mind showing me what you got?" I ask.

He looks down at his shows for a tiny moment, but right back up at me, meeting my eyes.

"But you don't doubt me?" He asks, a little surprised.

"I haven't even seen what you can do! I will judge you when the time comes. If you have what it takes, maybe just maybe you'll earn a little bit of help from me." I reply with a slight wink.

Chanyeol nodded slightly, not looking directly in my eyes, then went back to face the front of the classroom. He is definitely not the guy I thought he was. He has passion and even though he won't directly look into my eyes I can see that this is his true dream, his longing in life. Man, I fish I could have that. Something that is worth living for, something that would give me some purpose. Maybe I'll find my calling soon? Who knows.

After school ended I got my stuff packed quickly, but I noticed that Chanyeol had already left his seat, no where to be found. I thought he was going to show me the many talents that he must have to become a kpop star! Aish...oh well. I ruffle through my hair a little bit and walk out of the classroom.

What a weird kid. I offered to be a friend to him, listen to his talents and everything. It's not like he has any friends yet. I can't help but to wonder where he went. 

I slowly walked out of the classroom, a little disappointed, honestly. I felt rejected by him. I was freaking rejected by some nerd who just came from the countryside! Robin you are pathetic...

I walk home, alone.

The very next day I walk into class, a little early, not wanting to show up at the last minute, causing everyone to stare at me. I don't mind if they stare at me, but it's annoying. I look around the classroom and then to my seat. A couple of students were here early as well, some sleeping on their desks to get some extra sleeping time in. I walked toward my seat and spotted an empty desk in front of mine, I looked up at the clock, still 10 minutes left before the final bell. Well he still has some time I guess.

The bell rung and I took in a deep sigh. Was he only here for one day? Was he just a figmant of my imagination or something? Ah...maybe it's better off that he isn't here at school. I mean now I won't have to face him, at least. Part of me feels that way, but the other just wants to know why the hell he just left me after I offered so kindly to listen to him. That what he wants, right? An audience?

The class went by so utterly slow. It was actually painful sitting there just taking notes while Ms. Choi's monotone voice was drowned out by me and most of the other students in the classroom.

Then, suddenly I hear loud stomps coming towards the room. I can tell everyone else can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter