You held me down but I got up

Roar

That night, after Hyoyeon was done with the preparations, she collapsed on the bed and fell asleep. She tried to fight it because if Kris caught her resting again when he told her that she should be attending to him and his guests, he would give her another beating. Hyoyeon stood up and stood around in her room. In the mini fridge that she kept by her side, she reached for a beer and began to drink. Hyoyeon had a drinking and smoking problem. Whenever she got nervous, she could finish 20 cans of beer or an entire pack of cigarettes just to ease her anxiety. Right now, she was on her 5th cigarette, about to work her way through the pack.

I love him. I love him so much. But why does he treat me like this?  What have I done wrong? I dedicated every single waking minute to loving and serving him and he treats me like this? Well, this is the last straw. After this, I'm done!

Hyoyeon extinguished her cigarette in the ashtray and thought about the words she had just said. Usually, she'd say these words but would never mean them. Her hopes of breaking free from Kris' abusive grasp was usually burnt to ashes when wheneer she'd see Kris in the flesh. When they were together, she just shrunk and disappeared, 

No. Not this time. I'm not going to let him walk all over me. Not now, not ever. Not for the rest of my life.

I am no one's slave. 

[LATER THAT NIGHT]

Hyoyeon was dead tired and dead angry. She smoked and drank alone in her room while waiting for Kris' guests. What Hyoyeon prepared downstairs were just a few finger foods and some beer. From the window in her bedroom, she observed the guests that were about to arrive.

She saw a black car park right in front of their house. Hyoyeon arched her eyebrow and peered closer, beer can in hand.

"HYOYEON!" Kris called. Kris had just seen that the car had arrived. Hyoyeon refused to answer. "HYOYEON, DO NOT COME DOWN ALRIGHT. JUST STAY IN THERE AND LOCK YOURSELF IN!" he commanded. 

Okay. I won't come down. Now's not the right time. There's a perfect time for that. She thought as she puffed smoke. 

Hyoyeon did not reply. Kris hurried to the door and welcomed his guest.

"Hey baby." His guest was a tall, skinny, short-haired girl. She wore a mini black dress matched with black flats. She had a handbag with her. Kris looked at her lovingly and escorted her into the house.

"Hey baby. How you been doing?" Kris kissed her on the cheek. 

His guest's name was Soo Young. And she was his other girlfriend. 

Soo Young and Kris sat on the sofa and as soon as they did, the food and drinks that Hyoyeon prepared went unnoticed. The two started kissing and making out, resulting in Soo Young lying down and Kris dominating on top of her. The kissing became more torrid as groping and reaching underneath fabric became involved. The and groaning got louder and louder that Hyoyeon could hear it through her door.

She knew Kris was cheating on her. He was always this way. Making her stay up in her room and lock herself while he had with several other women. 

This time, no more. It's me or nothing. Hyoyeon thought as she crumpled the beer can angrily in her hand. 

They wouldn't be prepared for Hyoyeon's comeback.