− inhale

An Angel Feather.

 

 

His black boots touched down on the buildings roof with the snow crunching under them. He let out a breath of cold air and watched as the cloud of it get blown away by the wind swirling around him. The angel kneeled down to watch the city in disgust, his snowy white wings curled around him to make him invisable to anyone with a human eye and to protect him from the sharp, frosty wind that whipped at his face, turning his cheeks red. 

"Humans.. nothing but filth.. You'd think they'd learn how to take care of something they live on." 

"Too bad they don't, Anthony." 

He cringed, glaring up at the dark-skinned angel that landed beside him. The black feathers stretched high over his head before he pulled them close to his body. Kai never really had to hide his wings, he was never sent down to earth before. Yet Chanyeol figured it was time the young angel had a taste as well. "Jongin, would you like if I called you Kai? Would that perhaps make you understand the importance of names?" 

Kai narrowed his eyes before huffing and making mocking quotations with his index and middle fingers, elongating the syllables just to piss the elder off. "Toooo baaad theey dooon't, Chaaanyeool." The snow-feathered angel rolled his eyes before he looked out at the skyline again, pointing towards the west. "Our house is that way. get Sehun when you can and bring him there. I don't want any problems, alright?" The tanned boy nodded and Chanyeol could see the excitement growing in the other's eyes. "And control your feelings. The archangels sent you here for that." Kai looked towards him with his voice lowering to a whisper. "I don't want to forget.. neither does Sehun. Don't get high and mighty because you've been around a few hundred years. I don't want to forget my feelings just yet." 

Kai and Sehun had been on a train when they were killed. There was some sort of problem and the boys ended up using their bodies as a shield for three children. They died together so they both figured it would be fun to be angels together.. Chanyeol pitied them. Angel was never a good thing. Kai's wings were just as big as Chanyeol's. Yet black with a silver sheen. The color of an angel's wings never mattered, just as long as they were attached to your back. There have been stories of an angel getting his wings cut off and surviving.. but it was a slim to none chance considering the blood loss.. though if you got them sliced with an angel blade.. there was no way you're going to survive it. 

Sehun was different, his wings weren't any monochrome color. He wanted something vibrant, something that matched his stotic but famboyant attitude. So naturally, he went with a navy blue. It was dark, but not as black as Kai's but they were the only colored wings that Chanyeol had seen besides the archangel Gabriel's golden feathers. Sehun had gone to scout the north side of the city, looking for signs of any other supernatural creature that could hide in the shadows.. vampires and demons roamed around the earth freely, adapting faster than the angels could. Yet that isn't why Chanyeol was here. His job was to study the humans. Sehun and Kai's jobs were to destroy the pack of demons that had collected around. They could gather information as well if they wanted, but since the city was so close to where they lived before death, Chanyeol figured it would put a strain on things if they got noticed so he assigned them to something else on the way down.

With one last nod towards the black-winged angel. He stretched the white down and lept off the edge of the building, shoving himself away from the concrete and making his way towards the heart of the city. Figuring he'd find some sort of interesting soul to meet up with and share a few interesting facts. 

When he found himself an empty alleyway to land in, he touched down in the muddy water and shook out the snow from his feathers. Cursing himself for choosing winter for his job. He wandered out with his back straight and his chest puffed, the look and aura of confidence radiating off of him. 

In the park, he watched a painter pull his paints from a box to begin filling in the sketch he had done of the building in front of him. It mesmorized Chanyeol to the point he had forgotten his original goal. The way the brush over the canvas and the talent that seemed to just slide from the beautiful fingers. With his mind being clouded by the beauty, he stood and watched the entire time up until the human turned and jumped at the sight of him. He smiled softly and pulled out a card, handing it to him and nodding before he went back to putting away the paints.

It snapped the angel back into reality once he felt the sheepish emotion shoving its way into his fingertips where the artist had accidentally brushed his fingers against his. And just like that, it vanished altogether. When he pulled away, he ran straight into another man, this one almost his height.. just a few inches taller.

He felt the jolt of emotion with a gasp, his hand ing out to shove the male from him. Accidentally knocking the journal from his hand at the same time. Chanyeol knelt down to reach for it, his fingers shaking and his mind reeling from the thoughts that had rattled his brain and vibrated his bones. This man was a writer.. or at least he figured. The mind that had been shown to him in a flash certainly didn't belong to him. He was too young.

The taller knelt to help the angel up, sputtering something about not watching where he was going and his journal getting in the way but he quit once he saw him with the said journal in his hand and the way he shyed away from the touch. "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to completely knock you down.. Let me help you.."

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes and stood, brushing his knees off with a shake of his head. "No need. I can get myself up just fine, thank you." 

He grinned at the short male, his cheeks were red in embarrassment from falling and his brows furrowed when he glared. "Oh, well.. at least could you give me that back.. I need it for my story." The angel's brow raised, so he was right. This human was a writer. "Story? What story?" 

With a large hand reaching for the book, he gently took it back and opened it to the page he had been on, noticing the stripe of graphite where he had run into the other and dragged his pencil over the page. A frown formed on his lips before he pointed to the last sentence. "The story I was writing before I bumped into you.. um--" "Can I hear it?" "What" "Your story.. can I hear it?"

Chanyeol nodded towards the book to repeat what he said. "Or at least part of it?" When his hand had been on the journal, he had heard the whispers of characters and he heard the sounds of the setting. He wanted to know more about it. This human had talent, just as the artist did. "Please? I think it would be good." The writer bit down on his lower lip as he had his internal debate.. he did kind of owe the other something for knocking him over.. "I.. guess." 

With a grin, Chanyeol held his hand out towards the taller male. "Chanyeol. Nice to meet you."

Taking the angel's hand to shake it, he lowered his head in a polite nod before he spoke as well,

"Wufan. It's a pleasure."

--

Hello~ I'm aware the chapter is somewhat short, but pretty much it was just a filler chapter so that I could get the story up and running. You've met Kai, Chanyeol and (a bit of) Wufan already. I know the characters say only a few but pretty much the rest of the exo members will show up eventually. The ones mentioned are just the ones that will be showing up quite a bit. I hope you enjoy chapter one!