Chapter 3

Into Your World

"Now, can somebody please explain why you guys are in my house?"

Jaemi watched the boys exchange looks with one another; they seemed to be having a mental fight over who should talk. In the end, the polite blonde guy who had told her to sit earlier spoke. "We are here on our father’s order."

"Your father, who’s your father? I certainly do not know any man with eleven sons." Jaemi frowned. The situation only got more confusing the more they explained.

"I can explain if you promise not to interrupt." He looked at her intently.

Jaemi didn’t know why she had to promise him such a thing, but seeing as there was no other way to find out what they wanted from her, she nodded.

“Okay, first of all, let me just clarify that the eleven of us are not biological brothers. We are brothers because our father adopted us. We are brothers because we live together and have grown up together. Some of us have been together longer than others. I was the first to be adopted.”

Jaemi slowly nodded, not sure what their brotherly relationships had to do with her.

“There is a reason why our father chose to adopt us, specifically us.” He started again hesitantly. “You see, the eleven of us are special. And he has ordered us to come find you because you are too. Special.”

Jaemi stared at them.

Then, somebody snorted. It was the rude guy who she had heard thoughts of earlier. “Aish! Suho hyung! What are you even saying? Can’t you try to make sense a little?”

Suho glared at him. “Fine, why don’t you explain then, Baekhyun?”

To that the rude guy shrugged nonchalantly. “Alright, I will!”

He turned to look Jaemi straight in the eyes. All traces of joking around were gone, now he was serious. EXO wasn’t something he would joke about. “Listen here Jaemi-ssi. There is this world called EXO and it coexists with your world, the mundane world. What sets the world of EXO apart from the ‘norm’ is that EXO is a world of powers or what you would probably call ‘magic’. The people of EXO all have superpowers, but the range of superpowers is very large. Some people have very small, what I would call insignificant and useless powers, while there’s people like the eleven of us who have strong powers. That is what Suho hyung meant by special, and that is why our father adopted us, because he recognized the importance and strength of our powers. And now he has sent us here to find you because although you didn’t know, you are a member of EXO. You have a telepathic power. The ability to communicate using the mind. Telepathic powers are very rare and precious and it could also be very dangerous. That is why our father has sent us here, to teach you how to control your power.”

Jaemi finished listening without interrupting once, no matter how ridiculous the things they said were. "So you guys all have special superpowers? Pff, daebak! You think I’m gonna believe that?"

"I think you already do though. You knew the moment you first heard voices in your head. You just don’t want to admit it." Baekhyun said without any sass which was surprising for him.

"Okay, even if I believe you, why should I care about your father’s orders? He’s the ruler of your world, not mine. I don’t need to do what he says. I believe what you say, but I’d rather not get involved in this. I just want to live normally. The voices in my head are already enough."

Most of the boys looked crestfallen at what she said. But it was true. Focusing on her power would only bring back painful memories of the day her dad left, and there was no good in being special. Being special usually meant dealing with ‘special’ annoyances.

Then, somebody spoke up. "Don't you want to learn how to control it, your power?"

Jaemi looked over to the person who spoke. He was one of the boys who had been sitting quietly while all the others had been laughing and talking. And as her gaze fixed itself upon his face, she was caught in his stare. His eyes bore into hers and she felt almost violated, as if he could see into the deepest core of her soul. And yet, she was unable to look away. His question had hit the bull’s eye. If she could control her power then the voices in her head wouldn’t be able to bother her anymore.

The connection was broken by Suho’s voice. Jaemi snapped her head away from the guy. "We can help you learn how to control your ability, Jaemi-ssi." Suho said kindly. Her gaze flickered back to the guy briefly only to meet those eyes again. His stare was riveting and unavoidable.

"How? How are you going to help me?" She asked still unable to break away from his stare.

"We will teach you how to use your power the way we learned how to use ours. Once you learn how to use your powers, it is your choice whether to use it or not." Suho explained patiently.

Jaemi thought about it but was interrupted by a familiar voice. She’s gonna say no. Should've known, she’s just another typical mundane in denial when faced with the unbelievable.

"I'm not in denial!" She glared daggers at the damned bacon guy. Everybody was startled and looked at her in confusion, except for Baekhyun who was only startled.

"Y-you read my thoughts?!" Jaemi raised a brow at him. "No, I just occasionally shout random things to myself." The best treatment for overly sarcastic people was sarcasm itself.

Chanyeol snorted and clapped Baekhyun on the back. The tension diffused and smiles appeared on a few faces. “But you’re not supposed to be able to use your powers yet! Earlier was just a fluke.” Baekhyun protested.

Jaemi decided to give him another taste of his own medicine and shrugged with a smirk. Baekhyun could only grumble to himself. It was rare to meet someone who could heads with him. 

“But it still doesn’t make sense! Teaching me cannot be the only reason why you guys came. I don’t think it’s necessary to have all eleven of you teach me how to use my power?”

The boys fell silent. They didn’t tell Jaemi about the real reason they were here, which was to become their father’s heir. While some of the boys who didn’t care about the throne wanted to be honest, the ones who cared were stubborn about keeping it a secret. Unknown to Jaemi, they had promised each other that they wouldn’t tell the truth because it might sabotage their plan to win her over.

“Our father was unsure which of our powers would be best for bringing out your inner power so he sent all of us.” Suho felt bad for lying but she was not ready for the whole truth yet, she had just barely accepted that EXO was real. To stop her from questioning further, he quickly spoke again. “To prove it to you, we will show you a little bit of our powers.” The others nodded in agreement.

“Um, is that safe?” Jaemi asked fearing for the safety of herself and the mansion.

She saw smiles appear on some of the boys’ faces. “Don’t worry, we know what we’re doing.” Suho replied.

 

 

A/N: Hi sorry for being MIA for so long! I've been busy with work. This chapter has not been edited yet so I'll apologize in advance, sorry! But still, hope you enjoy! Please comment, subscribe or upvote! Thank you for supporting this fic :)