The New Kids

Forever is a Promise You'll Keep

Chapter 13

The usually quiet halls of Seoul High were filled with whispers and gossip the next day. Gossip about 5 new transferee students.

“I heard one is soo good in basketball!” a junior girl with light brown hair spazzed with her friends.

“Jinjja?!?! OMO!~ We will totally complement each other!” A girl with dark skin and black hair gushed.

“Aw c’mon, YuRi,” a girl with alabaster skin and long, black hair with blunt bangs whined. “Give chance to others!”

“What’s all the commotion about?” Taeyeon finally reacted after staying silent for a long while.

“Haven’t you heard, Taeng?” YuRi asked with wide eyes. “the transferees are arriving today!”

“Okay.....?” Taeyeon said sceptically. “But I still don’t get why you’re all so hyped about it.”

“Taeng, there’s a rumour that they’re hot!” the girl with black hair and bangs exclaimed.

“Yoona’s right! And I heard that there’s this one guy that’s good in-“ YuRi cut off her rant when the front doors suddenly opened, a gasp fell from her lips.

“Omo, omo!~ They’re all so hot!” a girl suddenly murmured.

Soon, the transferees were surrounded with girls all looking and admiring their looks. While Taeyeon, being the danshin that she is, got pushed aside by the horde of girls.

“Yah!~ Be careful!~” Taeyeon said angrily at a girl who made her drop all of her stuff. She grumbled while picking it up. Just as she was aboutbto stand up, a girl knocked her over, causing all of her stuff to fly around the place once more.

One of the transferees noticed Taeyeon struggling to get up, so he approached her.

“Are you okay?” he asked while helping Taeyeon gather her books.

“I’m fine. I just wish these girls would stop spazzing about these transferee students,” Taeyeon replied harshly. “I mean, they’re just people! What’s so special about them?!?!”

The boy just chuckled and helped Taeyeon get on her feet.

“Thank you again for helping-“ Taeyeon cut off what she was saying as soon as she saw who it was.

“You!” She exclaimed.

“Taeyeon noona!” the boy gasped, suddenly pulling her in for a big hug.

“What are you doing here, cousin?!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “I thought you were in Japan!”

“I was,” the boy chuckled. “But umma told me to finish my studies here. So, here I am!”

“Good thing you’re back,” Taeyeon commented. “I missed you, Key.”

“I missed you too, noona.” Key hugged her again.

“But first, what did you do to your hair?!” Taeyeon questioned with such force while touching the shaved part of Key’s hair.

“Aish~ Noona, stop that.” Key pouted while flicking off Taeyeon’s hands from his hair. “Hey, have you seen the guys already?”

“Ani~ They also transferred here?” Taeyeon asked.

“Mmm,” Key nodded his head before calling his friends. “Yaedura! Look who it is!”

The boys rushed to where Key was and gasped once they saw Taeyeon.

“Noona!~ We missed you so much!” The dino-looking boy exclaimed while hugging Taeyeon.

“Me too, noona!~” the boy with red hair smiled cutely while sipping his banana milk.

“Aigoo!~ I missed all of you too!” Taeyeon laughed.

“Taeminnie,” she lovingly called the boy with red hair. “You’re so handsome now!~ And Jonghyun! You still haven’t grown taller.”

“Yah!~ It’s not like you’ve grown too!” Jonghyun pouted.

“Alright, alright. Minho-ssi! My, you’ve grown muscles, I see.” Taeyeon commented. “And Jinki... You’re still the same old Jinki.”

“Ah, noona,” Jinki laughed shyly.

The bell suddenly rang.

“Well, I’ve got to get to class now,” Taeyeon said.

“Okay, we’ve got to go to the office too. We need to get our timetables.” Key replied.

I’ll see you later, arrasseo?” Taeyeon said while eyeing Jonghyun who started to look at Key in a loving manner.

“Ne. Annyeong Taeyeon noona!~” the boys waved their hands before heading toward the office.

Huh. Taeyeon thought to herself.I see Jonghyun still hasn’t confessed to Key. Well that’s gonna change soon.