Hyuna

Murder in the Dark

16th of November, 2011 – 10:27pm

VICTIM –

NAME: Kim Sunggyu
DOB: 28/4/1988 (23
: Male
GROUP: Infinite
MURDER: Throat slit, multiple wounds and cuts over upper body
Found dead on 16/11/2011

SUSPECTS –

NAME: Kwon Yuri
DOB: 5/12/1989 (22
: Female
GROUP: SNSD
RELATIONSHIP: Fiancée/girlfriend
MOTIVE: Get out of arranged marriage
        In love with someone else (Hoya)

NAME: Lee Howon (Hoya)
DOB: 29/3/1988 (23)
: Male
GROUP: Infinite
RELATIONSHIP: Best friend
MOTIVE: In love with Yuri
              Bad friendship with Sunggyu

NAME: Hwang Miyoung (Tiffany)
DOB: 1/8/1989 (22)
: Female
GROUP: SNSD
RELATIONSHIP: Ex-girlfriend
MOTIVE: Mixed feelings about Sunggyu (love-hate)
       Get revenge on Sunggyu

NAME: Ahn Daniel (Niel)
DOB: 6/8/1989 (22)
: Male
GROUP: Teen Top
RELATIONSHIP: Rival
MOTIVE: In love with Tiffany
        Hates Sunggyu


16thof November, 2011 – 10:39pm

Kim Hyuna:

  • Jealous of Sunggyu – hate, anger, etc.
    • Sunggyu was the favourite in family
  • Wanted to be an only child?
  • Wanted to run company? Would have been married off to Kwon family
  • Impressive actress

Impressive actress. Impressive actress. I stared blankly at the two words, feeling like the stupidest girl on the planet. I was blinded by my own ambition and by her crocodile tears.

“You can’t just jump in. This isn’t a game.”

“This is real life, Soomin, and you could get hurt! You could be interfering in the investigation!”

“…taking this into your own hands will not help us.”

All of the accusations came from Jessica’s words, hitting a sore spot I had felt the whole night. Perhaps I was nothing more than a foolish girl who was trying – a little too hard – to prove herself to the world.

I sighed wearily. I couldn’t stop now, not when I was making so much progress. “You can come in now,” I called.

Hyuna entered the room, a smirk on her pretty face. I scowled in return.

“So, have you figured out the murderer yet?” she asked innocently.

“I’d say I was quite close,” I said vaguely. “I’m going to give you a few scenarios, and you have to answer honestly. Got it?” I narrowed my eyes at her.

Hyuna nodded. “Fire away,” she said airily.

I pursed my lips. “Okay then. First scenario, you’re stuck in a burning building with your brother, your best friend and the love of your life. You can only save one person – who do you choose?”

She snorted. “I don’t have a boyfriend, nor do I plan to get one soon,” she retorted icily. “And I would choose my best friends over my brother any day.”

“I’ll save the ‘why’ for later,” I said. “Second scenario–”

“Save the crap, Soomin-ssi,” Hyuna snapped. “We all know that I would choose anyone over my brother.”

“And why is that?” I asked placidly.

She scowled. “You should know,” Hyuna muttered angrily. “We’re in the same situation here.”

“What situation would you be talking about, exactly?” I kept my voice bland.

“Don’t play dumb with me, seonbae,” she said, glaring. “You know exactly what I’m talking about.”

I could see her getting angrier and angrier, yet she managed to keep most of it under control. “I’m afraid I don’t remember.” I blinked innocently at her. “Could you remind me, perhaps?”

Hyuna let out her breath in an exasperated sigh. “You and I have lived in the shadows of our siblings our whole lives. Always underrated, always looked over and always starving for attention.”

“But there’s a difference between you and me, Hyuna-ssi,” I remarked. “Our upbringing.”

She gave me a puzzled look. “What are you talking about?”

“You were raised by nannies and babysitters – your parents couldn’t care less about you,” I said coolly. “Everywhere you went, Sunggyu went too. And because of that, no one ever saw you, not even your parents.”

Hyuna gritted her teeth. “Your point is?”

“My family raised all three of us equally. In our home, we were all the same.” I smiled. “And while things might have been different outside our house, it was because I was shy. I never resented my sisters for it. They would never intentionally hurt me. That’s family.”

“That’s a lie,” Hyuna said coldly. “That’s your family. My family is something completely different.” She took a deep breath. “My family only saw children as heirs, someone to run the business, someone to carry on the family name. They would use us for anything that would benefit the company, and for Sunggyu, that meant marrying him off to Yuri. He was the one that would take over the company, as the oldest and a male, so he naturally received all the attention. He was a spoiled brat who always got what he wanted, and he hated me,” she said, anger and hatred lacing her voice. She was panting slightly, her face pink.

“I can see the scepticism in your eyes,” she said disdainfully. “But it’s true, and don’t you dare accuse me of lying. Sunggyu may have been my biological brother, but I will never, ever consider him family. He deserved to die.”

I flinched.

“You don’t understand, you know,” Hyuna continued.  “You – you’re so goddamn lucky, Soomin-ssi. Your family loves you and treats you equally; they don’t play favourites. And me?” She laughed bitterly, hands wound tightly together. “I was abandoned. As far as I’m concerned, I have no brother, no mother and no father. My friends – no, my sisters are my family.”

“You said he deserved to die,” I said quietly. “Do you really mean it?”

“Yes, I do,” she said firmly. “You don’t understand what he’s done to me, Soomin-ssi. He’s selfish and cruel; he cares for no one but himself, and he treats everyone – even his so-called friends – like scum. So how do you think he treats his darling little sister?” Her voice dripped venom, and malice burned in her dark eyes.

Hyuna took a breath and exhaled, closing her eyes. “He hurt me, more than you can ever imagine,” she said quietly, opening her eyes to reveal tears. “As a child, I idolised him. We both thought the world revolved around him. In my goddamn innocent eyes, he was perfect. But it didn’t last long. My darling brother grew sick of having his useless and stupid sister following around...and let’s just say it took him a while to get the message in.”

I bit my lip anxiously. “Oh, my god, Hyuna–”

“And you know how sick he was?” Hyuna said, her voice growing louder. “I was only 7. Seven years old, and he beat me until I passed out. He broke both my arms, cracked my ribs and dislocated my knee. I was only 7.

She in air with a crazed, feral gleam in her eyes. “And that’s not the worst. My parents took me to hospital, and when I woke up, they were there, waiting for me to recover. And my body hurt like hell, but I had never been happier, because my parents had never spent the night with me until that night – not even once in my whole life.”

I gaped at her, unable to hide my shock.

“My life turned upside down after that,” she sighed. “I never spoke to him unless my parents made me; I avoided him as best as I could. I was ecstatic when my parents gave him that house. They were so ignorant – they never asked me why I was so hurt, they never asked why they saw different girls come home every night – they were too scared of losing their successor when I could have made a better CEO than him.”

“I was smarter, I was more dedicated to our parent’s business than he ever was, and they still chose him,” Hyuna said forcefully, eyes narrowed as she shook her head. “They always choose him. But now…he’s dead.” Her voice dropped to a whisper, and she tilted her head to the side, widening her eyes innocently. “He deserved to die.”

She smiled cruelly, but tears shone in her eyes once more.

NAME: Kim Hyuna
DOB: 6/6/1989 (22)
: Female
GROUP: 4Minute
RELATIONSHIP: Sister
MOTIVE: Abused by Sunggyu at the age of 7 (hatred)
        Jealous that he was their heir
        Does not consider him her brother/family