The Blue Envolepes(1)

Siwon, and his Kyuhyun

Hey everyone, I know I said I will post only one-shots here. But let me add, sometimes I might post stories that will take 2/3 Chapters to end, okay? I will mark the stories with different titles. I know I can post them as individual stories, but I am too lazy, and I love the readers here already. So, now begins the story “The blue envelops”  

It is about our Wonkyu, of course. But, they are living a different life in the story. Choi Siwon is a 26 year old, simple polite office-going guy; and Cho Kyuhyun is a school going boy in his neighborhood. (Sorry I at summaries).

 

 

“The blue Envelopes”

 

(1)

 

The way he leads his life, the way he walks, the way he talks, the way he carries himself- never ever a person has questioned his uality. Forget about questioning, he can bet no one has even thought about it. Everyone in his life has just assumed he is straight. Straight as a pole. His one timed beautiful girlfriend played as quite a prove. He is usually known for his gentle manners, and polite smiles with dimples. An honorable young man- with a good height, and a very handsome face. Every Korean mother’s dream is to have a son like him, or a son-in-law, at least.

Yet, in reality, Choi Siown is a gay man. He wonders if people will consider him all the things they now, if they come to know his secret. Not that it matters what people think, but he never did anything wrong in his life. He just doesn’t think he would  deserve to be scorned just for his ual preference. He is a good man. He has worked hard for everything he got today.

He plates his sunny side eggs on the plate, pours himself some orange juice in a neat glass, and sits alone in the kitchen. He has woken up early in the morning like always in time; so he has time to do his breakfast properly. Choi Siwon is never late at his work. He takes a sip of the juice, and looks around-  no, his apartment is surely not too big; but sometimes just for one person? Yes, it feels a little too big. His girlfriend moved out last year, and he has been living alone ever since. He neatly bites on his toasts, and questions himself- how long he is going to live like this? He lives a good life though; earns a very good amount of money, has his own apartment(going to buy a nice car next month), calls his mom everyday, and goes out with his few friends at weekends. Nothing bad. But will he never do what his heart really wants to do? Will his life never be better, or extraordinary, more than just average “good”?

Finishing his breakfast, he drops the plates in the sink, and determines something significant. A step that might possibly change his life. He throws his long coat over his wide shoulders, grabs his bag, locks the door, and gets to the stairs. He lives on the sixth floor, he skips the elevator most of the time. In winter, especially, as it helps to get the body warm faster. His heart beats fast. He could feel his heart hammering inside his ribs, like a fighting bird trapped a cage. Can he really be that brave person? What if things go wrong? What if the boy isn’t there today? Countless questions crowd his head.

He feels impatient and rushes to get out of the building, dashing on his long legs. Last night it snowed heavily. And as soon as outside the building, he feels his shoes sinking a little in the caked white snow on the road. A few puffs come out of his mouth as he pants standing in the cold. Hell, he feels nervous. He looks at the other side of the road. A few car passes by, and his eyes wait to find the one they want. And, after a while finally they do find the one…the boy with apple like sweet face, and chocolate like hair.

Choi Siwon, dressed in black, and his black glossy leather bag in one hand, stands still, looking at the boy in crimson coat. A piece of color in Siwon’s average shabby world. He needed to cross that road today no matter what. He forms a tight grip in his gloved hand, and notices the boy’s pale hands across the road. Why is the boy not wearing any gloves? Or any thick overcoat than just that school’s uniform coat? What is he thinking? And, what’s always with that bitter look and scowl on that sweet, pretty face?? Siwon wants to ask everything to the boy. He is going to ask the boy what the hell is going on in that little head of his! Siwon takes his first step, then the second, and then the next, and the next. His eyes fixed on the boy. His mind-all occupied with the boy-and the letter after letter that he received from the boy. All those blue envelopes for last 3 years. Every freaking month a blue envelope has reached Choi Siwon’s doorstep. Even those 8 months in the middle when his girlfriend Tiffany was there with him.

The envelopes always had same thing written on them-

“To ,

        Choi Siwon”

 And the letters contained the same simple lines all the times-

Hi,

I love you. I know one day getting out of your house in the morning, you will become mine.So, I wait. I wait for you every morning to see if it’s that day.

Never give up,

Cho Kyuhyun.

 

Seriously, who writes a letter like that? The first sentence “I love you” and ends with  “Never give up”?  The kid was clearly a freaking nut job, Siwon was sure not to talk to him and get into trouble.Of course, he never replied or made any move in return to those letters. He ignored them. He read them every month, got out of his building every 6 days in the morning (to go to his University during the first year, and the next two years to go the office), saw the boy, and did nothing. Frankly, he even waited last few months for the letters to arrive. But, the kid’s uniform coat clearly indicated he goes to school; a very reputed one actually. No way Siwon was getting involved with a school going kid. Besides, kids these days tend to have strange obsessions, and things going on. Being gay was in the trend- he heard many times, in fact. And, no, Siwon was not to give in to some kid’s weird gay obsession. He was living a life of a straight man. He never went out with a male person, and he certainly had no plans to go out with school/college going brat. He just wanted to ignore the matter, and hoped the kid would stay out of creating any serious trouble. Even when his girlfriend found out about the letters, and somehow figured out the whole thing suddenly one day, Siwon prevented her from going to the boy’s parents. She wanted to complain about the boy for lurking over her boyfriend. Things eventually came out, and Tiffany left. Siwon apologized to her several times later, and made his last request to her not to go the boy’s parents. He had better ideas about the matter. Being gay was no joke. He wanted to have no business with the boy.    

Yet, today to reach that boy there he is on his way of crossing the road he never did before. Is he being silly and insane? Is he doing the right thing? Choi Siwon’s brilliant mind like usual had very beautiful and right answers to these questions. But for the first time in years, he doesn’t like them, and so neither does follow; instead he listens to his usually neglected, very foolish heart, and continues his walk. 

 

Reaching to the other side of the road, he takes his stand silently under a lamp post, and gives a good look at the boy for the very first time. The boy in uniform is standing, with one elbow resting on the parking meter, only a few feet farther from Siwon now. Don’t they say not to touch it without reasons? Siwon hangs his head-what is he getting himself into?

But then, now that he is nearer, notices from the side that the boy have very beautiful red lips, and yes, he was probably two inches shorter than him. Still an unusually good height for a young boy without question. The boy’s beautiful face was completely straight and apathic though. He didn’t even once glanced at him. Was it possible the kid had not written those letters to him after all? Siwon double questions himself for a second. No way. He had surely seen the look on the kid’s face the first time he received a letter, and got out of his building in the morning. Siwon was more than sure, he had definitely seen that ‘Yes, I am that Cho Kyuhyun, you moron’ look on his face; which by the way, he ignored as politely and fastly as possible by walking away.

So, what does he do now? He couldn’t just go to a bratty boy, and say “Hey, the day is finally here. let’s date”, right? More to that most importantly, what if the boy REALLY isn’t the one to write him the letters? Because really, besides his own assumptions, and the fact his girlfriend said it was the boy, his name was Cho Kyuhyun- nothing fully confirmed the letters were the boy’s deed. So, Suddenly the thought hits Siwon…it hits him hard in the gut. Could it be that he was just having one-sided thoughts or feelings for this boy for the last 3 years of his life? Was it only him making up these things? The thinking of mere possibilities freeze Siwon.And so, if after all, it was just him being delusional, what is he supposed to do now? What does he do with his obvious feelings for the boy?

.

.

.

To be continued