day three

(500) Days of Summer

October 27, 2009

 

I don't know what time it is, my apartment

 

 Sooyoung likes to wake me up at ungodly times of the night. I learnt that the hard way when I woke up to her jumping on me in the middle of the night. After a huge round of screaming, we ended up laughing at each other. She was like, 'Oh sorry, Changmin-ssi, I tripped over my overnight bag and I didn't see anything. So I accidentally landed on you.' Yeah right. I won't take that; her hair was perfectly groomed and there was no morning breath. Still, I didn't mind waking up to a woman landing on me. I guess it helps to move the relationship along. 

 

 She spent the rest of the night in my room, on my bed, with her head against my chest again. It looks like she's gonna have to move permanently into my room, since she's always finding excuses to wander back to mine in the middle of the night. Also! She cooks quite well! I'm very happy with this; it means I don't have to spend lots on take-aways because I... cannot cook. But don't tell her that, because she's kinda smug about the whole 'I-cook-better-than-husband-ssi' thing.

 

 "You can drop the -ssi," I told her. She looked at me and tested it out.

 

 "Changmin." I liked the way she said my name.

- - - -

November 2, 2009

 

 9:00 AM, my apartment

 

 "Do you like orange or mango?" she asked me. To help us understand each other a lot more, I decided that we should play 20 Questions. Her very first question was to ask me about fruit. I told her mango, because orange is too strong. She smiled and nodded her agreement. 

 

 "What's your bra size?" I asked her. She deflated slightly and narrowed her eyes at me, cocking her head to one side like Are-you-kidding-me? So I just shrugged and waited for her answer. She sighed and got up, walking over to my side and leaning close to my ear. When she told me, my eyes widened slightly. "Really?" she nodded and her cheeks coloured really dark, which was really cute. Well... this changes a lot. She's obviously more womanly than I thought.

 

 "What's your ideal woman?" she asked.

 

 "You." obviously. Even though I was forced into this marriage, she was my ideal woman. She was happy, she shared a lot of interest with me, she actually laughs at a lot of my dumb jokes... truthfully, I did love her. Her reaction was to laugh and playfully punch my shoulder, then she looked at my face and found that I was serious. She stayed still for a while, then smiled sweetly at me. She walked over to me and hugged me, which made me hopeful that she may move on to much stronger feelings, like what I felt for her. 

 

 "Will you be able to love me?" I asked, a bit hesitant since this was a form of confession. She stayed still in my arms for a moment, then she pulled back and smiled. Her hands played with the hair at the back of my neck, and I had the sense that she was a bit nervous.

 

 "We'll see."

 

 Keh. She's already mine.

 

- - - - 

 

 November 5, 2009

 Midnight, in the local park.

 

 Sooyoung told me she likes taking walks. I don't know what compelled me to walk with her in the middle of the night, but I guess I was just weird. And besides, I have a game plan. If she could learn to fall in love with me, then I'll do whatever it takes to make sure she sees my side of things. The only thing is... it's absolutely freezing. And I'm standing here chattering to death, while she... well, she's so weird. She's only wearing a coat, boots and some leggings, but she looks absolutely fine. "Why are we here?" she asked me, looking around. To be honest, I have absolutely no idea. She might even be laughing at me silently, but she looks like she's genuinely interested on what we're about to de here in the park. Maybe we should just go for a run, because I seriously am about to freeze to death. 

 

 "I h-have no i-idea..." I told her, still freezing. She seems to be confused, because she frowned at me. What the hell do I do now? I feel so useless in the cold. I never expected her to take my hand and lead me for a low jog around the park. I don't do excercise, and I don't like running in the cold. So it really surprised me when she told me she liked to run in the cold, because (and she smiled really cutely) when it's cold, she doesn't sweat as much. I figured this was a woman thing, so I just nodded my head and told her I understood. 

 

 It feels... kinda nice to be holding hands with her. Which is kinda gay, because I'm old enough to stop thinking like I've just gone on my first date. But this was nice, and if I can go jogging at midnight with her holding my hand then I guess excercise is fine with me. Then I we went round a fountain and that's where happened. I sort of slipped and almost fell into the water, except Sooyoung caught me and tried to hold me back. But she was gonna fall into the water, so I felt like this would be my fault if she caught a cold. So I twisted around and fell into the water instead. It was shallow, so it didn't cover me much. BUT IT WAS SO, SO COLD!!!!!! I'M GOING TO DIE!!!!

 

 Sooyoung was so upset when we had to run back to the apartment, she kept apologizing and her eyes started to water. Then she was crying when she poured warm water into the foot bath. I felt like this was all my mess anyway, so I tried to soothe her. But then I sneezed really loud, and my nose started to hurt and she cried even harder. I then remembered Hyo noona's words; 'If you make her cry, I will kill you.' I had no intentions to make Sooyoung cry, but I valued my life. And she looked so unhappy. So I hugged her and told her I'd be fine, I was much warmer and that I wasn't 'going to die because of her', as she put it. She stopped crying after a while, and told me she was tired. I led her to the spare room and told her goodnight, making my way to my room. I changed into my pyjamas, sneezing still, but warmer than before. I turned around and she was standing in the door way, dressed in her pyjamas. She still looked good; how do women do that? 

 

 "Y-You... need to sleep..." she said, her eys on the floor. I was intrigued on what she had to say, so I decided to let her continue by herself. Her cheeks were red again, and I found myself enjoying this immensely. She's just so darn adorable! "And... you're still sick so... you need someone near you just in case you... you... n-need something..." I was grinning now; she wanted to spend the night with me. I don't care what you guys say, but I wasn't about to pass on the chance to sleep next to her. So I casually turned down the quilt and sat on the bed, waiting for her. She still looked uncomfortable, and closed the door behind her. I smiled, trying to ease her tensions and patted the seat next to me. Her reaction was lightning fast. She quickly zoomed over to me and jumped, her arms around my shoulders and her legs tucked around me. 

 

 I kissed her shoulder and turned off the lights, lowering us both onto the bed. When she was comfortable sleeping on my left side (she seems to like sleeping that way), I her hair. It was one of the things I loved best about her; her hair was always so soft. "You're evicted from the guest room, okay?" I could feel her smile on my chest.

 

------------------------