Chapter 6

Transformed!

 

The six of them took turns on taking care of the baby and this time, it was Kai's turn.

"How am I suppose to work this?" He was left with Baby Eunjoo in her stroller, he looked around but the rest was already out of sight.

He pushed her stroller forward towards his car but spent the last few minutes analyzing how to fold the stroller, he pinched the bridge of his nose out of frustration and placed the baby on the passenger seat infront after dumping the stroller at the back.

"Ya, you okay there?" Kai blinked at her after buckling her seatbelt that barely reached the baby's chest, kai noticed the baby's discomfort and placed her on his lap instead, making the baby grip on the steering wheel.

"Hold on tight eunjoo-ah" He patted her head gently before driving towards his house. It only took them about 20 minutes to reach his house, he held the baby in a peculiar way and soon handed her to one of the maids when they entered but was welcomed with questioning looks from them and Butler Han broke the silence.

"Young master! You already have a baby? Mamma mia!" Butler Han exclaimed and made the sign of the cross and he held Kai on both side of his shoulders while looking at him thru his square-framed glasses.

"Being a father is hard but having a child is a blessing. I'm so proud of you Jongin, I watched you grew from time to time and now, you've really grown so much." Butler Han muttered as he pulled kai for a hug leaving kai dumbfounded.

"Ya Butler Han, that's not my baby. It's adoption month" Kai shook his head in disbelief and chuckled at him in amusement leaving Butler blinking in process.

"Do we have any baby food? What do they eat anyway?" Kai accompanied the maid who carried the baby towards the kitchen and used his phone to search for any baby foods.

"How old is she anyway?" Their cook asked as soon as they entered the kitchen, he leaned on the kitchen counter while examining the baby who was just quiet the whole time

"1 year old" He answered after reading baek' s message, he took a peek on the very healthy baby and blinked

"I thought she was 3 or something" Kai mumbled to himself and leaned forward to poke her chubby cheeks

"Who do we have here?" Kai's umma entered the kitchen with her eyes glued on the cute baby while smiling widely and took the baby in her arms

"Umma, it's adoption month" Kai stated as he kissed her on her cheeks

"I know, I heard. Was Butler Han overacting again?" her mom asked him and he nodded which made her laugh lightly

"Aigoo, he's too attached to you already son" she said as she cradle the baby in her arms

"Yeah, yeah" Kai nodded and munched on an apple

" Jongin, you carry the baby" her umma handed him the baby and he had a hard time doing so

"Umma~ maybe she'll fall" he whined and his mother taught him how to carry the baby right by supporting the baby's head and back while the other is under the baby's .

"There, see? You can do it. Now go wait in the living room while we finish cooking neh?" His mom patted the baby's head and gently pushed him out of the kitchen and he carefully carried eunjoo in his arms and sat down slowly.

"I'm home!" His dad's voice thundered across the living room and Kai covered eunjoo's ears

"Appa! Don't shout, you'll damage eunjoo's ears" Kai scolded his father who in return, covered his mouth

"Mian, Adoption Month?" His father asked as he sat on the couch next to his and kai nodded in reply

"Neh, appa!" Kai narrowed his eyes at his father as he covered his nose

"Jongin, did you fart? What's that stinking smell?" his appa covered his nose to block out the stinking smell

"I think, eunjoo.." Kai trailed off as he smelled baby eunjoo and he was about to gag

"Umma! Can you change eunjoo's diapers?" Kai hurriedly went to the kitchen while holding his breath

"Jongin! We're cooking, take the baby to the bathroom and you change her diapers" His mother shooed him out of the kitchen and he begged for his father's help.

Kai laid eunjoo on the spacious sink, he clipped a peg on his nose and wore gloves.

"I can do this" He encouraged his self and peeled open the straps of the diapers and hell broke loose, the smell was unbearable even though he blocked and clipped his nose.

"Ummaaaaaa" he cried out for his umma as he dropped the dirty diaper in the trashbin and is now wiping her with a wet baby tissue without looking, he wiped it for a few times including her flower but he didn't look. Now, he poured powder on her cheeks and secure the straps on either side of the diaper.

"Finally" Kai threw his gloves, watched and sanitized his hands after. Carried eunjoo out of the bathroom and pulled the peg off, inhaling ample of air.

"Fresh airrrr~" He exclaimed and handed eunjoo to his mom.