-Act 12-

Frozen Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Act 12-

"What the hell did he mean about that my rule should be arriving soon? Is he sending the rule in another form?" Sungjong bit his lip and looked around the woods. He did not have time to sit around and wait.  He needed to get his soul back,  He needed to save inspirit from his selfishness.  This winter was his fault.

"Sungjong..." He heard a female voice behind him and turned around.  He knew who it was, and could not believe Yeomra would pull something like this.  Sungjong looked at the girl and glared at her.  He did not want her to get involved.  Sungjong knew that she would only get hurt.

"What are you doing here?" Sungjong asked in a cold voice.  He knew why she was here, but he just did not want to believe that it was true.   

"Didn't Yeomra tell you?" Yoreum asked. "I am your rule. You have to take me with you to find whatever you are looking for.  Yeomra did not tell me everything, but he said it was important for me to go with you."

"No!" Sungjong said in an even colder voice.  If she came with him and if the Snow Witch attacked. Everything he did to protect her and his kingdom would be a failure.  "You are not coming with me!"

"You cannot tell me what to do Sungjong ah." Yoreum said as she got off her horse for a moment and reached in her bag and fed it an apple.  She pulled out a second apple for Sungjong's horse, Destiny. "Here you go Destiny. I know how much you love apples." She pet Sungjong's horse and smiled.

"I know that I cannot tell you what to do, but it does not mean that I do not approve of you coming with me. What if you get hurt?" Sungjong said trying to not show concern.  Lately he has been starting to feel emotion again, but he soon loses those emotions and feels nothing.

"I can take care of myself." Yoreum smirked as she looked at Sungjong, "You don't need to protect me because I can protect myself.  Things will turn out fine." Yoreum mounted her horse again, "You do not need to tell me what you are looking for.  I am just here to assist and help you with any obstacle that need to fire to defeat them."

"I knew he was going to pull something like this." Sungjong sighed. "Everything comes with a price with that man.  I guess it is my fault for making that deal with him, but it had to be done."

"What had to be done?" Yoreum asked as she looked at Sungjong.

"Nothing..." Sungjong sighed.  He bit his lip and looked at her with his icy blue eyes. "I guess it cannot be helped.  I will let you come under one condition. If I tell you to take cover or run, you will do it."

Yoreum sighed and knew that she should agree with what Sungjong asked of her, but as much as she did not want to. Yoreum did not want Sungjong to end up in another coma. "Fine. I will do that for you if you ask." She lied.  If Sungjong ever told her to run, she was not going to.  Yoreum was going to stay by Sungjong's side and fight alongside him.  She was not going to let him take on that burden.

"Thank you..."Sungjong said as he started on his way again.

"Are you going to at least tell me where we are heading?" Yoreum asked, "Can you at least tell me that?"

"The North Mountain." Sungjong said in a annoyed voice.

"Is there something important there, Sungjong?" Yoreum asked.  She knew that Sungjong was not going to give her a straight answer there were things that he wanted her to know and there were things that he had to keep secret.

"You asked to many questions." Sungjong sighed. "All you need to know the that we are going to the North Mountain."

Yoreum sighed and had a feeling that the reason why they were heading to the North Mountain was to try and return Sungjong to his old self. Yeomra turned him into a person with no emotions and she knew that object that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter