Chapter 4

Sea Turtle

Day 5; Rei was all ready to go; he had his prescription swimming goggles, his new swimming trunks, and his swimming hat. He was on the diving boards and when he dived in; his form was perfect however, his swimming performance was terrible. He wasn’t able to swim at all. So, Haru went in and helped him learn how to swim and how and when to take breaths for freestyle swimming.
After all the teaching, Haru stood aside and went to see how his lesson paid off. He was disappointed and angered to the fact that he turned to me.
Haru: Oi, Shi.
Me: What is it Haru?
Haru: You deal with this problem we have here.
Me: Okay.
Everyone but Haru, Rei, and I left. Haru went to talk to Rei for a bit and I then dived into the pool and swam towards Rei.
Rei: Shiro-senpai stop, just admit it I’m a failure. I can’t swim and I won’t ever learn how to swim.
Me: No.
Rei: What? Did you not hear what I just said?
Me: I heard what you said but I’m not giving up on helping you.
Haru: Listen to her for once. When she is determined to help you and she won’t give up until you are able to swim.
Rei: Eh?! Really?!
Me: Okay, so you tried stroke, backstroke, and freestyle. Can you try doing all those three once again?
Rei: Ano, alright then.
Rei did all three of them and he ended up failing like he said he would.
Me: Why don’t we try the butterfly alright? I mean we never tried that before have we?
Rei: Ano, we haven’t! Will you teach me how to do the butterfly then Shi-senpai?
Me: Of course!
Rei: Arigato gozaimasu!
Me: Don’t thank me yet!!
We started our late lesson on the butterfly and our surprise Rei was able to do it. I smiled and got out of the pool. I went to the change room and got changed. I came out and told Rei that it was time for all of us to go home.
Day 7; I woke up bright and early changed into my swimming suit and put my uniform on top of it. I went to wake Haru up and made breakfast. We both went to the swimming pool and went swimming together. We waited and saw that Rei came early to practice butterfly. I just smiled to see how committed Rei was to swimming now that he was focused and concentrated on it. I just looked at the sky and floated on water while Haru was floating with his eyes closed and is enjoying the water. I got out of the water which caught Haru’s attention.
Haru: So soon?
Me: I want to get myself dry before the others come for practice. I need to put on lotion after I swim anyways so while both you and Rei swim I will be watching. And when did you get this clingy to me anyways?
He just said nothing and continues swimming. I get out of the pool and went to change into my uniform. I came out with a bottle of lotion in my hand and rubbed it all over my legs and arms. I then got some sunscreen and rubbed it all over my face, arms, legs, and neck. I quickly went to my bag to look for some food to eat after swimming and floating.
Haru soon rose from the pool to dry himself off and walked off somewhere else. I didn’t follow him and I continued watching Rei do his butterflies. I was too busy focused on Rei’s swimming that I didn’t notice someone coming up from behind me. They then covered my eyes and told me to guess who it was.
Me: Mmm, is it Nagisa?
Nagisa: How did you know?!
Me: Nagisa, you are the only one who would do that to me other than my parents.
Nagisa: I’ll get you next time Shi-kun! Who’s that doing the butterfly? Is that Haru-chan doing it?
Makoto: But Haru only does freestyle.
Haru: That isn’t me. It’s Rei doing butterfly.
Me: Hai, hai, why don’t you all get in the pool already.
Nagisa: Nyaahhhh! Fine! I’ll take to you soon then Shi-kun!
Me: *pushes Makoto in the swimming pool* Hai, hai. Have fun swimming.
Makoto: GAHH!!
Nagisa: Aren’t you gonna come in and swim as well?
Me: No, I already had my morning swim but, thanks for the offer Nagi-chan.
Nagisa: Hehe, Shi-kun did anyone tell you that you are pretty?
Me: Erm… yes quite a few have told me that in the past. Why do you question this Nagi-chan?
Nagisa: Nothing, it’s just that you are really pretty that’s all.
Makoto then swims to Nagisa and told him to get swimming.
Me: Oi Mako-chan!
Makoto: What is it Shi-chan?
Me: Nothing, just remember to smile.

With that, Makoto smiles and gets back to swimming practice again. I just sit there watching all of them have fun and swim together.