Chapter 2

Into Your World

Jaemi whistled as she approached her mansion, holding grocery bags in both her arms. When she had left home this afternoon, she had meant to make a quick trip to the supermarket to stock up her emptying fridge, but on the way there she had met an old friend. One thing lead to another and she had already spent several hours in the coffee shop with her friend. After saying goodbye to her friend she had remembered that she still had to go to the store, hence the reason for her late return.

The sun was beginning to give off an orange glow, signalling the approaching sunset. It was a good thing that she was almost home now because sunsets during the summer meant that it was late. Not that it was unusual for her to be home late though, since there was no curfew. To be more specific, there was nobody to make any curfews.

As Jaemi came closer to her house, she began to feel that something was off. The front gate was wide open and light peeked out through the shutters of her living room window. She was sure that she hadn’t even touched the light switches today since the sunlight was always enough during the early hours. She shook her head like a wet dog; living by herself in such a large house had always made her a bit paranoid. Thinking it was her own mental problem she confidently stepped towards the door and grabbed the handle. Without even sliding her key into the lock, the door opened easily to her slight tug making Jaemi frown. Jaemi knew she had locked up. There must be a thief! Gingerly, she entered the house with her heavy groceries, prepared to chuck them at the first person she saw.

That was far from what happened. As she stormed into the living room with her groceries at the ready, she was met with a room full of young men. Although most of the boys didn’t have black hair, she could tell that they were Asian; her Korean blood was able to recognize fellow Koreans.

There was a pause where nobody did anything but stare. Then her jaw dropped along with her groceries because she had lost her grip out of surpise. She blinked twice and took a deep breath wondering if she was hallucinating.

She’s about to scream.

Jaemi’s eyes widened and she froze. A voice. No, it was several voices who said the same thing simultaneously. Suddenly, she was brought back to that day with her dad. That day when her dad had spoken but hadn’t at the same time. She remembered it like it had happened only this morning. The strange familiar feeling made her forget for a moment that her house was now occupied by eight strangers. But only for a moment.

Wow, she didn’t scream.

Jaemi’s eyes skimmed around the room until her eyes landed on one boy. For some reason, she just knew that it was him who she heard, call it intuition. He looked quite surprised as she glared at him, and so were the rest of the boys who had all witnessed the little interaction. They didn’t think she would be able to hear their thoughts. But it would make sense because so much power was in the room, their inner powers probably triggered hers.

Jaemi stared at the boys for a few more seconds before deciding that she didn’t need to call the popo. At least not yet. Curiosity, as always, got to her; she wanted to know who these boys were. They seemed to know that she had heard their thoughts. She had seen the recognization on their faces when she had heard their thoughts. They didn't say anything though and simply waited for her reaction.

Calmly Jaemi took a deep breath and asked in Korean. "Who are you guys? And how did you get into my house? And why? What do you want with me?" As if a wall of ice had been broken, the awkward atmosphere disappeared as soon as she spoke.

"Woah woah, slow down there! To answer your questions, I’m Baekhyun. And yeah, Kai teleported into your house, sorry bout that." The guy who spoke was the one who she had glared at earlier. He didn’t look sorry at all. And the guy beside him gave him a warning look which Baekhyun shrugged off. "Umm.. as for the last two questions, it’s a long story, I’m sure somebody else besides me would be happy to explain?" He said sarcastically as he turned around to eye the other guys.

Jaemi stared at him blankly for a second. "You’re kidding me right?" She raised one long brow at him. "You really expect me to believe that? Teleport, what?"

"Oh dear, here we go." Baekhyun mocked with a roll of his eyes and went and sat down on the couch.

Jaemi didn’t know why that instead of feeling scared or wary, right now, she felt insulted. How could a total stranger act so rude and make her feel ridiculously stupid when he was the one who barged in here without permission? If anything, she should be the one to give rude comments. "You know what," Jaemi started bravely. "I don’t care about your reasons. Just get out of my house." She said this while directing it solely on Baekhyun although it applied to all of the strangers.

This brought his attention back to her. There was a look of surprise on his face. And it was his turn to raise his eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Yes, get out right now," Jaemi demanded while taking out her phone from her jean pocket. "Or else I will call the police."

The next thing happened so quickly that Jaemi had no time to register what even occurred. One second she was glaring sternly at Baekhyun and the next she was staring into a different pair of eyes. His face was only an inch from hers. Way too close. Jaemi stopped breathing.

"Kai!" Another guy said with alarm.

"Don’t worry I got this,” Kai assured them. Without looking away from Jaemi, he said "Tao."

And then her phone was gone, and Kai was sitting on the couch as if nothing had happened. Jaemi looked at her phone which was now in the hold of a tall, smirking guy with short silver hair. She blinked. And opened but no words came out.

"I suggest you sit down and listen to what we have to say." Kai said with a smirk on his face.

"Kai." A guy with blond hair said in a warning tone. He looked at Jaemi with an apologetic expression. "Jaemi-ssi, if you could give us a chance to explain," he asked politely and gestured to an unoccupied armchair across from Kai. At least one of them had manners. She was about to ask how he knew her name when the doorbell rang.

“Sounds like the rest of the guys are here.” Baekhyun noted.

Jaemi turned to him. “The rest?”

But he only shrugged and nudged the tall guy beside him. “Maknae, go get the door.” Without a word, the maknae got up and went to welcome the new guests.

Jaemi stared after him for a second until realization hit her and she ran to catch up with the maknae. She grabbed his arm to stop him. “Yah, why are you answering my door?” He didn’t reply and just stared at her. She pushed past him and stopped in front of her door. She hesitated; it was obvious that the people behind the door were with these guys. But was it okay to let more strange boys in? The bell rang again and the maknae reached for the handle. Jaemi decided that she didn’t have a choice, because if she didn’t open the door, one of the boys would.

Jaemi swung the door open. Three smiling faces greeted her, and she slammed the door on those faces. The maknae looked at her with a shocked expression. And she looked back at him with the same surprise. Slowly she opened the door again to three now stunned faces. For a minute nobody spoke; everybody was too shcked by what she had done.

The awkward silence was broken when Jaemi finally apologized with a sheepish expression. The boys recovered quickly, waving away her apology like it was no bog deal. Then, they looked past her at the maknae.

“Sehun!” One of the boys exclaimed. “Is everyone else already here?” To that, Sehun, the maknae nodded. He wasn’t much of a speaker, Jaemi noticed.

“We’re in here!” claimed a voice from the living room. The three new guests gave Jaemi a look. She sighed and grudgingly invited them inside.

As soon as all the boys were united in her living room, the volume suddenly increased. They all started talking at once about their flight to Canada and about some “old man’s orders”. Jaemi hadn’t had this many visitors in her house before and was baffled. It was complete chaos. And she still hadn’t figured out why there were eleven boys in her house. Only two boys who she didn't know the names of were still sitting quietly, even Sehun was joking around.

“Ahem.” Jaemi cleared to grab the boys’ attention but nothing could be heard over their loud bantering.

“YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

That got their attention alright. The boys all quieted down, remembering that she was also there. A boy with gentle-looking doe eyes stepped out of the huddle and came towards her. "Ah sorry, I’m Luhan. Nice to meet you." He extended his hand out to her.

Jaemi stared at his hand without taking it and he slowly lowered it while rubbing the back of his neck. "I can’t exactly say that it’s nice to meet you though." Jaemi replied and turned to the rest of them. "Can somebody please explain why you guys are in my house?"

 

 

A/N: Sorry guys I'm still in the middle of editing this chapter! Writing is not easy! Please comment, subscribe, upvote :)