Chapter 2

Noona, Be Mine?

Throughout lessons, Chanyeol couldn't pay attention. His memory lingered back to that moment where he was sure Dara had smiled at him. Or was he just being delusional? No, it couldn't be, a small part of him insisted. I saw her smiling at me. I just need to be sure of it. But how?

When his class ended, Chanyeol told the rest to go ahead while he took his time to pack his bag. He wanted to do something to confirm what he saw, but he didn't know what.

"Oppa?" A girl in his class approached him shyly. "I see that you're alone, and I was wondering-"

"Sorry," Chanyeol spoke before she could finish. The girl faltered. "I have something on now." Seeing her disappointed expression, Chanyeol softened. He realised his deep voice must've scared her. To make up for it, he gave her a small smile before getting up to leave.

He was sick being the centre of attention. He didn't ask for it. Neither did the rest of EXO. He knew how Big Bang and 2NE1 must've felt to be goggled at. He didn't like it. Which was why the boys grew distant with the rest of the sophomores when their popularity increased. They didn't mean to portray an arrogant image. They pretended to be arrogant to ward off all the fangirls but to no success. They sure knew not to give up.

All 12 of them were dorks at heart, as proven by the cafeteria incident. But for their own safety, they chose to be as cold as how their sunbaes were.

Chanyeol felt guilty. But he couldn't help it.

He was deep in thoughts that he didn't realise he had walked into Seungri. Startled, he gave a frightened yelp.

"Se-seungri-sshi! Mian! W-what are you doing here?" He stammered, afraid that the elder will punch him or something. Even though he was taller, Seungri was much more intimidating. However, Chanyeol was surprised to find the latter chuckling.

"Clumsy person you are, huh," he grinned.

Chanyeol managed a sheepish smile. Seungri looked at him for a few seconds.

"Come on, let's go out for lunch."

Chanyeol blinked, unsure whether he was hearing correctly. "S-sorry?"

Apparently Seungri didn't hear him. "I know of a place where we are clear from eavesdroppers," he clapped his hands together.

*

"Woah! What is this place?!" Chanyeol gasped as he stepped out of Seungri's posh car: A sleek, silver Volvo.

"VIP studio, owned by me, run by my hyung Teddy," Seungri grinned. "The group will kill me if they knew I brought an outsider," his grin faded but appeared soon enough. "But it's okay! I think I can trust you," he winked. Chanyeol gaped at him. From the part where he collided into Seungri till now, there was never a second where he wasn't surprised.

Seeing the shocked look on his face, Seungri smirked. "I bet you have a million questions for me, kiddo, but let's wait till we get our food. I recommend you to try the oreo pancakes. Deeeeeelicious!"

After being well-fed, Chanyeol decided to ask Seungri.

"Seungri-sshi-"

Seungri put up a hand. "Call me hyung. I'm not used to being acknowledged formally," he laughed.

"Eh .. hyung," Chanyeol said awkwardly. Seungri nodded.

"Why did you call me to come here? Why are you so nice to me? Why-"

Again, Seungri laughed.

"I thought the first thing you'll ask me is whether Dara noona's single!"

Chanyeol's jaw dropped and his eyes widened. Seungri doubled over in laughter.

"Aigoo you're so cute! No wonder she noticed you," he chortled.

Wait ..

WAIT.

WHAT?!

"Huh?" Chanyeol asked, his heart beating rather fast. Seungri smirked. Oh, this kid was amusing him.

"I realised I didn't answer your question earlier. I was actually looking for you."

"M-me?"

Seungri nodded.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"W-why me?"

"I want to know about EXO. And I also want to know about your interest towards Dara noona," he said simply. Chanyeol gulped. Why was this hyung so direct?

"How did you know about me like .. liking Dara-sshi?" He asked, averting his eyes.

Seungri smiled sincerely.

"I observe."

*

And so the duo spent the whole afternoon chatting. Chanyeol told Seungri about EXO and how he thinks that Kris may be interested in CL, how Kai always talks about Minzy, how Luhan always not having the courage to send Park Bom gifts every Valentine's Day and how Xiumin just fanboys over them. Seungri in turn described every single one of his friends and Chanyeol found that he was surprisingly easy to get along with. His impression of his hyung totally changed and he found himself being comfortable with him.

"So I bet you wanna know about Dara noona now, don't you?" Seungri asked. Chanyeol nodded eagerly.

"Hmm, she's a really shy person. Very reserved. It takes time before she could open up to any of us. Even so she is still reserved, hiding bits of her true personality. You can say CL and I are the closest to her. Even though she's older, we feel like we have to protect her from those that we think will harm her," he said lightly. Chanyeol froze.

"Noona is still afraid to voice out her current emotions, but I know her well, I understand what she's feeling," Seungri sighed.

"How do you know that she notices me as a namja and not like her little brother?" Chanyeol asked carefully.

"That my dear dongsaeng, shall be answered with time. But you already succeeded the first step without meaning to, and if you want to make it happen, I have a way," Seungri offered.

"But hyung .. I'm younger .." Chanyeol said sadly.

Seungri rolled his eyes. "Does it matter? I know you really like her though we've never talked before. I know of many friends of mine, going for noonas. Even if you're not confident, as least make friends with her. Before we graduate."

Chanyeol looked at Seungri with awe.

"Hyung .."

"You'll thank me someday for this. Now are you gonna hear my plan out?"

Chanyeol paused. Thinking .. thinking .. 

Finally, a slow smile spread across his face.

"I'm ready."

*

Oooooooooh what's gonna happen next? ^^

Btw I realised I'm pressed for time, my school's starting soon and I know that I won't have time to update already. I don't want to leave you all disappointed so I'm trying my best to finish this story soon (: