Story review #1

Tomboys Don't Cry

This story got a review!!

 

mashimarofan is a tough critic, and she writes her own pretty hot ...so it's kind of an honour to get even a HELLO from her, but here's where you can read what she and her reviewing partner actually had to say about my very first MissTER fic "Tomboys Don't Cry" (http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/25016/356#comments) and it ain't all bad ... not bad at all!

I do believe it was reviewed by mashi's reviewing partner in crime cutiepiehunter

Either way Mashi/Cutiepie included this excerpt of the story:

Milk was still afraid to lose a friend. That was beyond the pretty notion of 'I care about you therefore I'm telling you this'. Also, if she came clean and the object of her affection accepted her advances, what would become of the friendship if the romance didn't pan out?

Sensing hesitation, Chris gripped Milk's forearm and gave her one last word of advice:

"Tell Chiao."

She smiled the kind of Chris-smile that Milk adored for its sincerity.


Story:  Tomboys don't cry

Author:  missterious


Synopsis:  Milk's heart hurts when Chiao is in pain. Why can't tomboys be together? Milk has kept her secret for years, maybe she should just bury it once and for all.

Genre:  Romance

Group: CPOP, MissTer

Gripes: In some ways I found it to be a very typical love story, with the exception of the protagonists being women. I don’t think there’s anything wrong in writing something cliché but I really craved some or any kind of surprise. While I’m glad you stuck to your central plot, I would have liked it to not be so predictable.

 

Review: So here's the bottom line. Technically it's very well written, AND it's C-pop. AFF doesn't really cater to anyone outside the kpop genre, so it was refreshing to see another band being written. Admittedly I've no clue who they are, but still I could sympathize with the main characters. This was my first girl on girl fic, so I can't really compare it to anything else out there or provide you with insight on their relationships but i did enjoy it for what it was.

P.S. Is the girl really called Milk? Is that why you have a tag "niunai?"

Grading:  ★ ★ ★ ★

 

 

A/N:  i love that cutiepiehunter had not reviewed any girl-on-girl stories until mine. And that she asked if Milk is really Milk's real name lol.

Here's a link directly to the Review/Recommendation shop that mashi and cutie run! Do check it out if you need a thorough review of your stories!