− i see fire

An Angel Feather.

 

"Wufan... interesting name." 

The angel's eyes scanned over the human's tall build and messy bleached hair. His lower lip had a crack from when he grinned. "Chanyeol seems interesting to me." Chanyeol's brow raised, "Really? How so?"

Wufan leaned forward, enough to get into his space yet not enough to make him uncomfortable. "Its your name." 

A laugh rumbled in the shorter male's throat, snapping his fingers with a roll of his eyes. "I thought you were going to say something about the very obvious fact that you're not from around this area, but hey, whatever works." Wufan puffed his cheeks out in a cute pout before he shrugged his shoulders. Apparently this human got along easily with everyone. He found no discomfort in the fact he was practically breathing in Chanyeol's air. "Is it really that obvious?"

"Well no, but I hear accents easy. And yours is loud to me. Mostly in the ends of your sentences."

A clear of his throat and an inquire about a walk echoed in the angel's mind as they were wandering down the worn brick pathway. "So what do you do, Chanyeol?" Chanyeol glanced up before he shrugged his shoulders. "Study things." "Like a scientist?" He smirked, "Sure... like a scientist." Wufan nodded before he spoke again, "I'm a--" "I know. You told me." "No no." His head shook and he reached up to push his bangs from his face. "I'm a ghostwriter, I write stories for other people." The angel bit down on his lower lip in an attempt to keep himself from saying he knew that too, but decided not to blow his cover.

"Really? What stories did you write?" The writer chuckled, "I wouldn't be very secretive if I told you now would I?"

He shrugged and glanced down towards where he had subtly let his knuckles brush against the other male's every now and then. It calmed him a bit to feel the random burst of serenity. "So.. where are we going?"

The chinese man looked around as he nodded towards a bench. "Let's sit, and then I'll help you find your way home." 

"No no, that won't be necessary." His brow raised as he looked towards Chanyeol, "Why not? Aren't you new around here?" His chest puffed in defense before he blinked. "How.. could you tell?" Wufan pointed back towards the way they had come as he plopped himself down on the wooden bench with a grin. "I watch Baekhyun paint everyday. Hence why he was rather jumpy when he saw you. People have gotten so tired of him being in the same spot, he's like a rock you can't move. Not to mention its usually the same damn painting everyday. I'm not really sure what he finds so interesting.. last time I asked him, he said because you can get different pictures each time you go to it. But honestly that just sounds like a load of sh-- I'm boring you aren't I?"

Cbanyeol shook his head, "Not at all. You see, when I said I study things, I meant people.. Think of it like a social experiment. So learning about this Baekhyun doesn't affect me at all."

The older man let a hum vibrate his vocal chords in acknowledgement before he held his hand out, "Do you have a cell phone?" Chanyeol nodded as he fished around in his pocket for it, it wasn't a pretty thing. But it certainly had more value than most human phones. "I actually have to go meet up with someone, they had class today and they can't really.. um hear. So I have to go pick them up. I can't really walk you home like I had planned... will you call me when you get home so I know you'll be okay?"

If the angel had his wings out, they would have certainly puffed up in offense. He didn't need to be watched after like a little child and he certainly wasn't about to be stepped on or treated like one. So after the writer put his number in, he snatched the device back with a glare. "I believe I can get myself home just fine, thank you. You should go meet up with your friend, you gotta pick them up."

Wufan blinked in confusion before he laughed and stood, "That has to be the first time I've seen your face give off some sort of emotion. You're cute when you're angry, by the way.. oh wait, do you like when people call you after the first or third date." Chanyeol almost growled. "Thirteenth." The writer snorted, "Horrible number. You should pick about first." He reached his hand out to ruffle the younger's hair with a nod. "I'll call you angel, you have the face of one." Almost spitting up on himself, Chanyeol's eyes widened before he narrowed his eyes. "Why.." "I just said, you have the face of one. Plus your shirt doesn't cover much, I can see those angel wing tattoos."

The angel rolled his eyes and swatted at the elder's hands. "Go. Away."

He laughed as he nodded, continuing to meander away until he had to shout over his shoulder. 

"See you later, angel! Maybe one day I'll take you to meet Luhan! But you gotta call me first!"

Chanyeol glared, "For someone who you just met, you sure do flirt with me a lot!"

"Oh please, that wasn't flirting!"

--

Hello hello! Sorry I haven't been around much and that this chapter is suuuuper short! My birthday is in eight days from today so I am working on getting everything all ready. Plus my boyfriend from across the country is here for about ten more days and I've been spending as MUCH TIME with him as I can. But I promise ((swear)) to update this more often once he leaves. I love you all! Thank you~ 

Comments and subscribers = faster updates!