Using Textures

hummingbirds tutorials

#2 tutorial :

Using Textures


Okay the next tutorial is going to be playing with "textures". There some good looking posters out there that usually uses textures as their background, but you can also uses textures to make your poster looks better. I usually use the textures as an add-ons to my posters and I added that textures in the end of editing. So now, I'm going to show you how to use them. :)

 

1. To get the textures is easy. Just open your browser and open Google.com or any other site, and then type textures in the box. If you find the textures that you're looking for, just save the imgae to your computer.

or if you wanted to get different kind of textures in one pack, you can also search for textures pack in the box. That way you will find a link to download the pack of different kind of textures. it'll be easier for you that way. :)

 

2. Okay so now you have your textures, open your Photoshop and open the image that you wanted to edit. For example, I'm going to use my boyfriend's image :)

 

3. And then open or drag the texture that you just save or downloaded, and drag the texture to the image that you're going to edit. 

if the image of the texture are too big or too small, you can resize it until you have the size that you wanted. ah yeah, the trick to resize the texture or any image without ruining the actual pict is by pressing the shift button on youor keyboard while resizing the image. 

 

4. now the fun part, blending the texture. to do it, on the right side (your right) pannel, you can see the blending of the texture layer. Right now, the blending is normal. But if you played around with it, choose on whatever blends that looks best to that texture. 

Usually, I uses screen or lighten for textues that looked a bit dark while I use multiply for textures that looked bright (ikr. opposites attracts lol). But sometimes, if I'm not happy with the results, I'll just play with the blends until I find that prefect one. 

 

5. If you already find the blend that you like or goes along with the image that you wanted, you can also play with the opacity or the fill of the texture layer.

  

You see, the opacity gives the texture layer a bit more transparant while the fill... err basically, both of them makes the texture layer more transparant (up until now I can't figure out the difference between those two-_-). So yeah, just play both of them (if you wanted) until yo're happy with the results. 

 

6. voila! Now you have that image with a texture in it :)

 

 


a lot of people also asking me for this so I Hope it helps you guys! :)

 

Subscribe & Vote