The Arrival

In the Distance

Shin peered into the crowd of family and friends, waiting at the airport. Welcome back, Corey. We missed you, Nat. Here we are, Victoria. Nup. No signs for him.

He picked up his suitcase and began to walk past the crowd. Maybe he was supposed to meet outside. Just as he spotted the airport exit, he felt a gush of wind and the next thing he knew, there was a pair of arms around his neck.

'I missed you so much, Shin!'

Shin chuckled. 'I missed you too, Sammy!' He prised her arms off him to face her. 'Wow, aren't you cold?' he commented, looking at her dress, covered in snow.

'Yeah but I wanted to look extra pretty for my boyfriend. Do you like it?' she asked Shin with a wink. Shin cocked his head. She knew about Gyu Won... 

'Oh, loosen up, Shin! I'm just kidding,' she chattered, massaging his shoulders. Shin smiled awkwardly but breathed a sigh of relief.

He picked up his suitcase again and followed Samantha outside where they caught a taxi through the London streets. Shin smiled as he looked outside the window. It was good to be back.

The taxi stopped outside an apartment building and Shin and Sammy got out. 'Thanks so much for finding me an apartment and picking me up! You are the only one I know here,' Shin said gratefully. Samantha just laughed and hugged him goodbye, but not without a quick kiss on the lips. She turned around and skipped down the street, coat flying behind her, turning back to him a few times to wave again.

Shin frowned. Was that an English custom he had forgotten about? He looked back at her, who was now waiting at the traffic lights. She waved with an extra big smile... Could it be?

Shin shook the thought from his mind. Samantha wasn't that type of girl!  He must have just forgotten about a cultural custom. He picked up his suitcase and began the climb up the stairs to his apartment at B20.